Page 82 of 156 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2337
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I don't believe at all that KC has PTSD. I fully believe she is a sociopath.
    So do I. But we won't be on that jury listening to learned doctors telling us that Kc has PTSD and using exerpts from other people's depos to back it up.
    JMO

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Thank you, Painter. Thie problem is there will be rebuttal.

In a NY minute, the SA would put on a Psychiatrist stating she did not have PTSD after the killing and furthermore she does not have it now. IF they do find her to have it presently, they can attribute it the murder/incarceration. He is walking a slippery slope trying to explain her 31 days of hiding an "Accident".
    How do you prove that someone does not have PTSD?

If the DT can make this fly, the jail tapes, KC's statements to LE, Dr Vass's tests, even the dogs will all be moot. The DT will deny none of it...they will let the Dr's explain it away.
    JMO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    So do I. But we won't be on that jury listening to learned doctors telling us that Kc has PTSD and using exerpts from other people's depos to back it up.
    Thanks for your summary upthread Paintr. So are you thinking it was watching Caylee die or seeing her dead will be the basis of the PSTD argument?

Cause the way you have explained it - it makes sense the defense would certainly try it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Casey Anthony is unique. She obviously is personality-disordered. This doesn't rise to the level of Axis I and is no excuse for the crime. The crime itself will take precedence over any of the excuses for her behavior afterward.

Bottom Line is she murdered her child. They cannot explain it and they should plea.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

If the DT can make this fly, the jail tapes, KC's statements to LE, Dr Vass's tests, even the dogs will all be moot. The DT will deny none of it...they will let the Dr's explain it away.
    PTSD has symptoms but those symptoms also fall into many other catagories. Any Psych they put on trial will be countered w/another psych who disagrees. It is a Subjective Diagnosis.

You mentioned depos Painter..Were they board-certified Psychs? I have not followed the case; simply dropping in here.

Casey Anthony is unique. She obviously is personality-disordered. This doesn't rise to the level of Axis I and is no excuse for the crime. The crime itself will take precedence over any of the excuses for her behavior afterward.

Bottom Line is she murdered her child. They cannot explain it and they should plea.
    But they claim that KC is INNOCENT. There was no crime, as far as KC is concerned. She did nothing to harm Caylee. That is their bottom line...therefore no plea.
    JMO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

But they claim that KC is INNOCENT. There was no crime, as far as KC is concerned. She did nothing to harm Caylee. That is their bottom line...therefore no plea.
    OMG! That is their Bottom Line?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

I can hear the defense now. Someone (NOT KC) baked her brownies that were laced with Marijuana. KC fell asleep while little Caylee got up and went to the kitchen. (Remember CA said she wakes up and knows how to grab something to eat and put a video in?) So she wakes up and sees the brownies. Obviously eats so many and gets sick/overdoses (is that even possible?) etc...or maybe KC was the one with the brownies and falls asleep while Caylee ends up in the pool. In any event, KC wakes up to find Caylee not breathing. She flips out and is so scared of her mom that she takes Caylee and flees. The loss of her daughter and not being able to tell anyone causes some kind of psychiatric mental break. Blah..Blah.

In the end I think the DT is hoping she will be convicted on involuntary manslauter of child neglect. I think they have convinced KC that she will get a few years and by the time the case is decided will receive time served. I think that is why she is handling being locked up as well as she is, knowing that she will be able to walk out of the court room with a lesser charge.

I don't think the Jury will buy it. I think mental illness is hard to prove especially watching the videos and watching her in court. But then again, maybe that is why the defense is keeping her busy and why she is not showing emotion in court. Maybe that is part of the "mental illness" that she can't show emotion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gamom For This Useful Post:

PTSD has symptoms but those symptoms also fall into many other catagories. Any Psych they put on trial will be countered w/another psych who disagrees. It is a Subjective Diagnosis.

You mentioned depos Painter..Were they board-certified Psychs? I have not followed the case; simply dropping in here.
    I meant that the DT will 'cherry pick' comments from a variety of testimony ( friends, family, boyfriends) to underline behaviour in KC that coincides with the symptoms the Dr have stated,
    JMO

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

pip

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    No cause of death other than homicide.

She will say accident. MD's will explain the rest of the post-accident behavior away with PTSD.
    Yes I put her in the trunk, Yes I kept her there, Yes I put duct tape and a heart sticker on her, Yes I put her in the woods.

How to prove it was homicide? Only way I know of is the Chloroform and hoping by watching the videos of jail visits and hearing her statements, the jury will see thru her BS.

Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

Bottom Line = Casey murdered her child and disposed of her. Evidence screams this. Casey will take this all the way; that is her profile but it is such a waste of time and money.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I don't believe at all that KC has PTSD. I fully believe she is a sociopath.
    I fully agree. But I don't think being a sociopath is a very good defense.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering if the SA can show there really wasn't much of a change in her behavior once Caylee was dead except that she no longer had to go back to the Anthony home to care for her child. Did her behavior change after the fact? I thought it was pretty much the same.....

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I fully agree. But I don't think being a sociopath is a very good defense.
    Ha ha.. ya, i'd have to agree..

Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

This is not a trial for an accidental or negligent homicide. There will be no accident at the trial. She has had three years to claim an accident. She is on trial for 1st Degree Murder, no?

AFAIK, they can't go there now. The State will present their case. Defense must show it was an accident if that is what they are claiming. If they had proof of an accident, they should have saved Casey from life in prison three years ago.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Page 82 of 156 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast