772 users online (101 members and 671 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Talking How to ummm....save gas!

Link

Sewage powered VW Beetle hits the road in Bristol
    A Volkswagen Beetle powered by gas from sewage has taken to the road for the first time in Britain.
    By Ben Leach
    Published: 11:16AM BST 05 Aug 2010

The Bio-Bug was launched on Thursday by Wessex Water, which is generating methane from human waste at a sewage treatment works near Bristol.

The company claims the prototype is able to cover 10,000 miles annually on the waste from 70 households....

The converted Beetle car that runs on methane gas Photo: SWNS

The seventy households needed can be reduced to 30 if the families regularly eat at Taco Bell.

I heard it was a crappy ride.

10,000 Miles from 70 households a year. So if I x's that by five I would need 350 households poop to cover the what my hubby drives.

Now I will spend the next few hours trying to get that thought out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I heard it was a crappy ride.

10,000 Miles from 70 households a year. So if I x's that by five I would need 350 households poop to cover the what my hubby drives.

Now I will spend the next few hours trying to get that thought out of my head.
    BBM

I also noticed they failed to mention what it smells like if you're driving behind it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...egetables.html

A new racing car made of vegetables and powered by chocolate can hit speeds of 145 miles per hour. Designers hoped the environmentally-friendly technology used in their car, launched last year, will be adopted by Formula 1 teams such as McLaren and world champions Ferrari. The car, named ecoF3, has a steering wheel made of carrots, a body made of potatoes and a seat made of soybeans.

i think i like this idea better

but there are always other options...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ive-fuels.html

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...egetables.html

A new racing car made of vegetables and powered by chocolate can hit speeds of 145 miles per hour. Designers hoped the environmentally-friendly technology used in their car, launched last year, will be adopted by Formula 1 teams such as McLaren and world champions Ferrari. The car, named ecoF3, has a steering wheel made of carrots, a body made of potatoes and a seat made of soybeans.

i think i like this idea better

but there are always other options...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ive-fuels.html
    BBM

I respectfully disagree, using chocolate for anything but eating is sooooo wrong that it should be illegal. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

I respectfully disagree, using chocolate for anything but eating is sooooo wrong that it should be illegal. JMO

yeah - your right ... but i would really like to know just how much it would cost to fill the tank with chocolate??

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

I have to say if a was in an accidented I would rather it be in the soybean carrot, chocolate car than the methane gas car.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I have to say if a was in an accidented I would rather it be in the soybean carrot, chocolate car than the methane gas car.

You make a good point. I'd rather have chocolate all over me as I waited for the ambulance!