1060 users online (233 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Girls Entering Puberty at Younger Ages, Study Suggests

Girls are entering puberty at younger ages now than a couple decades ago, a new study suggests.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...sstudysuggests

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I worry about the growth hormones in the milk, personally.

Hormone laced foods IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Girls are entering puberty at younger ages now than a couple decades ago, a new study suggests.

I read that it is happening to some at 7 Now!!! Holy cow!

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

"They" are doing something to food and drink and it hit me the other day.
    Red Bull. If I have one Red Bull I start to crave them. It's almost like addiction with them!

"They" put hormones in everything that is mass produced, IMO.

I'm never feeling ill after I eat organic from my gardens, eggs from the neighbors farm and meat that is locally raised And local moo juice.

I buy that in a grocery store? I don't feel too well after eating it.
    imo

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

I can't imagine having to start puberty so young. I read years ago that bigger girls tend to start young, so when my girls were born I made a point to make sure they had a healthy diet and got plenty of exercise. I always struggled with my weight, and I didn't want them to not only have the same problems, but maybe have to deal with puberty early because of extra weight.

I also steered clear of hormone-laced milk, although I've heard recently that it is a myth that those growth hormones have anything at all to do with early puberty. Still, I do make sure our milk has no growth hormones.

Oh, and by the way, the girls are now 19 and 14; both are healthy weights and started puberty at around age 12. But I also wonder how much of it is genetic.

Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    "They" are doing something to food and drink and it hit me the other day.
    Red Bull. If I have one Red Bull I start to crave them. It's almost like addiction with them!

"They" put hormones in everything that is mass produced, IMO.

I'm never feeling ill after I eat organic from my gardens, eggs from the neighbors farm and meat that is locally raised And local moo juice.

I buy that in a grocery store? I don't feel too well after eating it.
    imo
    You are absolutely right!. "They" are poisoning our food if ya ask me! I recently started the HCG diet (Dr. Simmons) I've been eating nothing but locally grown & raised and wild caught sea food. Since I am the one that shops for food...my family is also eating it. ....... The rest of my family also has benefited greatly, even my 12 year old son feels a difference.

Now ALL of my stats...from hormones, cholesterol, blood pressure is PERFECT. I am eating more now than I ever did and I'm losing weight like you wouldn't believe. I feel absolutely amazing.

and don't even get me started on ...high fructose corn syrup!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    Hormone laced foods IMO
    I am not a scientist and I have absolutely no proof, so I can't even call mine an "opinion." But I suspect you are right...

I thought 9 was young when I started and I grew to a tall ht. of ALMOST
    5 FEET..

I too believe it has to do with our environment and all the hormones we have put into our food.

For years too I only ate organics but now I cannot afford the luxury. I did feel much more healthy. I do suggest most try to eat some on a weekly basis. Funny, I majored in traditional dietetics in college and they do not center too much on organic foods but more on the four basic food groups and back then considered those who hate organics flaky.....

Goz

Potentially TMI:
    I entered puberty at 8 almost 31 years ago and grew to be 5'6 by fourth grade (also my current height). The interesting thing in my mind is that I'm half-hippie/half-redneck, so I had only homegrown food prior to starting school and then I couldn't eat the cafeteria food due to allergies to preservatives. We had our own dairy goats, beef, and bartered for eggs, chicken, and ham from other hippie/redneck families. We grew everything else (even peanuts, 'cause Daddy loved 'em). In my case, it was simply genetic.
    MOO

Quick question...

Please define entering puberty.

Are we talking stinky pits? hair? Or are we strictly talking menstruation for girls and ? for boys?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Hormone-laced food additives - particularly soy which contains estrogen - is likely responsible. Soy protein is added to many foods, many of which most people might not even realize. In addition to the onset of puberty at a young age, ever noticed how many men have "moobs" (man-b**bs)? jmo

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Quick question...

Please define entering puberty.

Are we talking stinky pits? hair? Or are we strictly talking menstruation for girls and ? for boys?
    What is puberty?

Puberty is the time at which a growing boy or girl begins the process of sexual maturation. Puberty involves a series of physical stages or steps that lead to the achievement of fertility and the development of the so-called secondary sex characteristics, the physical features associated with adult males and females (such as the growth of pubic hair). While puberty involves a series of biological, or physical, transformations, the process can also have an effect on the psychosocial and emotional development of the adolescent.

http://www.medicinenet.com/puberty/article.htm

From the OP link:

However, though girls seem to be starting puberty earlier, the age of their first period hasn't changed as much over the past 40 years. Perhaps, Kaplowitz speculates, the girls who are showing an earlier puberty onset are not developing as fast after that, taking longer to reach menarche.

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    Hormone laced foods IMO
    ...And all the estrogen in plasticware.