691 users online (94 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Link to article on Hasanni: http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-08-1...rri-lyn-miller

I have emailed Chip Johnson (SF Gate) with the FB page link to see if he can do any inside followup on who this belongs to and either get a solid lead or have the FB page removed. There is no good email address to the Oakland police or I would have sent it there too - am not going to call cross borders right now even though I am ripping mad.

eleph

Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    Link to article on Hasanni: http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-08-1...rri-lyn-miller

I have emailed Chip Johnson (SF Gate) with the FB page link to see if he can do any inside followup on who this belongs to and either get a solid lead or have the FB page removed. There is no good email address to the Oakland police or I would have sent it there too - am not going to call cross borders right now even though I am ripping mad.

eleph
    Thanks for doing that, elepher. I haven't received a response from the group I emailed yesterday.

I live in the area so I could call the Oakland PD, but I feel sensitive about wasting their time with what is probably a hoax, as sick as it is--on the other hand, maybe they would want to know. I guess it couldn't hurt, although too bad there is no email for them-- it's tediously hard to read a link to anyone over the phone.

I wonder if contacting Sherri-Lyn Miller might be worthwhile?

Edited to add: I just called the OPD homicide division--wasn't sure if that was the right place, but anyway...I left a message since the officer whose extension I dialed was not available.
    Last edited by Columbo; 08-18-2010 at 01:51 PM.

That sick FB page is still there....

Do you guys think I should call FBI?

Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    Do we know for sure the FBI is still on Hasanni's case?

If they are, and you want to drop them an email, I think that would be ok - but likely not really worth calling them for, IMO.

ETA: Yes, I think they still are.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 08-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    If you thought it was a legitimate lead, it would be smart to call them--I fear this is just a stupid, sick hoax (for lack of a better word), though. I agree with WhyADuck?, maybe email them if possible.

It makes us angry to see this vile page, but LE or FBI looking further at it probably isn't going to help solve the case. It's hard to say--it might be worthwhile to find out who is behind such a monstrosity, just in case the person does have a link to Hasanni in some way. He probably is guilty of gross stupidity, and that is all.

I wonder why Facebook doesn't police their own site ?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Bringing this over from #3.
    Bumping for Hassani. Awwwww, what a little sweetheart..

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I eventually did report it, under "promotes violence," under the logic that any site that declares it supports kidnapping is, by default, supporting violence. I am not sure anything will be done, b/c it doesn't seem to violate the rules directly... but, man, it is truly disgusting.
    I'm just seeing this for the first time today. My ex husband used to work with one of the facebook founders and one of the top executives, and as far as I know he is still in close contact with them both. My ex isn't exactly the most cooperative person lol but I will email him right now to ask if he will contact Chris and or Ben to do something about this site.

FWIW I emailed my ex, with the FB link and a short explanation of the situation. He is 9 hours ahead of me (lives in Italy) so I probably won't hear anything from him right away, if at all. I will let you all know if he replies and what he says! That is a disgusting FB page and it just needs to come down ASAP.

Aww thanks R and R. Thanks for looking out for Hasanni.

San Leandro spa hosts benefit to raise money to continue search for Hasanni Campbell

By Kristin Bender
    Oakland Tribune
    Posted: 09/03/2010 04:21:36 PM PDT

SAN LEANDRO -- Elisa Aguilera's daughter was 17 when she was shot to death in December of 2008. The teen's 19-year-old boyfriend was arrested and later convicted of her murder. Last week, Armando Vera was sentenced to 21 years in prison for the slaying of Melissa Lopez, Aguilera said.

The loss of a child to violence is a pain few parents can comprehend. So to honor the memory of her daughter, Aguilera, the owner of Elle Salon and Spa in San Leandro, is hosting a fundraiser Sunday to support the organization working to find Hasanni Campbell -- the Fremont boy who went missing more than a year ago.

Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday, the salon will have raffles, a barbecue, beauty treatments and beauty supplies available for purchase, children's activities and free popcorn. Men's haircuts will be available for $10. The salon is at 197 Pelton Center Way in San Leandro. For more information, call 510-352-7445. Aguilera is donating all proceeds from Sunday to the CFL Society.
    (snipped)

More at:
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_15986844

Thanks Ducky Dude (or Dudette).

I put it up on my facebook. Although I only know one person in CA.

Is there any other way to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post
    Thanks Ducky Dude (or Dudette).

I put it up on my facebook. Although I only know one person in CA.

Is there any other way to contribute?
    The Citizens for the Lost website doesn't have a donation option, and I don't know what other options there are.

If anyone comes across something along these lines, please post.

That is such a sadistic thing to do!

Poor Hassani...where are you little man???

I believe the FBI can find out who posted that with the help of FB founder. So glad you guys are on top of this..how terrible for that person to write such a thing..I hope they find the crud who wrote that...JMHO

Where is Hassani???

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast