900 users online (120 members and 780 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Jury selection underway in Cesar Laurean murder trial

GOLDSBORO, N.C. -- Jury selection has wrapped up on the second day of the Cesar Laurean murder trial. On Monday, attorney's for both sides said it would be difficult to find a juror who had not heard about Laurean or the woman he is accused of killing, Maria Lauterbach.
    On Tuesday, questions for potential jurors focused heavily on media coverage and that's because when this case first broke in 2007, it gained local and national attention. The trial was moved from Onslow County to Wayne County to ensure Laurean gets a fair trial. But attorney's from both sides say just knowing about the case isn't enough to keep someone out of the jury box.
    "We are pleasantly surprised with the questions that went on this morning. I was anticipating there would be more jurors that had formed an opinion," said Dewey Hudson, Onslow County District Attorney.
    "I think it's progressing,” said Dick McNeil, Laurean’s attorney. “It's not surprising that quite a few people here haven't heard about it as much as they would have in Onslow County."

more at http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/aug/1...-tr-ar-328376/
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Judge ruled witnesses sequestered

(excerpt)

"The defendant’s wife, Christina Laurean, is last on a list of 128 witnesses made public by prosecutors Monday morning. McNeil said he has a witness list of 20 or so names. He has filed the list with the court, but it has not yet been added to the public file.

McNeil has filed an unanswered motion seeking spousal privilege in the case, meaning the state would be unable to compel Christina Laurean to testify about private conversations she had with her husband.

The state has subpoenaed around two dozen Marines who knew either Cesar Laurean or Maria Lauterbach or both. Marine Sgt. Daniel Durham let Lauterbach move in with him into his Hunter’s Creek home after she said she was harassed aboard Camp Lejeune in the fall of 2007. He is expected to testify about a note Lauterbach left behind when she disappeared in December 2007. His girlfriend Jennifer Perry is also named on the witness list.

Another Marine, Cpl. Dennis Ward, is set to testify about handing over to authorities a crowbar he says Laurean gave to him to keep in December 2007. Authorities believe the crowbar is the murder weapon and have run DNA tests on the tool.

Ward is the person shown on Lowe’s Home Improvement surveillance video from Dec. 24, 2007, shopping with Laurean for cinderblocks, paint and a wheel barrel."

article at http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laure...day-cesar.html
    Rest in Peace

Thanks for the new thread. I am so glad the trial is finally here. May justice be done. Gosh darn it I will be away all next week with my adorable hubby on our anniversary vacation.

While some seem to think he killed Maria because he thought the baby was his, I think the opposite was his motive.

I think once she came there they got into a highly accusatory argument about Maria accusing him of raping her and him being the father of her baby.

In Cesar's mind, imo, he thought she already HAD damaged his career and marriage.

I have always felt that this case was a crime of passion. Tension building up for many many months where it wouldn't take but a tiny spark to ignite the explosion.

Imo, someone said something to fuel the flames, then the other one said something, and everything escalated into raw rage.

IMO and speculation.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Hey Ocean, great post. It's good to see you here.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

It's heartbreaking what he did to her body.........and the babies.
    I'll never forget the roasting hot dog part!
    IMO, wife KNEW!
    A husband ardly ever VOLUNTEERS to do so much painting etc.
    Building a fire pit.....busy man........no help??? JMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

NO way he was able to accomplish all that "remodeling" without the wifey knowing it. I don't understand why she hasn't had some charges against her. IMO she's knew and helped cover all this up.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.

Locals, I was browsing around looking for more updates and just now realized the Goldsboro News Argus now charges for their on line info?? WTH is up with that??

Seems they were losing piles of money because everyone was reading on-line
    and not actually buying the paper. It happened in the town where my daughter goes to college too, also in NC.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Citizen reporter' ejected from Laurean trial

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laure...-reporter.html

Looks like the jury is seated. Now let's get on with it!!!

Laurean Jury Final

http://www.wcti12.com/News12.asp

Jury set for Cesar Laurean murder trial

(video news report)

7 women, 5 men comprise the jury

10 white, 2 black; 2 are former Marines

3 alternates

Opening statements tomorrow morning

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/aug/1...-tr-ar-329473/
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Girl View Post
    NO way he was able to accomplish all that "remodeling" without the wifey knowing it. I don't understand why she hasn't had some charges against her. IMO she's knew and helped cover all this up.
    IIRC, she also gave him something like a 4 hour head start getting out of town. I've always believed she knew what happened and that Maria was in the back yard, however the DA's office disagrees, so it's just my opinion. I also wonder if she's remained married to him to assert spousal privilege during the trial. MOO
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    IIRC, she also gave him something like a 4 hour head start getting out of town. I've always believed she knew what happened and that Maria was in the back yard, however the DA's office disagrees, so it's just my opinion. I also wonder if she's remained married to him to assert spousal privilege during the trial. MOO
    I will always feel she knew. She is supposed to have found Maria's wallet in her home yet she said she didn't know who it belonged to? Seriously, what wife finds a wallet in their home and doesn't look through it to find out who it belongs to?

I think Dewey covered her butt because he needed the letter that Laurean left for her. If she is not guilty of the actual crime itself IMO she is guilty of covering up for a fugitive and giving him a 4 hour leeway in order to escape prosecution. And she would have never told anyone she was talking with him via the internet, the entire time he had been on the lam, if it wasnt for the FBI confiscating her sister's computer.

Who is carrying the trial live? TIA

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Jury set for Cesar Laurean murder trial

(video news report)

7 women, 5 men comprise the jury

10 white, 2 black; 2 are former Marines

3 alternates

Opening statements tomorrow morning

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/aug/1...-tr-ar-329473/
    I wonder why there isnt any hispanics on the jury. There are a lot of hispanics in that area.

IMO

I wonder if she got immunity of some kind for testifying on him at trial???
    IF not she should be charged with aiding him on escape!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast