Jet Blue Airline Steward Goes Bonkers!!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has worked with the public feels this guys pain I'm sure.

Link

Air steward storms off plane on emergency slide
An airline flight attendant who swore at an unruly passenger before storming out of his plane via the emergency inflatable slide has been arrested in New York.
By Robert Winnett
Published: 12:33AM BST 10 Aug 2010

...He grabbed the intercom and said: "To the passenger who called be a mother ------, ---- you.

"I've been in the business 28 years. I've had it. That's it."

Mr Slater then activated the emergency exit and slid down the inflatable slide on to the tarmac.

He then boarded a train to the terminal, stripping off his tie and discarding it to the astonishment of bemused onlookers....

It would have only been better if he punched him in the head too.

Anyone who has worked with the public feels this guys pain I'm sure.

Link

Air steward storms off plane on emergency slide
An airline flight attendant who swore at an unruly passenger before storming out of his plane via the emergency inflatable slide has been arrested in New York.
By Robert Winnett
Published: 12:33AM BST 10 Aug 2010

...He grabbed the intercom and said: "To the passenger who called be a mother ------, ---- you.

"I've been in the business 28 years. I've had it. That's it."

Mr Slater then activated the emergency exit and slid down the inflatable slide on to the tarmac.

He then boarded a train to the terminal, stripping off his tie and discarding it to the astonishment of bemused onlookers....

It would have only been better if he punched him in the head too.

:DThat is some funny stuff. O.K. it's not funny to the poor steward.

He had it. Got his nerve stressed. The dude worked his last nerve. That's all he wrote. End of story. He's about done.

I just saw this on Fox's site... seems before he hit that slide, he grabbed a beer first. LoL

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/0...ed-arguing-ny-passenger-using-emergency-exit/

I feel for the man, because some people can be rude as all get out, but losing his shiz like that, grabbing a beer and then dramatically exiting the plane via the slide sounds like some kind of Monty Python bizarro skit. LoL

I woulda grabbed a six pack...but that's just me LOL Funny story! :woohoo:

28 years in the business?

so he started when he was 11?

ummm ...

I do feel his pain though. Daily.

Although I don't really take any chit. I've told people to stop being rude to me and various other things. Hey, the customer ain't always right. :snooty:

The funniest part is he grabbed the intercom. I'd have loved to be on that flight and hear the guy say "To the passanger that called me a mother ******! **** you".

Then ya see the dude grab the beer and execute his big slide.

That's like out of a movie.

No more saying "Going Postal" for me. I'm saying "Going Flight Attendant".

Neighbors described Slater as a nice guy, but said he was under some stress. "Steven's mother is dying," said Judy Rochelle, whose son Kenny lives with Slater. "She has lung cancer. She's had two chemos and the prognosis is not good. They were on their way out to California this weekend to settle her affairs."

Rochelle added that Slater "watched his father die of Lou Gehrig's disease not long ago. Steven's under a lot of pressure."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ntercom_fbomb_bolts_down_e.html#ixzz0wC17Vq3F

I hate people who think the rules don't apply to them, that somehow they are more special than anyone else. I'd bet if you told that guy about the problems the FA was going through he'd make some sort of lame apology starting or ending with I'm sorry I didn't know. Well newsflash fella, If you treat everyone with respect that will never become a problem.

Somebody I know once said; I have no problem being rude to people I'll never see again. BTW, he considers himself a Christian. :rolleyes:

i wish i had an emergency inflatable slide to make my exit on when i finally loose it at work!

i wish i had an emergency inflatable slide to make my exit on when i finally loose it at work!

Bring a slip-n-slide to work and unroll it down the steps! :thumb:

banzai-skimboard.jpg

With a loud "UP YOURS YOU BASTIDS!!!" slide down the steps to freedom.

Link

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials. Police sources said that when authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations. :sick:

That's more info than I need.

Link

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials. Police sources said that when authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations. :sick:

wth? huh?

eta: yuck...

Link

He was celebrating!! Lol.

how would they know that unless they entered his home without his permission? unless ... oh nm ... it really is TMI

how would they know that unless they entered his home without his permission? unless ... oh nm ... it really is TMI

If they had a warrant for his arrest then I presume they don't need his permission to enter his home.

They have absolutely no reason or right to report that he was engaged in sexual activity. Forchrissake!!

Personally, I think that's part of an underlying gay slur going on. A little--ha, ha--"in joke" about the whole thing, at the guy's expense. And at the expense of the gay community, even if he himself isn't gay. Check out the comments on some of the news outlets. It's disgusting, and why go into that??

In my opinion, his sexuality does not need to come into it anywhere, including w.r.t. his lawful activities at the time of arrest, and I mean whether he be gay or straight.

:crazy: Hey he was stressed..I do understand how being engaged in intimate activties might help take off the edge. Heck toss a beer and slippery slide out of your workplace from he** while telling someone off via witnesses and It does all make sense.

Sorta.

Hit The Slide

A new way to describe the spetacular way you leave your job. LOL.

I LOVE IT.

bring a slip-n-slide to work and unroll it down the steps! :thumb:

banzai-skimboard.jpg

with a loud "up yours you bastids!!!" slide down the steps to freedom.

hit the slide lol!!!!!!​

They have absolutely no reason or right to report that he was engaged in sexual activity. Forchrissake!!

Personally, I think that's part of an underlying gay slur going on. A little--ha, ha--"in joke" about the whole thing, at the guy's expense. And at the expense of the gay community, even if he himself isn't gay. Check out the comments on some of the news outlets. It's disgusting, and why go into that??

In my opinion, his sexuality does not need to come into it anywhere, including w.r.t. his lawful activities at the time of arrest, and I mean whether he be gay or straight.

I'm not sure about that. If he were hetero I think it would still be considered comical in the light of the rest of the story. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back