1067 users online (275 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2475DFOH

Yvonne Regler
    Missing since August 8, 1977 from Fairview Park, Ohio
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 11, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 135 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair.
    Clothing: A yellow T-shirt, and cut-off blue jeans.
    Dentals: Available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Yvonne Regler left her home on August 8, 1977, and went to her job pumping gas at a Lorain Road gas station. She was working alone at the station at the time.
    At 1:30, another attendant arrived to work. Yvonne was gone. Her purse, cigarettes and lunch were found untouched in the office. There was a small amount of money in the purse. Nothing in the office was disturbed. Police quickly discounted the theory she might have run away from home. As she had never ran away before and there was no hint of family troubles.
    Yvonne had worked for the company for about one and a half years at another Sunoco station in North Olmsted. She transferred to the Fairview Park station the day of her disappearance, to fill in for employees on vacation.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fairview Park Police Department
    Det. Mark Gleba
    440-356-4422
    Email

Agency Case Number: 77-6320

NCIC Number: M-036950947
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ar_yvonne.html

Yvonne can not be found listed in NamUs at this time.

Yvonne has been missing 33 years as of today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-13-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of surname

35 year anniversary is approaching. This case remains unsolved.

-------------------------------------------
    Yvonne Regler
    Missing since August 8, 1977 from Fairview Park, Ohio
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 11, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 135 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair. Blue eyes.
    Clothing: A yellow T-shirt, and cutoff blue jeans.
    Dentals: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Yvonne Regler left her home on August 8, 1977, and went to her job pumping gas at a Lorain Road gas station. She was working alone at the station at the time.

At 1:30, another attendant arrived to work. Yvonne was gone. Her purse, cigarettes and lunch were found untouched in the office. There was a small amount of money in the purse.

Nothing in the office was disturbed. Police quickly discounted the theory she might have run away from home. As she had never ran away before and there was no hint of family troubles.

Yvonne had worked for the company for about one and a half years at another Sunoco station in North Olmsted. She transferred to the Fairview Park station the day of her disappearance, to fill in for employees on vacation.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fairview Park Police Department
    Det. Mark Gleba
    440-356-4422
    Email: FPDetective@fairviewpark.org

Agency Case Number: 77-6320

NCIC Number: M-036950947

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NamUs
    The Chronicle Telegram
    The Doe Network: Case File 2475DFOH

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2475dfoh.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-13-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: C

Richard, I am new here and not sure how everything is done. I live less than a mile from where Yvonne Reglar was abducted and I'm very familiar with the area. Anyhow, I noticed on NamUs that Adams County Oh is listed as the location of the city of Fairview Park. This is incorrect: Fairview Park is in Cuyahoga County; it is an inner ring suburb of Cleveland. I'd like to correct this error, but would I contact NamUs directly, or notify the police? Thank you

Correcting website files...

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre1230 View Post
    Richard, I am new here and not sure how everything is done. I live less than a mile from where Yvonne Reglar was abducted and I'm very familiar with the area. Anyhow, I noticed on NamUs that Adams County Oh is listed as the location of the city of Fairview Park. This is incorrect: Fairview Park is in Cuyahoga County; it is an inner ring suburb of Cleveland. I'd like to correct this error, but would I contact NamUs directly, or notify the police? Thank you

Welcome to Websleuths. I have sometimes seen errors on various websites as well. On those occasions I send an e-mail to the site coordinator and explain what I think is an error. I recently saw where Doenet had a Massachucetts case listed under Mississippi in their index. They corrected it.

Thanks Richard; I'm on it!

This girl was 17 years old. Who thought it was a good idea to let her work a gas station alone or any woman for that manner? Was this 1:30 at night or the afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    This girl was 17 years old. Who thought it was a good idea to let her work a gas station alone or any woman for that manner? Was this 1:30 at night or the afternoon?
    Because in the 1970's, 17-year-olds were considered to be, and mostly treated as, adults. I don't know whether the world was less dangerous, or we were just less afraid of it, but there's nothing at all unusual about her situation.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Having grown up in a different time, that is hard for me to fathom. Still, why was she working at a gas station? Was she not in school? I wonder if her family is still alive.

Smile

Having grown up in a different time, that is hard for me to fathom. Still, why was she working at a gas station? Was she not in school? I wonder if her family is still alive.
    School was not in session when Yvonne was abducted (Monday, August 8, 1977). She was abducted a little while before her lunch break. Fairview Park is a fairly prestigious suburb to this day: violent crime was the last thing people expected in this neighborhood. The gas station is located on Lorain Rd., a heavily trafficked main artery running through Fairview Park's business district.

Having graduated from high school myself in 1970 at the age of 17, I am not surprised that Yvonne was working at a gas station: many girls would have considered it a really cool summer job at that time--we were just starting to get jobs previously available to guys only. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre1230 View Post
    School was not in session when Yvonne was abducted (Monday, August 8, 1977). She was abducted a little while before her lunch break. Fairview Park is a fairly prestigious suburb to this day: violent crime was the last thing people expected in this neighborhood. The gas station is located on Lorain Rd., a heavily trafficked main artery running through Fairview Park's business district.

Having graduated from high school myself in 1970 at the age of 17, I am not surprised that Yvonne was working at a gas station: many girls would have considered it a really cool summer job at that time--we were just starting to get jobs previously available to guys only. Hope this helps!
    Yeah, exactly. I graduated in 1971 at 17. Working at a gas station would have been one of the best-paying jobs around my area, even for a permanent job.

If you do a people search on the name Reglar, it brings up only 5 in the US. None in Ohio. What's interesting is that on 3 of them they also go by the last name Reger.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Thanks for schooling me, guys. Like I said, it is hard for me to fathom what it was like in the 70s and how trusting everyone seemed. So re the last name Reglar-is it possible Yvonne has no living family?

Thanks for schooling me, guys. Like I said, it is hard for me to fathom what it was like in the 70s and how trusting everyone seemed. So re the last name Reglar-is it possible Yvonne has no living family?
    It's possible. Though if she had sisters, aunts, etc. they'd probably have different names, and her mother's family certainly would.

It's kind of odd -- objectively speaking, things are much much safer now. And yet people are more and more suspicious and afraid.

You have a good point re things being safer now-people are right to be cautious. I wonder if there were many news articles on Yvonne or if there was a big search for her.

The recent story about the missing girls in Cleveland Ohio made me google my Aunt and I found this thread. Yes, Yvonne, still has living family. He father was deceased before she went missing. Her mother (my grandmother) died 1/2012. My mother (her older 1/2 sister) is still living as well as her older 1/2 brother. Her stepfather and younger 1/2 sister are also still living.

There are no Reglars around to my knowledge. My grandmother changed names when she remarried.
    Last edited by lesalia17; 05-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast