Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 Dec 1999

Oops, sorry M86, I just now saw that you're from Arkansas. I am just across the OK/AR line myself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny Lane For This Useful Post:

12 miles from Welch here, but with no idea of how to find the scene of the crime, 12+ years on.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Wow! Really? I'm in Rogers, Arkansas (NWA). What a small world!
    This case consumes my mind sometimes... We need to solve this!
    ...Always remembering the missing...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by M86 View Post
    Wow! Really? I'm in Rogers, Arkansas (NWA). What a small world!
    This case consumes my mind sometimes... We need to solve this!
    Wouldn't that be somethin'? These girls deserve justice and peace and so do their families. I hold little faith in the LE that investigated...

I'm near Siloam myself and used to work in Bentonville.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penny Lane For This Useful Post:

I had no idea I'd find anyone in our area that knew about this case on WS.

Unfortunately, a lot of time has passed...

Keeping this thread alive could be the key to solving this unusual case! You never know!

Let's get to the core of it and get some more conversation going: Was LE involved or not? It's WS's policy to not bash LE. If someone is going to solve this case, this factor needs to be eliminated... somehow.

I have seen some major corruption (in LE) in OK, and this cannot be ignored.

Look at Tulsa! Enough said. If it's that bad there... the small towns are only worse.

I'm am very convinced LE are involved in this case. I'm going to say it.

Why else would OSBI release a ridiculous "possible vehicles in the area" over 10 years later? Ridiculous, embarrassing, and sad. And OSBI has the absolute worst record ever.

Good grief! Sorry, something needs to be done! Look at the f'in LE. So sad.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

I want to keep this thread alive for as long as possible... 2 teenage girls are missing, an entire family (and nurse connected to this case) are now dead, and it happened in rural Oklahoma, with a sense of heavy LE involvement. Why? What happened? This needs to be solved.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdNWJ4Xufk&feature=related"]OSBI Releases New Details In 1999 Disappearance Of Two Craig County Teens - YouTube[/ame]

Watch that... I've cried. Good grief... I have no words. Lorene, if you see this, more power to you. I'm speechless.

I've watched every type of show devoted to this case: Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway (Great show idea, but wrong host... Beth Holloway isn't for TV and she's had way too much plastic surgery... To the point of embarrassing).

Anyone out there? The local LE were ruled out through lie-detectors... but they were administered by OSBI (that have a horrible record). Can we dig deeper here? I shouldn't be totally fixed on LE involvement, but OK LE corruption is absolutely ridiculous. They walked over a human body, that wasn't discovered later. Good fricken grief.

Great job, OSBI... In my opinion, the biggest &(*&#$#@ I have ever seen/encountered.

I'm at a loss of words.

Is anyone in contact with the Bible family?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

I want to keep this thread alive for as long as possible... 2 teenage girls are missing, an entire family (and nurse connected to this case) are now dead, and it happened in rural Oklahoma, with a sense of heavy LE involvement. Why? What happened? This needs to be solved.

OSBI Releases New Details In 1999 Disappearance Of Two Craig County Teens - YouTube

Watch that... I've cried. Good grief... I have no words. Lorene, if you see this, more power to you. I'm speechless.

I've watched every type of show devoted to this case: Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway (Great show idea, but wrong host... Beth Holloway isn't for TV and she's had way too much plastic surgery... To the point of embarrassing).

Anyone out there? The local LE were ruled out through lie-detectors... but they were administered by OSBI (that have a horrible record). Can we dig deeper here? I shouldn't be totally fixed on LE involvement, but OK LE corruption is absolutely ridiculous. They walked over a human body, that wasn't discovered later. Good fricken grief.

Great job, OSBI... In my opinion, the biggest &(*&#$#@ I have ever seen/encountered.

I'm at a loss of words.

Is anyone in contact with the Bible family?
    A ****in' pickup heading north on US 59, and a small dark sedan traveling east... After 13 years... Un, ****ing, real.... I have no words.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

A ****in' pickup heading north on US 59, and a small dark sedan traveling east... After 13 years... Un, ****ing, real.... I have no words.
    I am in total agreement! As soon as Ashley's father's body (his name escapes me now) was overlooked, 'til the announcement of suspect vehicles 13 years after the fact, it's been nothing short of a farce. I'm not as familiar with the case as others, but the investigation has dealt these girls an injustice, on top of the one I am certain they have already suffered.

I do have a question, a bit off topic, and Oriah this may be for you: how does one go about getting a cadaver dog to search an area? Specifically, someone who is only a sleuther and not a PI or LE. This is in regards to another case I have been researching.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penny Lane For This Useful Post:

OSBI Releases New Details In 1999 Disappearance Of Two Craig County Teens - YouTube

(Respectfully snipped by me)

Bumping this post and video and this thread for Lauria and Ashley. Their loved ones deserve answers!

Here a , there a , everywhere a

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Why would OSBI be hesitant on releasing that (after 13 years), only because it's vague? That could have saved those girls... Who cares how vague it is! It's northeast Oklahoma! Good grief! We're not talking about LA or New York here! It's just unreal.
    I'll never give up on this case... Something needs to come out!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

Long-time lurker, came out of hiding partly because it's miserably hot here in OK and I'm out of work, so I'm stuck inside with a lot of time on my hands. (You can only spend so much time job-hunting every day before it starts getting really depressing.)

At any rate, I thought I'd drop in to let you all know that based on a casting notice I found online, it looks like the ID show Disappeared will be covering the Bible-Freeman case this fall. While a producer told one WSer they didn't feature disappearances over ten years old, the show has covered the Springfield Three (1992) and the details match up so closely, I just can't think of any other case it could conceivably be.

According to the notice on the Miami Little Theatre's web site, the episode was filmed in Vinita in April, and the producers were looking for two girls to play the lead roles. No names are used, just the designations "GIRL 1" and "GIRL 2," which is why I had to make an educated guess regarding the case they're profiling. (I ran across a few other casting notices for the show, if anyone wants to help me sleuth which cases they might be running. One was from Fresno, CA, and another from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.)

For the role of "GIRL 1," they wanted an actress who was 5'5", 130 pounds, with shoulder-length curly brown hair, while "GIRL 2" needed to be 5'7", 145 pounds, with straight, shoulder-length, dark blonde hair. Both had to be 18, but that could be for legal reasons, since adults play teenagers all the time.

Do the descriptions fit? They were also casting for a brother, a boyfriend, two sets of parents, a grandmother, a convict, and an uncle. Sounds awfully familiar.

I'm no expert on the case, though, so check out the notice and see what you think: http://www.miamilittletheatre.com/20...ting-call.html.
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate. ~ William of Ockham

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. ~ Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nanda Devi For This Useful Post:

Yes, the descriptions fit - 5'5 130, Lauria, 5'7 145, Ashley.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, the descriptions fit - 5'5 130, Lauria, 5'7 145, Ashley.
    Thanks very much. I'm always glad to see local -- and anything in Oklahoma is local as far I'm concerned -- cases get some national attention, especially when they're as frustrating and disturbing as this one.

The new season of Disappeared is set to to start in early November and they were still filming new episodes earlier this month, so hopefully the Bible-Freeman case will air before the year is out. No doubt this thread will heat up and you'll see a large influx of new posters after the show airs.
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate. ~ William of Ockham

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. ~ Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nanda Devi For This Useful Post:

If anyone finds out about the day the Disappeared episode will air, please post it here!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

If anyone finds out about the day the Disappeared episode will air, please post it here!
    I'm going to keep checking on it. Haven't seen anything posted on the schedule online, nor has anything been mentioned on the IMDB page for the show. Sometimes the episode listings will go up there long before the show airs.
    All posts are my opinion and nothing more.

...and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is that which also is the source of our greatest strength.
    ― Audre Lorde

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlithePlum For This Useful Post:

I'm still wanting to know the exact location of this tragedy...

I'm in the area, and would like to just visit the location.

If anyone knows, please let me know!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

And here, I always thought the two girls disappeared of their own free will

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    And here, I always thought the two girls disappeared of their own free will
    I never believed that... but, anything is possible. The theory that they staged this and left on their own, however, is unlikely.

Because (and forgive me, but I feel I need to recap everything)... Vehicles were not missing, one of the girls (I think it was Lauria's?) purse was found in the trailer after the fire, the girls were active in school (one was a cheerleader, the other in basketball, and I think both were in 4-H)... I've watched every possible segment of this story on TV (local news, Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway, etc). Lauria's parents remind me of my parents. Down-to-earth, easy-going, genuine people.

I don't know about the Freeman family... They're all deceased now...

The rumors of the dad in drugs, LE involvement... I think it's a mix of those two. LE corruption, unfortunately is a fact of life.

You can try and change my mind... but I'm convinced local LE is somehow involved...

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

I saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and it is one of the strangest cases I've seen.

I don't know if the LE is involved, but they have definitely been negligent with handling this case. The fact that they overlooked a body is bad (Lauria's parents, not trained in this type of thing found a body really quickly over the LE who are trained in this type of thing and only found one after a lot of searching) and have only recently released the info about cars in the area is quite bad. Nobody will remember a car of that description from over a decade ago. They should have released that info when they found it and we might know who did this horrible crime. The fact that Danny also said to his brother that "if something were to happen to me, look at the LE" is quite creepy too.

These girls really don't seem like the type to run away after killing their parents. I don't know.

I thought that maybe they were running from the person who murdered Ashley's parents, but I'm sure there would be sightings of them or their bodies would be found by now.

I really hope Lauria's mother can find closure in some form at some point. It's just so sad. I would be really mad at the LE for how they've treated this case, probably because the Freemans seemed like troublemakers to them. I don't think either of them are alive, so I hope Lauria's mother can find her and Ashley's remains and take them home.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hoshizora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoshizora View Post
    I saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and it is one of the strangest cases I've seen.

I don't know if the LE is involved, but they have definitely been negligent with handling this case. The fact that they overlooked a body is bad (Lauria's parents, not trained in this type of thing found a body really quickly over the LE who are trained in this type of thing and only found one after a lot of searching) and have only recently released the info about cars in the area is quite bad. Nobody will remember a car of that description from over a decade ago. They should have released that info when they found it and we might know who did this horrible crime. The fact that Danny also said to his brother that "if something were to happen to me, look at the LE" is quite creepy too.

These girls really don't seem like the type to run away after killing their parents. I don't know.

I thought that maybe they were running from the person who murdered Ashley's parents, but I'm sure there would be sightings of them or their bodies would be found by now.

I really hope Lauria's mother can find closure in some form at some point. It's just so sad. I would be really mad at the LE for how they've treated this case, probably because the Freemans seemed like troublemakers to them. I don't think either of them are alive, so I hope Lauria's mother can find her and Ashley's remains and take them home.
    Hoshizora, thank you for joining in the conversation!

I just re-watched the segment (Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack)... One thing that disturbs me, as you said, is that local LE and the OSBI (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation) both MISSED A DEAD BODY. I just cannot wrap my mind around that.

And that they both believed that Ashley Freeman could be involved! It's so insane.

Charley Project - Lauria Bible

Charley Project - Ashley Freeman

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

This investigation was handled so poorly, I believe there a great deal of corruption involved, and that is why I believe LE is somehow involved, or trying to cover their butts. I do not believe Ashely Freeman or Lauria are involved, I believe they are also victims.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:

Gone Too Long... But Not Forgotten

It's the anniversary of this tragedy.

I remember seeing this case on Unsolved Mysteries SO many years ago.
    It's so haunting and has so many twists and turns.

I can't find a lot of 'new' information on it. Does anyone know if there is a cold case unit working on it?
    If not, maybe we could encourage there to be?

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_lauria_bible.htm
    This post will be deleted in 3...2...1...

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustCryssy For This Useful Post:

I'm finally caught up I've read the entire thread and am left wondering this....

If someone pawned the arrowheads, how would anyone know? Couldn't they have been pawned within Hours or days of the murders and no one been the wiser? LE in this case seems to be, less than professional, I guess you would say. Wouldnt they be the ones tracking down the arrowheads? Seems logical that they never looked into it or followed up on it because, well, it involves work, much like clearing a crime scene.

If LE were not involved in the actual killings, then my guess is shoddy police work is to blame for the lack of information and knowledge. They already had a beef with the family, so they quickly announce Steve killed Kathy, took the girls and fled.

My guess is there were multiple leads that came in on this case in the first few weeks and months and as witnesses gave their info police sat there nodded and said "uh huh, yeah" and never wrote a thing down.

If LE was involved, I see a few scenarios as possibilities. LE killed the parents, raped and killed the girls and dumped them where they will never be found, sold the artifacts and cash, but left the purse to make people think nothing was stolen.

It's hard to come up with a scenario that leaves the girls alive, unless LE told them they would be arrested for the murders and they better leave town and never come back. Or threatened to kill Ashleys family, too.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamnotagolem For This Useful Post:

A good many people in this area would not be a bit surprised if LE is responsible.

The girls aren't alive; these were good kids. No way they ran off. I doubt their bodies will ever be found.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    A good many people in this area would not be a bit surprised if LE is responsible.

The girls aren't alive; these were good kids. No way they ran off. I doubt their bodies will ever be found.
    It's so sad. I wonder why whoever did it took the girls elsewhere instead of doing away with them and leaving them there like the parents. Was it to cover up the motive, throw people off?
    I also don't think they'll be found. I don't wanna point fingers, but who knows better how to hide remains that people with experience in maybe comitting previous crimes, or who know where to find them?
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast