Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 729UFCA
http://doenetwork.org/cases/729ufca.html

652be0dc-e298-479e-bbd9-44fdb17956b0.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Carl Koppelman

WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2276830080045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified Black Female

* The victim was discovered on September 30, 1968 in Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: Over 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
* Clothing: Unknown color pullover shirt, unknown color pants, black shoes, black socks.
* Dentals: Did not have her wisdom teeth, but also had no dental fillings.

Case History
The victim was located on September 30, 1968, at approx. 7:05 am, behind a residence located at 2356 West 31st Street in L.A.
Possible drug overdose, may have died at another location & left been left at the site.
Had been seen at Jefferson & Arlington in L.A., but her ID was not known.

This morning, I drove over to the Trinity Baptist Church near the corner of Jefferson and Arlington in South Central LA., and asked to speak with the Minister of the Church. He wasn't there, but several other church officials were in the office upstairs.

I brought with me a large 8.5 x 11 color print-out of this woman (above), and another facial reconstruction of a UID young boy (below) who also died in 1968.

9aea85c9-6602-42b3-b817-30966142336d.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1391umca.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?111288

The postmortem photos were printed on the reverse side of the pages. I also brought DoeNetwork printouts of both cases, and a google earth map of the locations where their bodies were found.

I asked the church elders if it was possible to show these images to any persons in their parish who have lived in the area since 1968 to see if they might recognize either of these two people. They said that there were plenty of their church members who have lived in the area since the 60's

One of the men indicated that he was not sure how he would go about it, but he said that he might be able to publish the photos in the church bulletin. They reacted very positively to my visit, and one of the men commented "This is very honorable and important work that you do.".

Hopefully, someone will recognize one or both of these people and if there are any family members still living, they can finally know what happened to their loved ones. It is probable that the parents of these two persons are not still alive, but there may be siblings still around.

Lillian Culbert Williams was entered into Namus in September 2014. I'm not sure she's a great match, but nothing really rules her out either. Height and weight match up. She was last seen in Louisiana, but people move around. She does seem to have similar lips and eyebrows to Jane Doe, although it's hard to tell given the age of her photos and that neither is front facing. I think Lillian's skin tone is too light and her nose is wider, but maybe that's just me?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26050/1

Today marks 47 years since her body was found, but I still have hope that she may be identified.

She should be entered into NAMUS. Since Cheryl McMillan was identified, I hope that this Jane Doe will be identified soon.

She should be entered into NAMUS. Since Cheryl McMillan was identified, I hope that this Jane Doe will be identified soon.

Did you mention this to Roselvr? I couldn't find this UID in NamUs, either.
I think Pricklypear was onto something when they mentioned Lillian Williams. I wonder if this case was submitted? It bears looking into, and I think getting her into NamUs would be a good first step.
The only identifier Lilian has is DNA. The UID biometrics are listed as unknown still in Doenetwork.

I was checking Lilian Williams up and found a potential match. Probably far fetched but maybe worth reporting nonetheless. They seem to have no idea about Lilians heigh, it sais between
Height (inches)60.0 to 70.0
Weight (pounds)90.0 to 200.0

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26050/0/

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16954

The jane doe however was tall for her generation at 5.8 with 230 pounds. I checked this youtube channel for that info called "JANE DOE" however, warning for PM photo on both identifyus and youtube.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Recognizable face, Sadly no photo

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1968-09865
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-40
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight110 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundSeptember 30, 1968
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 19, 2018
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address2356 W 31st StreetLos Angeles, California
CountyLos Angeles County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryOn 09/30/1968 the decedent was discovered in an alley behind 2356 W. 31st St. in Los Angeles. Police were called and she was pronounced dead at the scene. It appears that the decedent was dumped off at this location. Residents living in the area claim that they had seen the decedent previously, but they did not know her name.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scars on right wrist and right forearm

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Green turtleneck sweater, pants, black shoes, black stockings, black panties.
On the Body

Street view, of the alley....
Google Maps

729UFCA
729UFCA - Unidentified Female

729UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction by Carl Koppelman.

Date of Discovery: September 30, 1968
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Recent
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Possible drug overdose

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scars on right wrist and right forearm.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown. Did not have her wisdom teeth, nor any dental fillings.
Fingerprints:Unknown.
DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Green turtleneck sweater, pants, black shoes, black stockings, black panties.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located at approximately 07:05 A.M., behind a residence located at 2356 West 31st Street in Los Angeles. She may have died at another location and been left at the site.

She had been seen at Jefferson and Arlington in Los Angeles, but her identity was not known.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512 or 323-343-0754
Agency E-Mail: dmachian(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 1968-09865

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 17601
Former Hot Case Number: 1154

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Los Angeles County Coroner

Street view

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I honestly believe that this woman was from California. I'm hoping that she still has family and friends alive in the area.

I searched NamUs for missing black women between 1960-1968. There was only one who resembled the UID, although she is too tall (if the information is accurate). Their noses look a little different to me, which could be due to the angle of the post mortem photo, but their overall face shape is the same. She disappeared from Michigan in 1963.

Juliette Delania Walker – The Charley Project

E8E21C2B-41E7-455B-9179-CADA7AA753B9.jpeg4D3444D4-9E52-42B6-BA30-DB7311261003.jpeg8F553E5D-2F65-41B1-8137-3BCA4ADB2397.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back