2010.08.07 - 300 Red Balloons released for Kyron

SurfieTX

Reaction score
"PORTLAND, Ore. -- Today at Skyline Elementary some 300 red balloons will be released for Kyron Horman."

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/300-Balloons-Released-for-Kyron/vqpKvAY--0yKSbwJrIrp4g.cspx

I wonder if the parents are going today. I also wonder if this was symbolic in any way. And, finally, I also wonder if that means they will be taking down the wall of hope ( :( ) in preparation for the students, parents and teachers returning to school daily.

the balloons should be a beautiful thing for a beautiful boy. As far as the wall of hope, maybe it's just time to just relocate it somewhere else. The meaning is/will still be the same....jmo

the balloons should be a beautiful thing for a beautiful boy. As far as the wall of hope, maybe it's just time to just relocate it somewhere else. The meaning is/will still be the same....jmo

I agree. Weird thing is, I read the comments, and 2 people were actually kind of mad that they were not being "environmentally friendly" by sending up balloons made of plastic. :waitasec:

"PORTLAND, Ore. -- Today at Skyline Elementary some 300 red balloons will be released for Kyron Horman."

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/300-Balloons-Released-for-Kyron/vqpKvAY--0yKSbwJrIrp4g.cspx

I wonder if the parents are going today. I also wonder if this was symbolic in any way. And, finally, I also wonder if that means they will be taking down the wall of hope ( :( ) in preparation for the students, parents and teachers returning to school daily.

Oh, I hope they don't take it down. I saw it for the first time last night, and it was so moving. School doesn't start til after labor day. Does anyone know who organized the release?

I agree. Weird thing is, I read the comments, and 2 people were actually kind of mad that they were not being "environmentally friendly" by sending up balloons made of plastic. :waitasec:

Well, that's Portland for ya. I admit the thought crossed my mind as well. They don't do that kind of thing so much here.

For those of you who have participated in the Wall of Hope, and for those that just went by to look, I commend all of you Portland residents for caring for such a very special little boy. I know it means alot to all family and friends involved...Bless You All !

I thought this prayer from this lady was sweet and then the release of all the red balloons was so neat. Here's the video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rrfgr7nP4c&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rrfgr7nP4c&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I thought this prayer from this lady was sweet and then the release of all the red balloons was so neat. Here's the video:

I managed to hold it together until the balloons were released, then the waterworks started.

Thank you for posting the video shorty.

I managed to hold it together until the balloons were released, then the waterworks started.

Thank you for posting the video shorty.

me too, I cried. I pray Kyron is found soon, sigh, sweet boy.

Me three, I'm crying now... Please... In the name of everything HOLY... Bring Kyron home..

The red heart leading the group is a symbol of all the love we feel for Kyron.

You know who you are. Please Please..Bring Kyron Home!

Was that the symbolism of the red? I was wondering if maybe it was Kyrons favorite color. The balloon release was beautiful....

Red has been reported to be Kyron's favorite color. It was beautiful. Very moving.

I say to the person out there that is responsible for what has happened to Kyron if you are able to watch something as emotionally moving as this balloon release and not feel PROFOUNDLY COMPELLED to do what is right for this precious, innocent child and ensure he is brought home immediately(literally or in spirit for a proper burial)then I am positive that there is indeed ice that runs through your veins and a heart made purely of stone.

And to that person may God have mercy on your soul as it is more than sure you are bound for hell:devil:

They are misinformed. All is okay with sending the balloons up. Some interesting data on it below.

What happens to balloons that are released into the air?

About 95% of balloons released into the atmosphere rise to an altitude of approximately five miles. The temperature here is about -20 degrees. The balloons actually freeze in the jet-stream and become brittle before shattering in a state called "brittle fracture". What that means is that the balloon is reduced to pieces about the size of a ten cent piece, where they flutter back to earth to finish decomposing.

Don't balloons block the digestive system of animals?

Research conducted at the University of Miami found that the passing of latex corresponded with normal gut passing time. There is no documented proof that the death of a cow or other domestic animal has been attributed to choking on a balloon. It is, however, a very emotive assumption and powerful argument - but without foundation.

There is a great deal of public community concern about balloon releases at major sporting venues and special events. Are these concerns valid?

Balloon releases are a major visual spectacle. They raise excitement and anticipation of an even greater event. Their impact on the environment is, however, less spectacular and almost disappointing. Balloons are a natural product, grown from trees and they degrade rapidly when exposed to the environment. The effect is similar to an oak leaf - it soon rots and re-enters the food chain - unlike most plastics. The EPA request the organisers of such events minimise the undesirable effects by avoiding all plastic materials and use only easily degradable materials. Latex balloons fit this category.

http://www.balloonlink.com/environment.htm

We didn't know about this until after it happened...or we would have organized our own at the same time in Utah...

However... we did (coincidentally) all wear red today for Kyron. We also went to get our blood drawn (more red) and got red wraps after the blood draw...

We didn't know about this until after it happened...or we would have organized our own at the same time in Utah...

However... we did (coincidentally) all wear red today for Kyron. We also went to get our blood drawn (more red) and got red wraps after the blood draw...

Ms. Facetious I Liked you already, but your post just made me really see what type of person you really are. You are someone I would be proud to say that I know.. It is ppl like yourself that restore my faith in humanity.

Ms. Facetious I Liked you already, but your post just made me really see what type of person you really are. You are someone I would be proud to say that I know.. It is ppl like yourself that restore my faith in humanity.

Wow... thank you. :) I'm just happy when I don't get yelled at! :dance:

I believe you will enjoy the change coming to my signature soon...once I decide I'm comfortable enough to change it. :innocent:

Wow... thank you. :) I'm just happy when I don't get yelled at! :dance:

I believe you will enjoy the change coming to my signature soon...once I decide I'm comfortable enough to change it. :innocent:

BBM.. Lookin' forward to it ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back