1093 users online (178 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Woman claims she threw newborn and siblings off bridge

I hope this is a hoax........it's terrible but not as terrible as it being real.
    [/I]

oh I do hope she is lying....

I am so hoping she's just crazy and delusional and she did no such thing!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Oh my gosh. How completely awful.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

Our Philly Action News just said it was a hoax and they're so looking for this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Our Philly Action News just said it was a hoax and they're so looking for this woman.
    What a sick, demented thing to lie about! We have enough horrible things happening to our children without having to make something like this up!

I hope they find out who she is and I PRAY she doesn't have any children.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    What a sick, demented thing to lie about! We have enough horrible things happening to our children without having to make something like this up!

I hope they find out who she is and I PRAY she doesn't have any children.

you're totally right of course. but I have been reading terrible tragedies for so long now that I just feel deeply relieved that no children appear to have been harmed...

Sadly, we pray for a hoax but know it could be real. Wicked world.

does she actually have children? if so i hope they keep them away from her!

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...om_bridge.html

Peggy Boemmel, chief financial officer at St. Joseph's, said said the first call was taken by an operator, who transferred it to a nurse in the emergency room.

The woman told the nurse that she threw her baby off the bridge, then hung up. The nurse called 911.

When the woman called back a few minutes later, she was transferred to the hospital's behavioral access center, an intake facility for drug and alcohol patients.

The woman told an intake worker about throwing the infant off the bridge, Boemmel said.

The worker also called 911, and at some point, the woman hung up, she said.

The third time, the woman spoke to the same intake worker, who kept the line open for a "couple of hours," Boemmel said.

The woman told hospital personnel that she threw her older children from the bridge because she could not afford to feed them, Coast Guard officials said.
    JMO

I hope it is a hoax!

http://www.examiner.com/x-60924-Atla...ranklin-Bridge

The search was suspended after eight hours in which both helicopter and boat crews found no evidence supporting the claim.

Not only are the pedestrian walkways locked at night, but also the security cameras along the suspension bridge captured no images of the woman or anyone throwing anything off the span according to the Delaware River Port Authority.

The unconfirmed report has turned up no bodies and authorities have been unable to locate Michelle Perez. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Perez, please contact the Camden police.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWhite View Post
    I hope it is a hoax!

http://www.examiner.com/x-60924-Atla...ranklin-Bridge

The search was suspended after eight hours in which both helicopter and boat crews found no evidence supporting the claim.

Not only are the pedestrian walkways locked at night, but also the security cameras along the suspension bridge captured no images of the woman or anyone throwing anything off the span according to the Delaware River Port Authority.

The unconfirmed report has turned up no bodies and authorities have been unable to locate Michelle Perez. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Perez, please contact the Camden police.
    Soooo, how about posting a pic of her so people can be on the look out for her. Also, have they checked birth records to see if she has ever had children?

I wish they could give some more info.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    Soooo, how about posting a pic of her so people can be on the look out for her. Also, have they checked birth records to see if she has ever had children?

I wish they could give some more info.
    Lovejac, they don't know who she is. She gave false information. She could have been anyone.

Why would she take her three kids on a bus from Philly to Camden only to walk across the bridge from there to throw them over? Why did she call Saint Joe's? I think she must have been in there at some point before. Whoever she is.

If she couldn't afford to feed her kids how did she afford a bus ticket? Wouldn't they comb 11th and Filbert to see if anyone sold a bus ticket to a woman with three kids.

Plus she said she was in a Jersey hotel. How is she affording that? No images captured. Surely somebody if she could even get up there at that time would have seen a woman with kids up there.

Whoever she is she needs help.