Thread: OH - Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden, 25, Lorain, 8 Aug 1975

OH - Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden, 25, Lorain, 8 Aug 1975

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1974DFOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1974dfoh.html

Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden
    Missing since August 8, 1975 from Lorain, Lorain County, Ohio
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 3, 1949
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"-5'6"; 125-135 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair probably shoulder length or longer; hazel eyes. She has a fair complexion; slim build with a very well proportioned figure. Fine aqualine nose, small features, finely natural arched eyebrows. She had a very passive personality at the time of her disappearance and tended to be a follower.
    Marks, Scars: One of her legs had a scar from knee surgery and her left baby finger was mangled as a child and was crooked. She had an appendectomy scar in her abdominal lower right quadrant.
    Medical: Past medical history most likely was related to encephalitis as a child but not lasting neurological disability. She may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
    AKA: Dotty Wood, Dotty Madden
    Other: The picture above taken in 1968 is very similar to the way she looked in 1975.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden was last seen in Lorain Ohio on August 8, 1975.
    Her last known encounter was a very violent argument with her boyfriend who was later confined to an institution because of his mental status. He had been in the military and was known to be violent.
    Because of Dorothy's age, authorities considered her disappearance a voluntary walk-away. They never fully investigated her boyfriend.
    Dorothy was born, raised and lived in Massachusetts until she moved to Ohio in 1975 with the same boyfriend she was living with when she went missing.

Lorain PD has her living in Lorain with her husband, Nathan Wiseley, at 1144 W. 11th St.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lorain Police Department
    440-204-2105

Agency Case #: 75-241554

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_dorothy.html

I do not find Dorothy listed in NamUs, (search of surname Madden).

Dorothy has been missing 35 years today. Come home soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made a account yesterday to this website, I wanted to post a UI person who was found in CT around the same time Dorthy went missing. There are alot of similarities like Same HT,WT,Hair,Eye,Age etc and she was found within days of the time that Dorothy went missing. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html <-- Thats the page of the UI female.. Im not sure if someone already mentioned it but i thought it was worth posting.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesDiamond View Post
    I made a account yesterday to this website, I wanted to post a UI person who was found in CT around the same time Dorthy went missing. There are alot of similarities like Same HT,WT,Hair,Eye,Age etc and she was found within days of the time that Dorothy went missing. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html <-- Thats the page of the UI female.. Im not sure if someone already mentioned it but i thought it was worth posting.
    About 3 years ago I thought that Dorothy was a strong match for the CT UID you mentioned so I reported. They said it was being looked into but I never heard back from anyone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hmg For This Useful Post: