SAR searches for cell phone

All they need is the number, they don't need the phone itself to get the records. Unless the friends are so hard LE can't break them and they haven't given up the number...which I find hard to believe, they are searching for more than phones. Now the photos I'm not sure about...but I really doubt she would have taken photos.

thanks Kat, I saw that--added a msg. on that thread. I know some don't believe that is what SAR is looking for, it has been reported now in MSM. I just don't know what could be found on a disposable cell phone. What would be on the SIM card? Assuming that was the technology on the cell phone. I have Verizon and mine does not have a SIM card.

Citi, good point on the variability of SIM card use.

I just don't believe that all those resources, including the dogs, were deployed for one cell phone. Color me cynical about that.

My question is why would someone dispose of a phone this way? The phone itself might not be able to reveal any more than what is obtainable through the carrier. But the method of disposal screams of someone (who doesn't understand how cell phones work) who thinks they are getting rid of evidence. Suspicious behavior for sure.

ITA Suzi, why not just dump it in a dumpster? I think whoever did this had to be smart or they would have been arrested by now, dumping a phone in the woods just does not fit. I'm sure there are phones, I just think the search is for something more. Unless of course you dump the phone while your dumping something else and that's what they are looking for but phone sounds better......IDK, lol.

Whoops, I just posted this on the other thread.

I may be wrong, but if they know the cell phone number, I believe LE can subpoena the carrier's records and it would indicate the numbers called from that number and the time of day and tower it pinged from. And since they were apparently calling one another, I'm guessing they have the number of the missing cell. If so, they don't need the cell to get that info. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Surely they don't think Terri beat Kyron to death with a cell phone? Took other/more pics of him on June 4 prior to whatever happened and they would be stored on the cell?

I just can't think of what could physically be on a phone to warrant sending out the searchers. It makes no sense to me.

ETA: Oh! This is from Unnamed Sources. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Here's the full sentence, only part of which is given in the OP:

Investigators will only say they are looking for "forensic evidence," but other sources say the search is for one or more disposable cell phones which Kyron's stepmother and her friend bought under false names.

billylee just brought up a good point on the search thread about getting the phone numbers/pings etc of the phones... and I was thinking... wow.. the friends just testified on friday and all the phone info came into the msm reports and bingo saturday morning they are out searching again.

also does anyone know if dds testified on friday? because one fox reporter is saying that she did! (media thread foxinsider link)

Maybe they have a message and want fingerprints from the phone to show who used the phone?

Whoa. Did you guys read on today's current news it is said these phones were bought on the DAY Kyron disappeared?

I always thought it was after, when she wanted her privacy. If they were bought on the day he disappeared that is hugely incriminating to me.

Whoa. Did you guys read on today's current news it is said these phones were bought on the DAY Kyron disappeared?

I always thought it was after, when she wanted her privacy. If they were bought on the day he disappeared that is hugely incriminating to me.

WTH???? You need to update us with the link for this. If this is true, this is incriminating evidence for sure.

Here's the link:

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2010/08/09/police-bump-up-search-for-kyron-horman/

But, Spicher told a Grand Jury on Friday that she, another girlfriend and Kyron’s stepmom, Terri Horman, each bought an untraceable cell phone the day the little boy vanished. The cops wouldn’t tell me if they’re looking for those phones in the big renewed search. This case is intense. Where is that child?!

WTH???? You need to update us with the link for this. If this is true, this is incriminating evidence for sure.

Thanks BeanE and Billy Lee. Sorry guys, I always link but I thought since it was already linked on today's current news it would be ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back