1019 users online (188 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Cindy Implicated in Mail Fraud

People Magazine has a brief article stating that Cindy Anthony has been implicated in mail fraud for using Jose' address when sending mail to Casey.

Can someone here clarify something for me? If the mail is marked "Legal Correspondence" does that mean the inmate and only the inmae can open it? IF this is so then how did CA put send letters marked as such that are now made public. Just confused. Thank goodness I or no one I know has been in jail so it is unfamiliar territory for me:-)

Cindy being involved in mail fraud doesn't surprise me. And considering what else I think she's involved in, she should have a long rap sheet before it's over.

What cracks me up is that she asks, in the same letter after talking about mail fraud, "Do they think I'm stupid?"

Cindy, do you really want an answer to that question? And shouldn't you be taking something that is a FEDERAL offense more seriously?

How serious is this? Can she be charged for this?

Can we link to People? Hopefully we can because here's the link: http://www.people.com/people/article...408468,00.html
    :Benny_monkeysmilies

Quote Originally Posted by QB. View Post
    I think Jose will step up and cover for her. She's already said that she had to send her letters to JB for him to read and then he would send them on to KC. Now I know why that information was thrown out there. CYA!

She used Baez' return address, also besides lying about the contents being legal documents. This is trying to perpetrate fraud on the institution. Perry should love this. Guaranteed he knows about it already. I have yet to see a more "letter of the law" judge. Love watching him. He is constantly prefacing rulings with cases. Can't contain myself at times.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlady View Post
    Can someone here clarify something for me? If the mail is marked "Legal Correspondence" does that mean the inmate and only the inmae can open it? IF this is so then how did CA put send letters marked as such that are now made public. Just confused. Thank goodness I or no one I know has been in jail so it is unfamiliar territory for me:-)
    ROFL! No marking something "Legal Correspondence" will not shield it from inspection. Attorney Client privilege really only applies when the attorney is in the room or in some way directly present. I believe in order for documents to be so protected they need to be under the attorneys control? (can a lawyer verify this?) So to shield any such documents they would need to hand carry them to the client. Marking a letter as such pretty much guarantees that the jail officers will take a look at it, because it rather clearly shouts out that someone is trying to put something over on them.

I think given all of the mail to various inmates that the jail can both tell genuine attorney correspondence from fakes and knew it was a ruse. More importantly, I doubt JB never mind any attorney ever trusts the jail to mail anything via the jail to their client. If it was legal documentation of any nature it would get sent to the attorney for review and s/he'd bring it in as work product.

I don't see an attorney mailing anything legal via the jail or allowing it to be left in a jail cell. They are going to control it, get it signed and, take it out.

If true I think, as usual, CA was trying to be too clever and being so clever she did something silly.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

Quite serious. Its a federal crime punishable by 5 to 20 years in prison.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by ks1 View Post
    I think Jose will step up and cover for her. She's already said that she had to send her letters to JB for him to read and then he would send them on to KC. Now I know why that information was thrown out there. CYA!
    I see. So she was being helpful in giving him an envelope with his return address on it and Legal Documents stamped on the envelope to be forwarded to Casey.

Every six weeks the Anthonys in one way or another HURT this case. Either by lying with something like the above or going on tv and lying again about the smell in the car. If I did not know better, I would think Cindy wants to hurt Casey's chances.

Postal inspectors do not kid around and have police powers. A place I worked for accidentally printed out duplicate postage for outgoing shipments one day. We thought we got all the duplicates but some slipped through. Exact same bar codes and everything. So some of our customers received their orders twice.

Within days of shipping, a postal inspector showed up at my workplace to investigate. He explained that this was just one of the ways that people use to commit mail fraud. Often mail fraud is covering up other crimes as well. We were ever so careful with the postage after that.
    Last edited by Tuffy; 08-06-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    I see. So she was being helpful in giving him an envelope with his return address on it and Legal Documents stamped on the envelope to be forwarded to Casey.

Every six weeks the Anthonys in one way or another HURT this case. Either by lying with something like the above or going on tv and lying again about the smell in the car. If I did not know better, I would think Cindy wants to hurt Casey's chances.
    BBM. Isn't that the truth, Solace? For someone who wants to prove her daughter is innocent and is getting "railroaded", her mother sure does a crappy job of it. I love all the mind-play stuff at work here....Cindy can say it all she wants that she thinks Casey is innocent but her subconcious gives her away every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post

I don't think Cindy knows why she does half of what she does. I wonder if she's had some type of frontal lobe damage in the past as she seems so impulsive as is my son who was injured in a car accident.

Quote Originally Posted by intrigued79 View Post
    Can we link to People? Hopefully we can because here's the link: http://www.people.com/people/article...408468,00.html
    .....an aside.....one of the comments on the People link is

"and remember folks, to have your Anthony's spayed or neutered".

WOW.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast