Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2337

Thread: What Is the Defense Strategy?

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    The whole mistrial thing is stupid. IMO Doesn't mean she would be free, so I don't get why they would want that. Just delaying the inevitable.
    I completely agree..... so maybe ICA was thinking acquittal but, in all her exuberance at being set free, wrote mistrial. A mistrial does her no good at all, except, as you say, to delay the inevitable. She'd still be in jail.
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snaz For This Useful Post:

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSleuth View Post
    I hope you all are wrong. The whole reason the SA filed that motion in limine was so that would not happen. If JP grants the motion in limine and they bring it in anyway, if true, that it's so prejudicial that the bell can't be unrung, there will be a mistrial. Then everything, from jury selection onward will have to be redone--if they have the money. Let's hope and pray this isn't part of their strategy!
    Respectfully BBM

If the defense were brazen enough to do this, they should be thrown in jail, right along side ICA. There is no excuse for that kind of defiance and it should be severely punished!

Surely they aren't THAT stupid.........
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    I completely agree..... so maybe ICA was thinking acquittal but, in all her exuberance at being set free, wrote mistrial. A mistrial does her no good at all, except, as you say, to delay the inevitable. She'd still be in jail.
    OT- but I saw your post on the Lawyer thread as to why the duct tape was still adhering to scalp hair after all that time....
    I'm no Lawyer nor Scientist but I can tell you that hair is all but indestructible, it takes a strong chemical like Mr PlumR to unblock my bathroom drains when they get plugged up with the stuff.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WolfmarsGirl View Post
    Now,I think they are going to blame the sexual abuse on Lee! They might even say he took the baby.

Or, they can say KC left Caylee in GA's hands on the 16th. She thought the baby was safe with Grandpa, so she partied.

Only later did she discover that Caylee was missing when she talked to CA.

Ok, I get it now - both male family members molested her, but she was deathly afraid of Lee.

Remember the tears she shed when she saw CA? I think she was thinking about the terrible thing she was getting ready to put her mother through (blaming her son and husband). No, let me rephrase that: KC was thinking that the jury would be remembering the crocodile tears she shed when she saw CA and that the jury would think she must have been thinking about the terrible thing...

But, it must be Lee and not GA because she already knows Mommy hates Daddy, right? We already saw how 'frushtrated' KC was at Lee during the hearing where Lee admitted he was going to share info she gave to him with the big, bad police department.

Let me ask this though: Without KC testifying, how can they change the whole story KC gave initially? I mean, JB can't get up there and say, "here's the real story," without somehow having KC speak. Is that allowed?? Please tell me it is not!
    Nope.....now KC is asking for "someone else" to tell her story for her so she doesn't have to get up on the stand.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6361070#post6361070"]2011.04.19 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Has this ever happened before?
    My posts are my opinion only.....

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

In the link above and here, http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27520527/detail.html, why does it list Home Depo vids on dates prior to June 15?

Does anyone think that there is video of KC buying ingredients in order to make chloroform?

Also there's Walmart video from July 23 - one date only. It seems there should be more videos from Walmart, according to someone's testimony
    stating they saw KC and Caylee at a Walmart on June 16 iirc.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 04-19-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: add

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    In the link above and here, http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27520527/detail.html, why does it list Home Depo vids on dates prior to June 15?

Does anyone think that there is video of KC buying ingredients in order to make chloroform?
    You know I thought it was kind of strange that CA was asked if she had any ammonia in her home.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    You know I thought it was kind of strange that CA was asked if she had any ammonia in her home.
    Ammonia is formed when organic matter decomposes.
    Google told me that....

ETA I bet CA had to think for a while "I wonder which is the right answer? Should I tell the truth or not?"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Maybe they have her on video for those dates because she was purchasing items to make "chloroform"? If they had been able to acquire the containers, they could have used the IPC codes to show where they were purchased?

Oh, sorry woebegone....didn't see the last part of your post but, at least we are on the same wave length.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

Yes Baznme, that's what I'm asking. I wonder if anyone knows more about the May visits to Home Depo. It may have been discussed before. I'm not sure. That would be the kind of video that would really solidify that KC had been using chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I don't know how the DT would defend that evidence.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Yes Baznme, that's what I'm asking. I wonder if anyone knows more about the May visits to Home Depo. It may have been discussed before. I'm not sure. That would be the kind of video that would really solidify that KC had been using chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I don't know how the DT would defend that evidence.
    It makes sense to me that is what they are looking at on those videos for those dates. I'm hoping anyway.

I just did a search on "how to make chlorform at home" and this is what I found. In reading the instructions, I seem to be picking up little bits of familiar info like a white powder substance at the bottom of the container,...that's the chloroform and should be removed with a funnel....i.e., or a syringe? Very basic ingredients. I'm thinking also the site where the remains were found may have been where she was keeping her "lab" out of site and available for when she needed a fresh supply?

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.howtodothings.com/health-...ake-chloroform

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Nope.....now KC is asking for "someone else" to tell her story for her so she doesn't have to get up on the stand.

2011.04.19 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Has this ever happened before?
    I don't know if this has happened before in a trial.
    I do know that KC received a letter at the jail from someone on the outside (a woman I think) who wrote something like 'tell someone what happened before it's too late.'

I don't know if this has happened before in a trial.
    I do know that KC received a letter at the jail from someone on the outside (a woman I think) who wrote something like 'tell someone what happened before it's too late.'
    This is a curve ball then IF it's never happened before. I think, I don't know but I think that HHJP is going to hold the DT's feet to fire and adhere to the way it should be done. Just a guess on my part though.

Any idea on who sent that note?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

Which alot of people do. Do you remember what CA's answer was?
    Did LE want to match the bottle to a possible May purchase?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

This is a curve ball then IF it's never happened before. I think, I don't know but I think that HHJP is going to hold the DT's feet to fire and adhere to the way it should be done. Just a guess on my part though.

I hope I wrote it down. I'll look later tonight. No way I'm going through all of those jail house letters again!

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    IMO she thought a mistrail meant she would be free and there would not be another trial.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to momshrink For This Useful Post:

Also there's Walmart video from July 23 - one date only. It seems there should be more videos from Walmart, according to someone's testimony
    stating they saw KC and Caylee at a Walmart on June 16 iirc.
    Curious... I find some of this discovery Video curious

Home Depot on May 23 and 29, 2008 (before Caylee went missing)

WalMart July 23, 2008..??? Casey was in Jail

2 videos from the Cheesecake Factory June 11 and 12, 2008
    Casey, Caylee and Tony went to the Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Millenia on June 11, 2008

July 5th, 2008 Video of Casey and Will at Ikea...okay, can't wait to see this one...IMO it will probably show how happy she was...Wonder if she was looking in the aisles for Zanny and Caylee...NOT.

3 videos from JC Penny...purchases? she did go get her nails done at JC Penny

SUNTRUST Video of Tony Lazzaro????? No date given.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

The DT has a new idea. They want 'someone else' to tell KC's story (according to new motions submitted by DT...today's news thread)

Anyone here on WS want to volunteer to give it a shot?

Anyone? Anyone at all?
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Is the Defense going to present their side during the SA's case? I don't see any defense coming forth. I think they will use their weapons then and later rest and save all these other excuses for the penalty phase.

SP had no defense and basically that is what happened. Barely a whimper said by the defense in that case and they were smart not too say too much...and ruin your reputation on a defenseless matter.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Which alot of people do. Do you remember what CA's answer was?
    Did LE want to match the bottle to a possible May purchase?
    CA said no, she did not have ammonia in her home. I don't either because if you accidently mix it with bleach it causes toxic fumes.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

CA said no, she did not have ammonia in her home. I don't either because if you accidently mix it with bleach it causes toxic fumes.
    Was it ammonia or acetone they asked CA about?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    The DT has a new idea. They want 'someone else' to tell KC's story (according to new motions submitted by DT...today's news thread)

Anyone here on WS want to volunteer to give it a shot?

Anyone? Anyone at all?
    But, but but, I would have to be cross examined.
    Maybe they can hire Juliet Lewis.
    Last edited by LancelotLink; 04-19-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Justice for CAYLEE

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

Was it ammonia or acetone they asked CA about?
    Ammonia.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    But, but, but, I would have to be cross examined...
    I'd pay to see that!

Seriously tho, I am sitting here scratching my head trying to visualize just how this would work. Does the DT plan to call witnesses to say that KC suffered abuse or trauma and that these people actually saw it?
    Last edited by Paintr; 04-19-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot an 'a'
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

I just started to sing out loud an old song from the 70's.
    Billy Preston's " Nothing from nothing leaves nothing....."
    That about sums up the defense

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shotgun09 For This Useful Post:

I hope I wrote it down. I'll look later tonight. No way I'm going through all of those jail house letters again!
    It's a miracle I found this note. You'd understand if you could see how unorganized my notes have become!

I wrote in my notebook ~
    part 4 fox, pdf. 889, pg. 18747

9/9/09 (I'm not sure if this is the doc. dump date or the date on the card.)

(pdf. 895/18753) "Casey Girl . . .
    They are building a strong case against you.
    Can you handle this?
    Are you sure you shouldn't just tell them why?
    Dude. This is gonna be really tough on you.
    Keep your chin up!"
    - Christine Tuchek -

pdf. 814/19757, 4/20/09
    "say something"
    Christine Tuchek

pdf. 825, 4/17/09
    "If Only the Walls Could Talk"
    Christine Tuchek

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast