Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2337
    I am starting to get very fast heartbeats reading this new possibility. Must do deep breathing and reassure myself that whenever JB and the DT come up with something they think is a slam dunk - the SA comes in and quietly and thoroughly step by step demolishes them.

I'm also asking myself - why would it be any different now. Surely LDB and JA have anticipated this one.

More deep breathing.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I have been waiting for some surprise move from the DT. I never did buy into CM's 'I'm old, hard of hearing, confused' act. I always thought he sat back in the first days this case hit the media, watched closely, and came up with a clever idea or two. Then he joined in. He loves finding the loopholes in cases. It's his idea of 'fun'. Maybe that is why cM seemed to be so disinterested in court proceedings. Maybe that is why he is ok with letting JB be lead lawyer. None of this matters ( Dr Vass, jail tapes, LE interviews) if the Drs can explain it away. The DT had this 'bombshell' hidden in their pocket for the future.
    JMO

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    I am starting to get very fast heartbeats reading this new possibility. Must do deep breathing and reassure myself that whenever JB and the DT come up with something they think is a slam dunk - the SA comes in and quietly and thoroughly step by step demolishes them.

I'm also asking myself - why would it be any different now. Surely LDB and JA have anticipated this one.

More deep breathing.
    The SA looked surprised in court when Anne F slipped that in.

O/T Good morning, logic!
    JMO

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Yikes, you have come with a whole new scenario - just bizarre enough for the DT to consider it. My head had not gone to the additional rape theory at all.
    Hmmm - very interesting! That would get GA out of wrongly admitting to the abuse charges, lets CA off the abusive mother theories, and perhaps in the eyes of the DT, explain way too much.

I am not liking this at all.
    Let's just hope that LE knows who the father is.

Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

PIP, I still think it is a slam dunk! How much information did it take for you to determine you thought she was guilty? These folks that will be on the jury will be just like us here, and for me there were only a few indications in the beginning and I KNEW she was guilty. As ordinary citizens I think we are aware of the lengths defense attorneys will go to to get a client off, think of how popular all the John Grisham books and movies are... the Erin Brokovitch stories etc. I think all of the forensic evidence is icing on the cake. Many of us know someone who has had trauma (if not personal experience), rape, molestation, military vets etc. and we know these people do not go out and murder their children because of the stress, or cover up an accident- pishaw! This jury is going to convict her of LWOP, IMO, and no fancy-dance, wild trauma theories the DT come up with are going to change that. I think it will keep her from the DP but thats as much as it will do. Keep the faith WS'ers!
    Last edited by Frigga; 03-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Frigga For This Useful Post:

My question would be what took them so long to make this determination and what a co-inky-dink that they both came to the same conclusion at the exact same time????? This close to trial is smells fishy.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    PIP, I still think it is a slam dunk! How much information did it take for you to determine you thought she was guilty? These folks that will be on the jury will be just like us here, and for me there were only a few indications in the beginning and I KNEW she was guilty. As ordinary citizens I think we are aware of the lengths defense attorneys will go to to get a client off, think of how popular all the John Grisham books and movies are... the Erin Brokovitch stories etc. I think all of the forensic evidence is icing on the cake. Many of us know someone who has had trauma (if not personal experience), rape, molestation, military vets etc. amd we know these people do not go out and murder their children because of the stress, or cover up an accident- pishaw! This jury is going to convict her of LWOP, IMO, and no fancy-dance, wild trauma theories the DT come up with are going to change that. I think it will keep her from the DP but thats as much as it will do. Keep the faith WS'ers!
    Thanks Frigga, whew, I feel a bit better now. You are a voice of reason. Deep cleansing breaths, pip.

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

According to jail logs posted on another forum, Dr Harry Krop, a forensic phychologist, visited KC in Feb. He is an expert in competency issues and mitigation.
    JMO

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    According to jail logs posted on another forum, Dr Harry Krop, a forensic phychologist, visited KC in Feb. He is an expert in competency issues and mitigation.
    AF mentioned Dr. Krop and Dr. Danzinger in court the other day. So if Krop visited her, isn't that a vehicle for the state to examine her if SA believes that it is in fact a mental health defense, as opposed to their 'state of mind' , non-mental health claim?

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    "An Inside Look into the World of a Forensic Psychologist with Dr. Harry Krop

JNET in March!!!

Clinical forensic psychologist Harry Krop will discuss the psychologist's unique role in death penalty cases, using examples from some of his high profile cases, including Danny Rolling and Eileen Wuernos. He will also talk about some of the challenging ethical issues he faced while working on these cases."

http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...dwe5rq9d9fa199
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

My gut instinct is that the SA is on to them and know darn well they are trying to disguise a mental health defense as something else and once they get the reports, we will see litigation move forward to allow the state to have her examined.

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

This is better than a movie. Wish it was just a movie.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BD1 For This Useful Post:

STATE v. MIZELL

Dr. Krop would testify that Mizell has been diagnosed with PTSD, and he would explain what PTSD is and how PTSD affects an individual's perceptions. . .
    The State is incorrect, however, in its characterization of PTSD as diminished capacity evidence in this case.   We view the PTSD evidence offered in this case as state-of-mind evidence, quite analogous to battered spouse syndrome (BSS) testimony that has in fact been approved many times.   BSS testimony has been admitted to support a claim of self-defense.   See State v. Hickson, 630 So.2d 172, 173 (Fla.1993) (holding that “an expert can generally describe [BSS] and the characteristics of a person suffering from the syndrome and can express an opinion in response to hypothetical questions predicated on facts in evidence․”).  PTSD evidence, as offered in this case, is not inadmissible as diminished capacity evidence. . .
    In this case, the trial court laid down five very specific conditions on the admissibility of PTSD evidence.   These conditions were designed to avoid the problems that have arisen in other cases.   Specifically, the court's order will prevent a trial scenario in which a psychologist may skillfully present the defendant's testimony by the backdoor, negating the State's right to cross-examination.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-distri...l/1188746.html

Obviously, this would not be his first go around with this defense!!
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    STATE v. MIZELL

Dr. Krop would testify that Mizell has been diagnosed with PTSD, and he would explain what PTSD is and how PTSD affects an individual's perceptions. . .
    The State is incorrect, however, in its characterization of PTSD as diminished capacity evidence in this case.   We view the PTSD evidence offered in this case as state-of-mind evidence, quite analogous to battered spouse syndrome (BSS) testimony that has in fact been approved many times.   BSS testimony has been admitted to support a claim of self-defense.   See State v. Hickson, 630 So.2d 172, 173 (Fla.1993) (holding that “an expert can generally describe [BSS] and the characteristics of a person suffering from the syndrome and can express an opinion in response to hypothetical questions predicated on facts in evidence․”).  PTSD evidence, as offered in this case, is not inadmissible as diminished capacity evidence. . .
    In this case, the trial court laid down five very specific conditions on the admissibility of PTSD evidence.   These conditions were designed to avoid the problems that have arisen in other cases.   Specifically, the court's order will prevent a trial scenario in which a psychologist may skillfully present the defendant's testimony by the backdoor, negating the State's right to cross-examination.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-distri...l/1188746.html

Obviously, this would not be his first go around with this defense!!
    Aaaaand there it is. Good find!! You have revealed the DT's secret.

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:

If they area going to say ICA had a dissociative disorder which caused her to think she was an Event Planner, and now a lawyer, how are they going to explain Universal? maybe that's one of the reasons they wanted it out. She admitted she lied. She said OK you got me I don't work here. If she had snapped out of a dissociative state, she would (at least according to "Sybill" which I read years ago) have no idea where she was and who these people were. She would have a large memory gap going to the last time she had been "not an event planner."

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast