Page 80 of 156 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2337
  1. #1186
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16,358
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

    Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez...
    Have I told you today that I love you? What a day!!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lisa%20tackett


    The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.



    All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:


  3. #1187
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16,358
    Quote Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
    The posters at hm are convinced that they will try and have JP removed from the case. I agree.
    Not a snowball's chance in Hell.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lisa%20tackett


    The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.



    All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.


  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:


  5. #1188
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

    Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez...
    Whine undoubtedly! Then a repeat:

    In the first trial he "won" Nilton Diaz was accused of killing his gf's 2 yr old daughter...

    In his closing remarks, Diaz's lawyer, Jose Baez, attacked prosecutors, sheriff's Detective Dan Conlee, the state's medical experts and the child's mother, suggesting they all distorted the truth in their pursuit of Diaz, the lone suspect in the toddler's death.

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ad-mother-baez

    This trial gave Baez a taste of fame; Noeris was the granddaughter of former world-champion boxer Wilfredo Vazquez of Puerto Rico. IMO JB has been chasing this rainbow since day one!


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  7. #1189
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    An interesting article about the WARD case involving Prosecutor Lewis. It is about disclosing the defendants current financial information which the defense believes is confidential and exempt from public disclosure.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...fense-attorney
    That's an interesting article - but I'm a little fuzzy on how this information could be helpful to ICA because she declared herself indigent and Baez has not shown anyone except Judge Strickland how he used any monies he collected for ICA's defense.

    Can you help me out here? Clearly this whole thing has


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

    pip

  9. #1190
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
    The posters at hm are convinced that they will try and have JP removed from the case. I agree.
    They all but can't. They wasted their freebie with HHJS. The system is weighted to pretty much not allow a second shot at forcing a judicial recussal. In order to get rid of HHJP, HHJP has to A. Agree to it. B. Suggest it himself. Nothing else will fly. I think even taking it to a higher court or review has to go through the trial judge, once that first freebie has been used up.

    Does anyone see HHJP recusing himself because he has a bias against lousy lawyering? Does anyone see any judge doing so? Heck isn't having a bias against lousy lawyering pretty much the core of a judges pervue and job description?

    CM and JB really destroyed themselves when they forced HHJS's out. It is a defense tactical error that will be taught in law schools for years to come. "See THIS is why you don't challenge the judge lightly or play roulette with the judicial selection!". (Well CM wanted to use this case to put himself into the legal history books. It looks like he did it. Funny how that works out, eh?)


  10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:


  11. #1191
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    An interesting article about the WARD case involving Prosecutor Lewis. It is about disclosing the defendants current financial information which the defense believes is confidential and exempt from public disclosure.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...fense-attorney
    I think the key diference there is that that concerns the defendants personal finances. All that privacy goes out the window when a defendant files for indigency. I believe I remember HHJS making that absolutely clear way back when that request was granted.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:


  13. #1192
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

    Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez...
    I could write an interesting and informed post about this but....denied pretty much says it all, I'm chortling gleefully while typing....BOOYAH!!!!!!


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scamperoo For This Useful Post:


  15. #1193
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    They all but can't. They wasted their freebie with HHJS. The system is weighted to pretty much not allow a second shot at forcing a judicial recussal. In order to get rid of HHJP, HHJP has to A. Agree to it. B. Suggest it himself. Nothing else will fly. I think even taking it to a higher court or review has to go through the trial judge, once that first freebie has been used up.

    Does anyone see HHJP recusing himself because he has a bias against lousy lawyering? Does anyone see any judge doing so? Heck isn't having a bias against lousy lawyering pretty much the core of a judges pervue and job description?

    CM and JB really destroyed themselves when they forced HHJS's out. It is a defense tactical error that will be taught in law schools for years to come. "See THIS is why you don't challenge the judge lightly or play roulette with the judicial selection!". (Well CM wanted to use this case to put himself into the legal history books. It looks like he did it. Funny how that works out, eh?)



    Flushie, flushie....


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  17. #1194
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    That's an interesting article - but I'm a little fuzzy on how this information could be helpful to ICA because she declared herself indigent and Baez has not shown anyone except Judge Strickland how he used any monies he collected for ICA's defense.

    Can you help me out here? Clearly this whole thing has
    Yeah, I know. I Completely confused issues/players... deleted my post, as not to further confuse everyone else too. Sorry!

    Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction
    .

    "Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

    RIP Caylee Marie


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:


  19. #1195
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamperoo View Post
    I could write an interesting and informed post about this but....denied pretty much says it all, I'm chortling gleefully while typing....BOOYAH!!!!!!

    I love your new smiley......where do you get these little guys....


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  21. #1196
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
    The posters at hm are convinced that they will try and have JP removed from the case. I agree.
    They may try but they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from his high profile case and unpeel his fat little fingers from every door jamb on the way out.

    I don't think it very likely, with all that's been invested in the case so far, that they will replace him, it may be too late.
    I think after the trial is over he will be facing some repercussions that could be career ending. IMHO


  22. #1197
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I love your new smiley......where do you get these little guys....
    Scamperoo has one of the best - it is a little non-smiley banging away on an ignore button looking extremely grumpy - I that one and would love to have it in the WS collection.


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  24. #1198
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I love your new smiley......where do you get these little guys....

    I am a collector http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ2QQtppZZ24


  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scamperoo For This Useful Post:


  26. #1199
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamperoo View Post
    They may try but they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from his high profile case and unpeel his fat little fingers from every door jamb on the way out.

    I don't think it very likely, with all that's been invested in the case so far, that they will replace him, it may be too late.
    I think after the trial is over he will be facing some repercussions that could be career ending. IMHO
    I think you are describing JB, but the post said JP [judge Perry]

    But your description for JB Is totally accurate.


  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  28. #1200
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    If the DT does go with "Accident + Disassociation Caused by Familial Abuse" and they try to convince a jury that any such accident was no fault of Casey's - here is something I think they are going to have a hard time explaining away...

    We knew already about Cindy possibly seeking custody of Caylee from several sources, but now we have it from the mouth of the Mother of the Year herself. She told Sgt. Hosey that her mother was trying to gain custody, and that Caylee was just fine, this whole thing was just a domestic dispute, blah, blah, blah. Oooookkkkaaaayyy. So we have an unfit, pathological lying thief and mooch who was responsible for a 2 year old, and who spent most of the time in her days on the phone/texting/myspace/internet surfing. And they expect us to just accept that whatever accident befell Caylee had NOTHING to do with her lack of vigilance??

    Really???


  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TallyHo For This Useful Post:


Page 80 of 156 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Access to Casey's Car - Defense Strategy?
    By dreamerlin in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 02:09 AM
  2. Defense What is their strategy? #1
    By FIND'HER in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 676
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •