829 users online (136 members and 693 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Are the names given to these kids considered abuse alone?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    81 61.83%
  • No

    32 24.43%
  • Uncertain

    10 7.63%
  • Other - Please explain.

    1 0.76%
  • Not if it can be proven to be a family name passed down

    7 5.34%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559

    Exclamation Adolph Hitler's Parents Lose Custody of the Kids!

    Link

    Parents lose custody of son Adolf Hitler
    By QMI Agency
    Last Updated: August 6, 2010 11:59am

    Parents who have given their kids Nazi-inspired names — including naming one little boy Adolf Hitler — have lost custody of their three children.

    Heath and Deborah Campbell's children were taken out of their home in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, in January after the family tried to get a birthday cake with their son's name on it at a local ShopRite.

    The youngest child, a baby, is named Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, named after Heinrich Luitpold Himmler, a Nazi politician. A second daughter is named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation — Aryan Nations is a white nationalist neo-Nazi organization. All three have been in foster care.

    On Thursday, an appeals court said there was evidence of abuse in the home, Fox News reported.

    Despite a gag order, the parents spoke to Fox News, saying they don't think it's right.

    "We have a right to have our kids named. A name's a name," Heath said in the interview. "Our kids are beautiful kids, they're not going to grow up to hate people, they're not going to grow up to hurt people."


    Maybe not but they are gonna get their kicked every day once they start school. JMO

    The names alone qualify as abuse.

    OT, but I wonder why the combtooth mustache has never come back in style?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    Giving those names to a baby is abuse in itself to me..........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkcP0olmQY[/ame]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere out there ....
    Posts
    8,441
    Unfortunatley I think we will be seeing some big time Lawyer stepping in and having a hay day with this case.
    I feel like they were not doing their children any favors with names like that, why in the world would you do that to your children.....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,495
    These people should have some mental tests done to see just what mental disorder they are suffering from.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,699
    I do think giving the kids those names is abusive, especially the son. However, i don't know that is enough to remove the kids from the home. I think the names just put the spotlight on these parents and caused child protective services to take a second look. I read somewhere that the mother sent a badly spelled letter to someone saying that her husband had threatened to kill her and harm the kids or take the kids. That would likely be enough.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    397
    I think it is really bad form, and I feel bad for the kids, but I wouldn't call it abuse...

    If you want to remove these kids because of their names then I guess we will also be removing all the other kids with questionalble names... I, personally, know a girl named Satin Sheets and her sister is Tequila Sunrise... Or what about the kid whose Mom named him (Hmmm, how to type this without getting a time-out...) S--THEAD, but she promounced it Sha-Theed...

    I totally agree it sucks for the kids but I think removing them from the home is a bit much... I mean, they don't remove kids from their parents even when they are card carrying members of the KKK.

    PS--- I may be a smidge jaded because I wanted to give our little girl "Pearly Gates" as a middle name and OMG you would not believe the amount of crud I got for that... In the end, I caved and we named her after my Grams... 8-)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    The New Jersey parents who gave their children Nazi-inspired names including Adolf Hitler lost custody after a state appeals court ruled that a history of domestic violence puts the children at risk of abuse and neglect.

    Officials say the removal had nothing to do with the kids' names.
    Court documents show that the oldest child frequently threatens to kill people and the mother once slipped a note to a neighbor saying she was terrified of her husband because he said he would kill her.

    Adolf Hitler Campbell, 4, and his two younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 3, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, 2, will remain in the care of the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS).

    Their parents, Heath Campbell, 37, and Deborah Campbell, 27, both unemployed and disabled, were abused as children and "neither has received adequate treament for their serious psychological conditions," the three-judge panel of the Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division.


    http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-can...ry?id=11334970

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Exit 148
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    The New Jersey parents who gave their children Nazi-inspired names including Adolf Hitler lost custody after a state appeals court ruled that a history of domestic violence puts the children at risk of abuse and neglect.

    Officials say the removal had nothing to do with the kids' names.
    Court documents show that the oldest child frequently threatens to kill people and the mother once slipped a note to a neighbor saying she was terrified of her husband because he said he would kill her.

    Adolf Hitler Campbell, 4, and his two younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 3, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, 2, will remain in the care of the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS).

    Their parents, Heath Campbell, 37, and Deborah Campbell, 27, both unemployed and disabled, were abused as children and "neither has received adequate treament for their serious psychological conditions," the three-judge panel of the Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division.


    http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-can...ry?id=11334970
    "serious psychological conditions"...there's a shocker...those kids were with them too long, IMO, and their names were the first clues that something was amiss and needed to be investigated...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Admittedly it was a boneheaded move to name their children this. Adolph, and Aryan would have sufficed. I got nothing on the Himmler kid. Just call her Jeannie, maybe?

    There are plenty of heroic, talented and artistic people in German history they could have named these kids after. However, it's their basic freedom to name their children anything they want.

    They're not the brightest bulbs obviously. Maybe they were abused themselves as kids. No education. That doesn't warrant taking people's children from them. If there is abuse and psychological problems aside from bad taste I'd like to know their diagnosis. If Momma did write the note and spoke the truth about hubby well they got some huge problems.

    Taking children because they chose those names? That's not abuse. IMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Admittedly it was a boneheaded move to name their children this. Adolph, and Aryan would have sufficed. I got nothing on the Himmler kid. Just call her Jeannie, maybe?

    There are plenty of heroic, talented and artistic people in German history they could have named these kids after. However, it's their basic freedom to name their children anything they want.

    They're not the brightest bulbs obviously. Maybe they were abused themselves as kids. No education. That doesn't warrant taking people's children from them. If there is abuse and psychological problems aside from bad taste I'd like to know their diagnosis. If Momma did write the note and spoke the truth about hubby well they got some huge problems.

    Taking children because they chose those names? That's not abuse. IMO

    Put well Filly.

    As much as this makes me sick and is against everything I believe in, It is not abuse. One can name their children anything they want to. I don't think that should be classified as abuse and warrant their children being taken away. They may be Aryan Nation Followers. I find it just tasteless, and sick.

    I think what probably happened is this brought attention to the family and problems that were hidden were uncovered and that is the reason the children were taken away.

    I do not know if the letter is true, but that sounds like a good enough reason for the children to be yanked out of the household.

    Goz

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Why does it matter that they are both unemployed and disabled? First if you are disabled you are not unemployed. Second is being disabled a reason to take someones children? But other then that it does seem there are issues in the home.

    I feel bad for the kids who are just babies. I dont think the names alone are abusive I think the reasoning behind the names is deranged. These people think these are wonderful names and dont care what we think of them or anybody else.
    Just like I didnt care what the MIL thought when I named my kid.

    If the name was a derogatory towards the child then I would think it was abusive but it isnt it is just derogatory towards the rest of the world.

    The child named Himmler is boy.
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 08-07-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: eta

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Why does it matter that they are both unemployed and disabled? First if you are disabled you are not unemployed. Second is being disabled a reason to take someones children? But other then that it does seem there are issues in the home.

    I feel bad for the kids who are just babies. I dont think the names alone are abusive I think the reasoning behind the names is deranged. These people think these are wonderful names and dont care what we think of them or anybody else.
    Just like I didnt care what the MIL thought when I named my kid.

    If the name was a derogatory towards the child then I would think it was abusive but it isnt it is just derogatory towards the rest of the world.

    The child named Himmler is boy.
    I respectfully disagree. If he had named his kid "Please beat the crap out of me everyday at school and keep me from having friends and getting jobs" that would be child abuse and basically they've done the same thing here. Naming your kid that really makes me question their decision making abilities.

    Outside of his little Arayan circle I can't see him making too many friends. What would you say if your kid asked; can Adolph Hitler come over for the slumber party?

    Jobs are more frequently being applied for online and not in person. If I'm a manager and I see "Adolph Hitler" applied for a job I'm not going to take the application seriously.

    They have set their kids up for failure from day one. JMO

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Exit 148
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If he had named his kid "Please beat the crap out of me everyday at school and keep me from having friends and getting jobs" that would be child abuse and basically they've done the same thing here. Naming your kid that really makes me question their decision making abilities.

    Outside of his little Arayan circle I can't see him making too many friends. What would you say if your kid asked; can Adolph Hitler come over for the slumber party?

    Jobs are more frequently being applied for online and not in person. If I'm a manager and I see "Adolph Hitler" applied for a job I'm not going to take the application seriously.

    They have set their kids up for failure from day one. JMO
    ITA!!!!! Kids have to grow up in a cruel world and IMO only a parent will some serious issues would name kids something that would obviously put them in peril's way and lead to them being tormented and ostracized...Notice in my post I didn't say they should be taken away for being given this name...I said it should have been the first sign something was amiss and needed to be further investigated. If that had happened, perhaps these later charges would not have come to be...One of the articles claims the oldest (Hitler, I believe?) has threatened to kill people (at 4 years old)...Where does a 4 y.o. come up with this? Not from his name obviously...Has to have heard/seen this kind of talk...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If he had named his kid "Please beat the crap out of me everyday at school and keep me from having friends and getting jobs" that would be child abuse and basically they've done the same thing here. Naming your kid that really makes me question their decision making abilities.

    Outside of his little Arayan circle I can't see him making too many friends. What would you say if your kid asked; can Adolph Hitler come over for the slumber party?

    Jobs are more frequently being applied for online and not in person. If I'm a manager and I see "Adolph Hitler" applied for a job I'm not going to take the application seriously.

    They have set their kids up for failure from day one. JMO

    All the kids named Herbert or whatever name children find unattractive could provoke the same issues these kids name names could. I doubt children would respond at all to the names until at least 6th grade.


    I do not think these people ever thought of what it would look like on an job application because they do not consider those as everyday parts of life.

    I dont think they set out to have their children discriminated agaisnt by naming the children this. They thought they were being loyal to their messed up belief system.
    I think they are limited thinkers who did not look at the big picture when naming their children.
    I agree it did set them up for failure. It doesnt make it abuse because of the way OTHER people may , could, or do respond to the children. Now the parents are idiots and didnt look at the overall effect but it is personal choice and these names are not new names.They have been arround awhile.they are just tainted by history.



    Btw Herbert got beat up alot most of it was verbal but I always wonder what his life would have been like if his name had been steve. He could have pulled off Steve.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NM - Anthony Apodaca & Jennifer Stephenson for child endangerment, Santa Fe, 2010
    By Texas Mist in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
  2. Parents Lose Custody Of 7 Children Because They're Too Fat
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
  3. Children put in custody after parents' binge
    By Floh in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 09:28 AM
  4. SC - John & Connie Oliver accused of starving kids, 2006
    By czechmate7 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM