A different Lens? Your thoughts?

palladore

Reaction score
The MCSO took questions off camera after today's presser concluded.

The following is from Oregonlive.com (The Oregonian)

"While [Sheriff's Detective} O'Donnell acknowledged that investigators worked to identify everyone who was at the school the morning of June 4 after Kyron went missing, he said that as the inquiry continued detectives developed leads that have them looking at information 'through a different lens.'"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

I'm really wondering if, at this point, they are as sure as they were that Terri was involved. I'm wondering if the different lens is, "Holy crap, she might be innocent. Who else could've done this?"

"While [Sheriff's Detective} O'Donnell acknowledged that investigators worked to identify everyone who was at the school the morning of June 4 after Kyron went missing, he said that as the inquiry continued detectives developed leads that have them looking at information 'through a different lens.'"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

IMO - they need to put on the dede-as-accomplice-how-do-we-get-her-to-talk-lens perhaps?

I'm really wondering if, at this point, they are as sure as they were that Terri was involved. I'm wondering if the different lens is, "Holy crap, she might be innocent. Who else could've done this?"

Geez, I would think that if Terri were not involved (innocent in this) that she would have gladly cracked by now and told everything she knows. I don't think one goes and hires an exclusive criminal attorney such as she did when they're innocent. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

If I had to make a guess, I would say they are trying to rule out a 2nd white truck. That would confound the investigation, making it difficult to accuse Terri - that leaves way too much doubt for any jury to convict. moo

Also, I think they are using a different psychology. If Terri did this crime as a revenge/hatred act directed toward Kaine and maybe Desiree - appearing on media week after week, sketching out a character assassination of Terri only reinforces her initial feelings of being despised, unappreciated, and all that goes along with those feelings. IMO it would have been far more productive to talk about the good side of Terri, both as wife and mother - that kind of talk may have loosened some of her defenses. moo mho

Seriously, if that is their thoughts, it was a big mistake putting out the new flyer with her photo all over it...JMHO

If I had to make a guess, I would say they are trying to rule out a 2nd white truck. That would confound the investigation, making it difficult to accuse Terri - that leaves way too much doubt for any jury to convict. moo

Also, I think they are using a different psychology. If Terri did this crime as a revenge/hatred act directed toward Kaine and maybe Desiree - appearing on media week after week, sketching out a character assassination of Terri only reinforces her initial feelings of being despised, unappreciated, and all that goes along with those feelings. IMO it would have been far more productive to talk about the good side of Terri, both as wife and mother - that kind of talk may have loosened some of her defenses. moo mho

Oh please, Dear God, don't let there be another white Ford truck involved!!!!

This is very good news... I hope rhe new leads prove more productive... I have always believed that LE would solve this case.

All JMO

Wait... did they find any prints in the truck? I would think if they found DeDe's, Kaine's, Terri's, Kyron's and that was it....it'd be a pretty safe bet that DeDe was with Terri that day.

I wonder if they found any non family prints and if they did, if they have been able to ID them? That could have caused them to change the lens from a short one to a long one.......

Having given this a bit of thought I think it has to do with a person and a car seen in the vicinity of the white truck at Skyline School that they think was Terri's accomplice. The Oregonian article also said they send requests for vehicle make, license, etc. to all Skyline parents. I think they have a description of a vehicle and they are trying to eliminate all know vehicles.

(A don't believe that the comment by O'Donnell means that they believe someone other than TH is the perp.)

If so, this would be exciting news. It could move the investgation closer to the person(s) who actually took Kyron... IMO, this would be a very positive development...

All JMO

IMO, this is the lens called, "There is more than one person to blame for Kyron disappearing."

Though I am hoping it's the lens of, "We were sure after that first weekend he was dead, but maybe he is alive?!"

Oh please, Dear God, don't let there be another white Ford truck involved!!!!

LOL - The possibility that Terri was set-up for this crime is always in the back of my mind. That thought started way back when the white truck was noticed at 3p and 2am on the dead end road and driven by a woman. Two white trucks would make it a real mess wouldn't it. :eek:

I'm sure that's not the case but I have a hard time figuring out all the intense focus on a white truck. We know Terri drove one that day. moo mho

Through a different lens? Why do they say such confounding things. Does it mean they are focusing in on someone else, taking a better look at something, looking thru a rose colored lens, or looking in a completely different direction......Terri was the main focus at first, so maybe they are thinking there are other reasons for what has happened. I know I have my suspicions about a few things.

Hi all - first time poster, here!

I find interesting this comment made by LE (8-11-10):

"Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Rod Underhill said a witness, or witnesses, have reported seeing someone else by the Hormans' extended-cab pickup while it was parked in front of the school between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.

Authorities are seeking to identify the person, or persons, who may have been spotted by the truck as it was parked outside the school's front fence in the shoulder of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. Someone possibly moved the pickup and parked it up a gravel path in front of the school's playground while Terri Moulton Horman was inside the school with her stepson for his science fair."

I haven't been aware of this detail until now, and do not recall hearing this during the presser. Perhaps this, too, may explain LE beginning to view things through a different lens, now that at least one witness has come forward with this information. I'm aware that LE has been looking for a possible accomplice for some time, and this seems to (hopefully) cement things rather solidly, at least in terms of some actual (or possible, unsubstantiated?) sightings. I understand that LE is calling for more witnesses to verify this information, and deeply hope that something will come of this!

Here is my take on a "different lens" statment. (just my guess who knows what they were talking about? that might be the latest catch phrase at the office this week, lord knows my Husband comes home with them and drives me nuts with it too).

A different lens. The facts haven't changed the way they are looking at them have.

For example: You or I have a first love. That love is of course unique and we are head over heels smitten. Then that love breaks our heart. Lies to us, betrays us in the worst possible way.

The next time we fall in love, we see love (usually) through the lens of experience and are more cautious. (bad analogy but I'm famous for them, just ask my kids :))

So they have the same facts, the same investigative findings but something has happened that has made them look at those in a different way.

Whatever they meant by it, I don't think it's a good thing for whoever they suspect in having done something to Kyron. JMHO.

"Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Rod Underhill said a witness, or witnesses, have reported seeing someone else by the Hormans' extended-cab pickup while it was parked in front of the school between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.

Authorities are seeking to identify the person, or persons, who may have been spotted by the truck as it was parked outside the school's front fence in the shoulder of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. Someone possibly moved the pickup and parked it up a gravel path in front of the school's playground while Terri Moulton Horman was inside the school with her stepson for his science fair."

I haven't been aware of this detail until now, and do not recall hearing this during the presser. Perhaps this, too, may explain LE beginning to view things through a different lens, now that at least one witness has come forward with this information. I'm aware that LE has been looking for a possible accomplice for some time, and this seems to (hopefully) cement things rather solidly, at least in terms of some actual (or possible, unsubstantiated?) sightings. I understand that LE is calling for more witnesses to verify this information, and deeply hope that something will come of this!

So they're saying someone else moved it...

I hope no parents or teachers at Skyline, or anyone the parents or teachers know such as relatives attending the Science Fair, own a white truck and drove it that day.

Sort of OT, but I cant seem to find anything in the forum on todays presser? I didnt get to watch it and Im bummed.

I didn't watch it either. From what I have gleaned there was no real news just pleas (please).

Welcome Pugnolia!! Great first post. (What's your picture of? I've been trying to figure it out and now I can't go to bed until I ask.) :)

Hi Breathe!

It's Solomon Seal, a perennial native herb, in my garden in Pa.

Polygonatum biflorum

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100