Fred Meyers Store - June 4, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondergirl

Reaction score
Can a local confirm that there is a Starbucks inside one of the Fred Meyers store?

Can a local confirm that there is a Starbucks inside one of the Fred Meyers store?

Yes....just visited the store this morning. Starbucks inside PLUS another one next door. Also a drive through Starbucks on NW Butler which is about a "long" block away on the corner of Cornelius Pass Rd and Butler.

ETA: Clarifying I went to the NW Imbrie Road FM store.

There is a Starbucks inside the FM on Imbrie Rd. The one on Walker has a Peet's, but there is a Starbucks right next to it in the same strip mall area.

The Fred Meyer on Imbrie drive has a starbucks inside and one outside. (next to the main grocery entrance).

So, there are actually 2 Starbucks at that Fred Meyer. I usually go to the outside one because the inside one only has one person working and it can take a long time to get your drink.

Another thing about Fred Meyer. I go to the one on Walker 3-4 times a week. I could swear I've seen surveillance cameras in there near the entrances. Also, there are a couple of places in the store with signs that say the area is under surveillance (I mainly remember this in the OTC drug area). I wonder if they only watch it live (ie, don't record it) or it gets recorded over quickly so it wasn't available for LE when they requested it.

I might swing by there tonight so I can be more specific. :)

I know that the Imbrie one has been under construction for a while -- they were doing some remodeling of the grocery store side. Last time I was there the regular entrance (sliding glass doors) was boarded up, and you walked down a makeshift hallway to get in (made from plywood).

Had the construction been going on back on June 4th? if so, could it have interfered with the line of sight of some of their security cameras??

I am sure this has been gon over and over, but are Fred Meyers like a Super Walmart with everything in it or a big Target or more like Walgreens? We dont have them down here and I have never heard of them before. Took me awhile to figure the initial Fm were for.

Fred Meyer is like a super walmart -- clothing, groceries, household supplies (paint/towels/etc), toys, and even some furniture.

It's a "one-stop shopping" store. They have everything from clothes to groceries to medicine to home stuff. I've never been in a Super Walmart, but I'd say it's a little more upscale than a Target with a bit more selection (Target doesn't have much in the way of food - you could do all your grocery shopping at FM).

OT: I would love to meet all you Portland WSers at Freddy's someday. We love you and we love Freddy's.

Almost moved to Portland, maybe someday still, some good old friends there, and now some newer ones. It's a wonderful, beautiful place and you guys are GRRReeeaaattt. All you do~

IMO

Another thing about Fred Meyer. I go to the one on Walker 3-4 times a week. I could swear I've seen surveillance cameras in there near the entrances. Also, there are a couple of places in the store with signs that say the area is under surveillance (I mainly remember this in the OTC drug area). I wonder if they only watch it live (ie, don't record it) or it gets recorded over quickly so it wasn't available for LE when they requested it.

Could you please take pix of all the cammies in the lot and inside too? It would really help us ;) JUST KIDDING>

We are very near each other! :woohoo:

Are LE wanting to know about FM, Starbucks, school, for a time-line or is there another reason. What does everyone thing? TIA

We are very near each other! :woohoo:

:dance: We've probably passed each other and not even known it!

I'm thinking they are asking about these locations partly for timeline, and partly because they have some (or one) witnesses whose story they want to corroborate. I also think they may already know that's where Terri and/or Dede were on the 4th and they want to let them know that they know.

On the pdf link BeanE posted, when I mouse over the pics the following pops up.

This is word for word what's popping up:

IMG_0134 Corn Pass Fred Meyers, looking from Terris parking spot.JPG

IMG_0158 View from the enterence and exit at Walker Rd Fred Meyers, Looking at Terri parking spot on the far rock wa.JPG

She sure parked along way from the door, and as a woman who had kids, I KNOW you don't do that. You drive around until a closer one opens up! lol. I think I just came off the fence. (again)

IMG_0158 View from the enterence and exit at Walker Rd Fred Meyers, Looking at Terri parking spot on the far rock wa.JPG

She sure parked along way from the door, and as a woman who had kids, I KNOW you don't do that. You drive around until a closer one opens up! lol. I think I just came off the fence. (again)
Very far away for that time of day. Not like the lots would be full.

I'm sure her defense atty will say she parked there because she is a fitness buff and walking was good exercise, ba dee ba dah.

JMO

Good catch!! I didn't notice that. It seems like they must have a fair amount of detail about these FM visits if they are able to pinpoint her parking spots. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23