Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milyandel View Post
    Hi! Long-time lurker, first time poster here...hope you don't mind if I chime in ? I read about Randy Kraft a while ago and his "scorecard" really got me intrigued. One of the entries that had not been connected to any unsolved case by the investigators was 'Oxnard'. You have probably also read this article, where it was mentioned, but I'm putting the link here in case others want to look. It gave me chills when I found out about Johnnie Herrera!

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-10-...aft-case-randy

I'm with you in wondering where his car is, if Kraft (or anyone else) got him, though .

OT: I tried to connect some other dots, namely UID's and missing persons with the scorecard, but the forum search tool didn't work for me, so I'd appreciate a lot if someone could point me to a thread about Kraft's case in general (if there is one). Thank you in advance!
    Thanks a lot. That really is eerie that Randy Kraft had Oxnard listed on his scorecard and that it's never actually been linked to any known unsolved murders.

I'm starting to wonder if there really could be a link between Johnnie Herrera and Kraft. After I found out that Johnnie had a wife and child, I was almost ready to rule out the Kraft angle because I figured that all of his victims were gay. But after reading that article and finding out that that wasn't always the case, maybe the possibility of Johnnie being an undiscovered victim of Randy Kraft isn't so far-fetched after all.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Not that I think this has anything to do with our missing person, but I thought I ought to point out that being married with a kid isn't a guarantee of heterosexuality -- anybody might be putting up a front, swinging both ways, looking for something on the side, etc.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Not that I think this has anything to do with our missing person, but I thought I ought to point out that being married with a kid isn't a guarantee of heterosexuality -- anybody might be putting up a front, swinging both ways, looking for something on the side, etc.
    True. Especially considering that Kraft was particularly active during a time when homosexuality was still considered a form of mental illness or disturbance by not only much of the country, but by many psychologists as well.

So, carbuff, Kat, Milyandel, or anyone really, do you think I should send another e-mail to Lynette Fenton about the mysterious Oxnard notation on Kraft's scorecard? Or do you think it's just a coincidence? Personally, I'm sort of on the fence and need help to decide either way.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

Hi Bobby! I don't see any harm in informing Ms. Fenton about the scorecard entry. She may be aware of it already, but it is also possible that she hasn't thought about Kraft in connection of Johnnie. It may very well be a coincidence, but I personally believe that the "unsolved" entries in Kraft's scorecard sadly mean there are some unfortunate, lost young men still out there somewhere. If the Oxnard entry isn't Johnnie, it's someone else .

I'm not at all an expert in US legal, law enforcement or punishment system (I'm a complete outsider, a Finn, actually ), and I'm not sure what Ms. Fenton could use the information for - there's no body and the connection would probably be very hard to prove, especially after all this time. Is Kraft still alive? If he is, he'd be the only one perhaps able to give some answers, but I doubt if he would.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milyandel For This Useful Post:

I've just e-mailed Ms. Fenton about the entry on Kraft's score card. I also sent her the link to that article about the score card. Even if it's not Johnnie, it might help solve another murder and bring peace to that victim's family.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

I just got an e-mail from Ms. Fenton today. She said she found the article on Kraft's score card interesting and that she would definitely look into the Oxnard notation to see if there's any connection. The e-mail was short, but based on the tone of it, I got the impression that she was thrilled by the fact that someone was still interested in this cold case.
    Last edited by Bobby88; 11-05-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: grammatical error

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

I e-mailed the people who run the blog called "Can You Identify Me?" about adding Johnnie's case to their 1971 section (despite the blog's name, they do have some missing persons cases on there as well).

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/

If you notice, the posts on each victim have an account of what happened through the "victim's" point of view. I asked them in my e-mail if I could personally write "Johnnie's" account of his disappearance using the info that Ms. Fenton gave me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

I just noticed something in Johnnie's teeth in his graduation picture when I magnified it. I know that he has a chipped upper right front tooth (it's so slight, I had to study both pictures several times before I noticed it), but I just now noticed something else.

If you expand his graduation picture and really look at a what little you can see of his bottom teeth, it looks like he has one tooth on the lower left (it looks like his lower left canine tooth) that seems to protrude noticeably outward from the rest of his teeth.

Maybe it's just my eyes or just the angle at which his head is turned. If anyone else wants to look at the picture and give me a second opinion, feel free.

If it is a protruding tooth, it looks like it would be distinctive enough for someone who may have come in contact with Johnnie when he disappeared to remember, although I have a feeling Johnnie didn't live very long after he left that bachelor party. Most likely, the tooth would be good to rule in/out Johnnie as a match to any John Does' remains.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Johnnie. This is the 39th holiday season his friends and relatives have spent without him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

A weird dream I had

This really has nothing to do with the case per se, but I'm currently reading some novels from Sue Grafton's alphabet series.

Last night, I started thinking about Johnnie's case as I was reading one of these novels. I had a dream that there was a Sue Grafton book about Johnnie's case with Johnnie's picture on the cover (the younger pic of him) entitled "E is for Enjoyable" (don't ask me why that was the name of the book; it just was). In the dream, I remember being upset and thinking 'There's been a book about the Johnnie Herrera disapperanceand NO ONE at Websleuths bothered to tell me about it?!?'

Just thought you'd get a kick out of that. I certainly did.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

I've started looking at unidentified male bodies around the time frame of Johnnie's disappearance, but have had no luck finding an UID that resembles him in the slightest. If anyone has a potential match, feel free to post it. I keep focusing on UIDs in California as I'm convinced Johnnie never made it much farther than his friend's home where the party was held when he left there to go home.

Until I'd contacted Lynette Fenton and learned that the other people at the bachelor party were interviewed and cleared, I had wondered if maybe there had been a fight or something at the party which may have resulted in Johnnie's demise and the friends had disposed of the body. I'd also wondered about the possibility of there never actually being a bachelor party and that he may have been using that as an excuse to meet a friend or lover that his relatives may not have approved of (again, this was before it came to light that he was married with a child, so I was assuming he was still living with his parents). But now that we know that Johnnie was indeed at the party and had left when it was done, it seems to raise more questions than answers.

I keep coming back to his car being missing. If Johnnie was traveling on foot, it might be easier to picture a scenario of him hitch-hiking and being picked up by a sicko who looking to kill someone or him getting hit and killed by a car and the vehicle's driver panicking and disposing of the body. But when you realize that his car is missing also, what are you left with?

I suppose Johnnie's car could have broken down on the way home and someone who stopped to offer him assistance ended up abucting him. But I highly doubt any kidnapper would take the time after abducting their victim to then go back to the scene of the kidnapping and somehow get rid of that victim's car. Someone else suggested that Johnnie could have been drinking that night and/or simply had an accident and crashed the car into a body of water and it has yet to be found. That sound possible, but wouldn't have some part of the car washed up and wouldn't somebody find some part of it while they were diving, fishing, swimming, etc. in that water body?

I'd like to know how far away Johnnie and his wife lived from the house where the party was held. Would the route have taken him through any dangerous areas where someone might have killed him in order to steal his car (people have been killed for much less)? Also, I can't help but wonder if Johnnie was harmed by someone he knew. Could he have been followed to the party and attacked at some point on the way home by that person? Maybe. But again, WHERE IS THE CAR?

Does anyone have any different theories as to what could have happened?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

Johnnie would be 60 today. Happy birthday, Johnnie, wherever you may be.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

On Johnnie's Namus page, a (very cute) picture of him at the age of 7 has been added. He's smiling and facing forward and you can clearly see his chipped tooth, although the chip is extremely small. It's on the very bottom of his right (his right, which when viewed from the front would be our left) upper front tooth.

https://www.findthemissing.org/photos/full/15171

Also, under the DNA section, it says the testing of the sample of DNA (the one from his twin brother) and that the testing has been completed. I take it then that no matches and/or other clues were found?

Johnnie was such a cute little boy. I can't help but wonder if the son he left behind looks anything like him.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby88 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone by chance know how to do an age-progression picture of Johnnie's graduation picture to show what he might look like today at 60?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby88 View Post
    Thanks a lot. That really is eerie that Randy Kraft had Oxnard listed on his scorecard and that it's never actually been linked to any known unsolved murders.

I'm starting to wonder if there really could be a link between Johnnie Herrera and Kraft. After I found out that Johnnie had a wife and child, I was almost ready to rule out the Kraft angle because I figured that all of his victims were gay. But after reading that article and finding out that that wasn't always the case, maybe the possibility of Johnnie being an undiscovered victim of Randy Kraft isn't so far-fetched after all.
    When I saw that Johnnie was from Oxnard, I remembered the "Oxnard" entry on the list found in Randy Kraft's car when he was arrested. Not all of the young men killed by Randy Kraft were homosexuals.

Patrick Kearney was another serial killer who murdered young men from about 1965 to 1977 in southern California. It is possible that he could be responsible for Mr. Herrera's disappearance.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast