Nevaeh's Back to School Safety Event

Jess Star

Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Hello everyone! This is my SECOND WS post. . . Anyway, my blog name is Jess Star, and I am a principal in the group Justice for Nevaeh. You can learn more about our group by visiting our webpage, http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce our next event, Nevaeh's Back to School Safety Event. If I do this right--the invitation will appear below!

Thank you.

August15Invite.jpg

Back to School Safety Event!

On Sunday, August 15, 2010, we held Nevaeh's Back to School Safety Event at the Riverside Early Learning Center in Monroe. The event was a great success thanks to those who worked tirelessly to put it all together. Although we were competing with the Circus and the Monroe County Jazz Festival, we had well over 100 kids, and each of them received a hand-sewn tote bag (thanks to Risa's mom!) filled with back to school supplies. We served hotdogs, fresh-cooked sweet corn, chips, pretzels, cheetos, punch and iced tea. But the most popular "foods" of the day--at least for the kids--were the snow cones and all-you-can-eat cotton candy! And best of all, everything was free for everyone in attendance.

Another popular item with the kids were the boxes full of toys, games, puzzles, stuffed-animals--you name it! Each child was given the chance to rummage through the boxes and take whatever they wanted. Now, one would think doing something like that would be a recipe for disaster, but I'll tell you, these were some of the greatest kids we've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Courteous, generous, sharing--they were just downright awesome kids. And as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, I am certain that Nevaeh was looking down upon everyone, smiling ear to ear.

We will now begin planning our Second Annual Halloween Bash. Stay tuned for the details.

Oh, and a VERY special thanks to Kim's daughter who, although just 10 years old, worked very hard right alongside us adults setting up, cleaning up and tearing down. Talk about energy, she was incredible. THANK YOU!

And finally, we would like to extend a VERY special thanks to WTVG ABC Toledo and WUPW Fox Toledo for covering our event live. THANK YOU!

https://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/back-to-school-safety-event

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back