• Identify if and who was in the truck

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The FBI will make an appearance

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Announce they think (or know) Kyron is deceased

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Exactly what LE said would happen

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • talk about the new flyer and ask whomever received one to fill it out.

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • ask for more community help and say " we can't comment to most questions"

Votes: 103 49.0%
  • No Idea

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • No comment No comment No comment Part of the investigation No comment I don't know

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • ask people to come forward if they saw anyone in Horman's car between 8:15 and 8:45

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat010

Former Member
Reaction score
What do you think will happen at or as a result of the press conference on Wed?

Lots of "NO comment" or "sorry we cannot discuss that as it is an ongoing investigation" :banghead:

From the sheriff's office:

The purpose of the press conference is to release certain case details in an effort to obtain the public's help in gathering further information in this investigation. Captain Gates as well as a member of the investigative team will be present to provide information on the case to solicit the public's help and answer questions.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

OK, this is my first poll.

Let me know if it needs improving!

Here's what I think will happen:

Some WS'ers on the fence will get down on one side or the other.

Amazingly, some who've been leaning one way--nay, even dangling a foot and leg--will suddenly dismount on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted to land on one side or the other will jump over the fence and land on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted will climb back up, with loud lamentations.

And some will stay just where they are--either side, dismounted, or picking splinters, mounted. Also with loud lamentations.

As for the LE presser--I predict they'll ask for more community help. Other than that--who knows?

Feel free to use the write-in vote thingy.

Discuss.

I believe they will let the public know a few more investigation details:
1.) that there was possibly a second person in the truck that morning at the school.
2.) that Dede needs an alibi for way more of the day than the public thought, and they have a brand new flier to pass out regarding this.
3.) that there was in fact a talent show scheduled for that day.
4.) they will confirm a few things about the "doctor's appointment" and the confusion it caused.
5.) that Terri had a need for a cell phone on the DL, lol.

and after all that, they will tell announce that they still want to encourage people to come forward if they think they have info... and not to be shy about it!!

A few details coming out shortly after its announced that a press conference will be held to give out more info... And the general public is probably largely unaware of these things. Not everyone follows this, so I believe that even though a lot already know, the general public may be largely unaware of the investigation status. Most people probably don't spam f5 for Kyron horman breaking news. So I think this is all the new info to shell out.

As for jumping over the fence or on it, after all the time I've been sitting on this computer and getting fat, don't know if I'd be strong enough to do any type of jumping.

If they so much as say TMH or DDS is a POI, I will fall over.

That said, I think they will ask for community help and ask people to fill out flyers if they've received one. Beyond that? I don't expect much.

I have no clue and can't even guess and won't get too worked up about it. I think they will address the issues forced front and center by the media and try to reinforce their theory that this is "isolated", but other than that, I added my own choice, no clue/no expectations.

Still balancing on my fence...

I added ask for more community help and say " we can't comment to most questions" as that is what I believe will happen.

No comment, as there is an ongoing investigation.

Look over there...Terri is cooperating! Look over there...We are looking for an alive Kyron! Look over there...nothing to see here!

If they continue to say Kyron is alive...I will be very unhappy with the way they are taking their time in asking for help/providing possible clues to the public if they could be of help, etc...of course I would be thrilled if he is alive, but they are not moving at a pace that suggests that, as far as disseminating information, in my opinion.

I am very sad for Desiree and Kaine and familes of both, regardless. This whole case has become almost ridiculous, except that it is a tragedy, not a comedy.

I think they'll discuss Mystery Person in the White Truck and ask for the public's assistance in identifying this person, DD's unaccounted for whereabouts in relation to the newly distributed questionnaire, perhaps a fiscal account and the standard "we remain committed to this investigation," and not much else, IMHO.

OK, this is my first poll.

Let me know if it needs improving!

Here's what I think will happen:

Some WS'ers on the fence will get down on one side or the other.

Amazingly, some who've been leaning one way--nay, even dangling a foot and leg--will suddenly dismount on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted to land on one side or the other will jump over the fence and land on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted will climb back up, with loud lamentations.

And some will stay just where they are--either side, dismounted, or picking splinters, mounted. Also with loud lamentations.

As for the LE presser--I predict they'll ask for more community help. Other than that--who knows?

Feel free to use the write-in vote thingy.

Discuss.

I think you did an outstanding job with your first poll kat. WTG!!:woohoo:
Looks like we're in for some major moving on & around the fence.

School starts September 7. http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/

Whatever they say, I hope they come up with a good reason for parents to believe it is safe to send their children there. Just saying that a crime involving child missing from the school is an "isolated incident" would not be enough for me at this point. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd opt for private school or homeschool before I'd send my child there under the circumstances.

I think they aren't going to say much other than they have released the flyer and that they seek more info. I already know that. They are working hard. I know that. They are not commenting otherwise. I know that.

The only good news I can imagine is that they have found Kyron alive. There is no need to call a press conference for that. So I have become cynical and I think these press conferences will contain either no news or bad news. Right now, I vote for no news, since we already know about the flyer.

I think they'll definitely ask for the public's help in identifying the adult person that was seen in the white pick-up at the school. I hope they might be able to at least clarify if it was a male or female in the truck.

I HOPE they'll share some case details (they said they would) and clear up some of the confusion regarding the various time lines - TH's and DD's. I hope too that with the release of TH's emails, they will confirm or refute some of the statements made in those emails.

does anyone remember from last night that there was info on a news site that some phones had been purchased the day Kyron disappeared and then the info went "poof"?

It was pretty quick and I didn't see it added on to here as news.

I believe they will let the public know a few more investigation details:
1.) that there was possibly a second person in the truck that morning at the school.
2.) that Dede needs an alibi for way more of the day than the public thought, and they have a brand new flier to pass out regarding this.
3.) that there was in fact a talent show scheduled for that day.
4.) they will confirm a few things about the "doctor's appointment" and the confusion it caused.
5.) that Terri had a need for a cell phone on the DL, lol.

and after all that, they will tell announce that they still want to encourage people to come forward if they think they have info... and not to be shy about it!!

A few details coming out shortly after its announced that a press conference will be held to give out more info... And the general public is probably largely unaware of these things. Not everyone follows this, so I believe that even though a lot already know, the general public may be largely unaware of the investigation status. Most people probably don't spam f5 for Kyron horman breaking news. So I think this is all the new info to shell out.

I was shocked to learn about a possible second person in the truck. From the beginning I suspected TH, but now to think that she involved someone else, well, my head is spinning. I was positive she did whatever she did by herself.

But, looking at it, maybe she needed to involve someone else so she could talk about it, implicate someone else, get affirmation that what she was doing was deserved and okay, and hold it over that person's head, i.e., "You are as guilty as me and if I go down, you go down."

It makes sense that someone like TH would need to discuss the details and get kudos for it. Narcissistic supply and all.

To involve someone else, well, this just is very out of the norm generally for murderers, if indeed dear Kyron is deceased. I hope he's not and is rescued soon. In my heart of hearts, however, I believe he is in heaven.

If there is another person involved, good Lord, evil people getting together, birds of a feather...how horrid.

this probably needs to be in another thread, sia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50