Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1974DFOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1974dfoh.html

Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden
Missing since August 8, 1975 from Lorain, Lorain County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 3, 1949
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"-5'6"; 125-135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair probably shoulder length or longer; hazel eyes. She has a fair complexion; slim build with a very well proportioned figure. Fine aqualine nose, small features, finely natural arched eyebrows. She had a very passive personality at the time of her disappearance and tended to be a follower.
Marks, Scars: One of her legs had a scar from knee surgery and her left baby finger was mangled as a child and was crooked. She had an appendectomy scar in her abdominal lower right quadrant.
Medical: Past medical history most likely was related to encephalitis as a child but not lasting neurological disability. She may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
AKA: Dotty Wood, Dotty Madden
Other: The picture above taken in 1968 is very similar to the way she looked in 1975.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden was last seen in Lorain Ohio on August 8, 1975.
Her last known encounter was a very violent argument with her boyfriend who was later confined to an institution because of his mental status. He had been in the military and was known to be violent.
Because of Dorothy's age, authorities considered her disappearance a voluntary walk-away. They never fully investigated her boyfriend.
Dorothy was born, raised and lived in Massachusetts until she moved to Ohio in 1975 with the same boyfriend she was living with when she went missing.

Lorain PD has her living in Lorain with her husband, Nathan Wiseley, at 1144 W. 11th St.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lorain Police Department
440-204-2105

Agency Case #: 75-241554

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/madden_dorothy.html

I do not find Dorothy listed in NamUs, (search of surname Madden).

Dorothy has been missing 35 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• DLWMadden.jpg
    DLWMadden.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 104
I made a account yesterday to this website, I wanted to post a UI person who was found in CT around the same time Dorthy went missing. There are alot of similarities like Same HT,WT,Hair,Eye,Age etc and she was found within days of the time that Dorothy went missing. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html <-- Thats the page of the UI female.. Im not sure if someone already mentioned it but i thought it was worth posting.

I made a account yesterday to this website, I wanted to post a UI person who was found in CT around the same time Dorthy went missing. There are alot of similarities like Same HT,WT,Hair,Eye,Age etc and she was found within days of the time that Dorothy went missing. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html <-- Thats the page of the UI female.. Im not sure if someone already mentioned it but i thought it was worth posting.

About 3 years ago I thought that Dorothy was a strong match for the CT UID you mentioned so I reported. They said it was being looked into but I never heard back from anyone.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8430/5

I received an official rule out from NamUs on Dorothy as being the adult female of the 4 Allenstown NH victims found in the barrels in 1985 & 2000
Thought I would update it here as well as their thread, to give Dorothy's case a boost since it's been years since anyone has posted on it.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden was last seen in Lorain, Ohio, on August 9, 1975. She reportedly left her residence at 1144 W. 11th Street in the middle of the night after arguing with her boyfriend, Nathan Wiseley, who reported her missing the next day. She was born Dorothy L, Wood in Massachusetts. She later was married to Joseph Madden and after her divorce from him moved to Lorain, Ohio in 1974.

Nathan Wiseley reported her missing as Dorothy Wiseley indicating that they were married. He later admitted however that they were not legally married but passed themselves off as being married. Dorothy left behind a 4 year old child and has never been heard from since the date of her disappearance.

Original Agency Case #: 75-241554, Updated Agency Case # 2007-11499

Source Information: LPD investigation and Family of Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden
https://www.lorainpolice.com/dorothy-leishman-wood-madden/

She left behind her 5 year old son from a previous relationship. She was reported to be 2 1/2 months pregnant at the time of her disappearence.

First Name: Dorothy Leishman
Middle Name: Leishman
Last Name: Madden
http://www.missingin.org/reg4546/dorothy_leishman_madden.htm

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Cold-Case/Homicides/Doe-2013
Twenty five year old Dorothy Madden was last seen in Lorain, Ohio on August 8, 1975. She lived in the 1100 block of west 11th Street. On 03/09/1981, the skeletal remains of a 25-37 year old white female were found on rural land at 10801 Hawke Rd., Columbia Station, OH. This individual had sacralization of fifth lumbar vertebra with unilateral fusion on the left. Bilateral septal perforation of olecranon fossae. A yellow and white striped contour bed sheet was found with the remains. Probable year of death is 1979 to 1981. These remains were identified as Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden.

Link to UID page on WS
OH - OH - Lorain Co., WhtFem, UP14921, 25-37, skeletal remains in rural land, Mar'81

Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden – The Charley Project

RESOLVED

madden_dorothy.jpg

Madden disappeared from Lorain, Ohio on August 8, 1975. In March 1981, her skeletal remains were found, wrapped in a bedsheet, in a rural area in the 10800 block of Hawke Road in Columbia Station, Ohio. The body was eventually identified as Madden's. Authorities believe she died sometime between 1979 and 1981. Her death is under investigation.

Dorothy Leishman Wood Madden – The Charley Project

RESOLVED

madden_dorothy.jpg

Madden disappeared from Lorain, Ohio on August 8, 1975. In March 1981, her skeletal remains were found, wrapped in a bedsheet, in a rural area in the 10800 block of Hawke Road in Columbia Station, Ohio. The body was eventually identified as Madden's. Authorities believe she died sometime between 1979 and 1981. Her death is under investigation.

Wow. I totally missed this update.
So her remains were found in 1981, and were only recently ID'd? Was she a UP case in NamUs?
I wonder how this all came about.

Glad to see her death is under investigation!

Interesting that her remains were found wrapped in a bed sheet.

I'm suspecting she was involved with someone for a few years (as she disappeared in 1975 and supposedly passed between 1979 and 1981.

JMVHO.

I wonder what took so long for her to be ID'd.

There's some information on the sister's post #9 in the UID thread.

Basically they're just far enough apart that they weren't connected, Dorothy's missing date was quite a bit before the UID's estimated date of death, and for whatever reason nothing was ever followed up on. Pretty much the same story as many of our recent matches.

There's some information on the sister's post #9 in the UID thread.

Basically they're just far enough apart that they weren't connected, Dorothy's missing date was quite a bit before the UID's estimated date of death, and for whatever reason nothing was ever followed up on. Pretty much the same story as many of our recent matches.

Thanks, Carbuff.
One thing I've learned following these cases is time and place doesn't always negate a possible match and every possibility is worth looking into.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back