GUILTY OR - Dani Countryman, 15, found strangled, Milwaukie, 28 July 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
This happened while the two cousins tried to sexually assult Dani.

Police: Killer stepped on girl's throat

08:38 AM PDT on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

By DAVID KROUGH / KGW.com, Associated Press and The Dallas Morning News

MILWAUKIE, Ore. - Investigators believe a 15-year-old girl found murdered at a Milwaukie apartment died when a man stepped on her throat, pushing so hard she couldn't breathe.

Police said Dani Countryman, a Texas girl visiting her sister in Oregon, tried to fight off her attackers before she died. Medical examiners ruled that it was murder by strangulation.

Clackamas County investigators said the victim scratched the men who killed her, providing valuable DNA evidence that led to two arrests, according to the Dallas Morning News.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/oregon/stories/NW_080807ORN_countryman_murder_arrest_LJ.140a1ace.html

RIP child. Just burns me I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel. This child should be alive.

Poor girl! It says she came from a troubled home and struggled with drugs, how sad that she led a tragic life to the end. I'm glad this young girl fought and her fighting led to the arrest of these two monsters! How sad for her and what she must have gone through!

Someone please explain to me why this girl was sleeping in a different apartment from the sister? Who's party was this? and if she put up a fight like it sounds she did why didnt the family sleeping there her something? They must have unless they were comatose from drugs or alcohol. What relation were these guys to the party host and to the family where she was sleeping? As usual I have a multitude of questions..what a tragedy. This was a beautiful girl.. she should never ave been there or put in a position where these losers could assault her or kill her. But its obviously a crime of opportunity.. they see her at the party figure she and everyone else is drun k or high.. maybe she wont remember or shes too drunk to do anything about it .. no one else will here since the too are imparied or out cold..such a darn shame..freaking drugs they just destry so many lives trhu one means or another.

I have a lot of questions too, Opme. We will probably hear more on this one before trial.

I totally agree with you, drugs (and I would add alcohol) destroy many lives.

I will try and find the links that I read yesterday about this. The older sister had went upstairs with her boyfriend to his apartment to sleep. She had left her younger sister downstairs at the party. Someone saw two men slipping back inside carrying a body. They must have killed the sweet little girl outside, then slipped her back in and covered her up with a blanket.

Ok, I remember where I was reading it. At crimeblog.us, the story is the second column. Such a sad, sad story. :(

This just makes me sick at heart and body.

She deserved better than everything she ever got in life.

The two also faced an immigration hearing after the murder investigation was complete.

What a senseless crime. I sense a trend after reading the above facts. grrrrrrr

I will try and find the links that I read yesterday about this. The older sister had went upstairs with her boyfriend to his apartment to sleep. She had left her younger sister downstairs at the party. Someone saw two men slipping back inside carrying a body. They must have killed the sweet little girl outside, then slipped her back in and covered her up with a blanket.

Ok, I remember where I was reading it. At crimeblog.us, the story is the second column. Such a sad, sad story. :(

Thanks for the information. Here's a link:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=521

If that was my little sister, there is no way in H@ll i would have let her stay in a different apartment. Her sister should have brought her with her to her boyfriend's also. Such a tragedy that could have been avoided..

By the sounds of it this was just a bunch of people who lived in the apt complex getting together to watch movies. It doesn't mention alcohol or drugs but that doesn't mean there weren't any of course. It doesn't sound like a wild party though.

Those two guys must have caught Dani outside on the balcony or somehow got her out there. She was such a cutie and they probably decided to have sex with her and she didn't buy it. I wonder why the neighbor that heard the guys yelling and saw them carrying a person into the apt didn't call 911? That is the responsible thing to do when you see that something isn't right.
I know I would have been on the phone if I saw something like that!

It sounds like Dani had been staying at her Grama's place and her sister just invited her over for the party that last night of her visit. Poor little girl. I don't know why her sister couldn't have stayed in her own apt with Dani that last night or did she live with her boyfriend? Either way Dani shouldn't have been left there by herself. I'm sure that the sister will live with a ton of guilt for the rest of her life. I know I sure would be eaten alive with it.

CLACKAMAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ARRESTS TWO IN DANI COUNTRYMAN MURDER CASE

Posted: August 6th, 2007 7:44 PM

Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
Office of Public Information
12700 SE 82nd Avenue, Clackamas, Oregon 97015
For Immediate Release

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit announces the arrest of two persons believed responsible for the strangulation murder of 15 year-old Dani Jen'e Countryman.

Dani's body was discovered by her sister, Ashley Countryman, in an apartment on Saturday morning, July 28th in Milwaukie.

These two suspects in custody are identified as:

Alejandro Emeterio "Alex" Rivera Gamboa (born March 1983) -- who has been in the custody at Clackamas County Jail since he was first arrested on the scene last Saturday, when he was contacted by investigators during the initial phase of this murder investigation. This subject initially possessed a probation violation warrant for driving under the influence; he is now lodged on an additional charge of Aggravated Murder.

Gilberto Javier "Gabe" Rivera Gamboa (born July 1984) was employed as a landscaper, and was arrested late this afternoon by members of the Clackamas County Major Crimes Unit. This arrest occurred without incident as he returned to his residence in the Balboa Apartments on SE Courtney, in Milwaukie. This subject has now been lodged in Clackamas County Jail on an Aggravated Murder charge.

The two subjects in custody for Aggravated Murder are reportedly cousins.
BBM
http://web4.co.clackamas.or.us/mrm/3052.html

On 7/8/2009, Alejandro was sentenced to LWOP and is housed at the Two Rivers Correctional Institute.

I can find no sentencing or incarceration information on Gilberto.

According to Alejandro's criminal record, his sentence is Life, open-ended. All parole dates are empty. This is usually indicative of LWOP.

"Both are in the country illegally and will be deported to Mexico after they have served their sentences." - WOW! :furious:

Pretty, pretty girl. How awful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back