GUILTY UK - Twins Luke & Austin, 8, Cecilia Riggi, 5, murdered in Edinburgh, 4 Aug 2010

fhc

Reaction score
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38571850/ns/world_news-europe/

Their mother, identified by newspapers as Theresa Riggi, believed to be originally from Bakersfield, Calif., and father Pasquale Riggi, originally from Colorado, had been locked in a bitter custody battle, the Aberdeen-based Press and Journal newspaper reported.

Firefighters in Edinburgh discovered the family following a report of a suspected gas explosion at around 3 p.m. Wednesday.

An eyewitness told the Edinburgh Evening News that before emergency personnel arrived, neighbors pleaded with the sobbing mother before she screamed, "my children, my children" and jumped the balcony.

The newspaper reported that the children had been stabbed and were found covered in blood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-10897048

An American woman whose two sons and daughter were found dead in Edinburgh faces prosecution over their deaths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10945667

Video Interview with the father, a Shell Oil Executive

Beautiful, beautiful children.

No words. None.

Why didn't she blow up?:furious:

Woo, the anecdotes about the mother making special arrangements for the boys' food, and the "beeping locator buttons" she made them wear, are... weird, imo. Especially at that age. Can you imagine shopping and having mama set off the beeper pinned to you??

I suppose she may have been a mother you'd never believe it of, as some say, but those details are at least a little whacked.

*Bloodstained bodies of eight-year-old twins and daughter, five, found lying side by side
*Sentencing her to 16 years in prison, Lord Bracadale refers to 'a genuine but abnormal and possessive love of your children'
*Neighbour broke Riggi's fall as she 'intentionally' fell head-first from balcony
*'I can't believe this has happened to me', screamed U.S.-born mother as gruesome discovery was made of her children's bodies

A mother who stabbed her three young children to death after fearing she would lose them in a bitter custody battle was jailed for 16 years today.
Theresa Riggi, 47, killed her eight-year-old twins Austin and Luke and her five-year-old daughter Cecilia at their Edinburgh home last August.
The youngsters' bloodstained bodies were discovered lying side by side at the Slateford Road townhouse following a gas explosion at the building, each with eight stab wounds and multiple abrasions and bruises.

Husbands response here, very sad situation

Very beautiful children! RIP Luke, Austin, & Cecilia

16 years for killing three little kids?

Because she was delusional and thought God told her to? Because, mentally ill, she had truly believed that the children would be better off? Because through alcoholism or addiction she was gone to the point that her negligence caused their deaths?

No. It was because she wanted to punish her husband. 8 stab wounds to each child, that would do it. And then just 16 years.

At least she got to choose when she left this life, and how....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back