The 4th Focus: Identifying a Witness who Parked Prior to 8:45 AM

Wondergirl

Reaction score
I can't find this specific topic under discussion, so, hopefully this is not duplicated. I do wonder about the wording, in my Quote #1. It seems as if LE is very specifically looking for the identity of "A" witness.

LE knows of someone who was there, IMO. LE knows they were there PRIOR to 8:45 am.

Quote #1:

(sorry for allcaps, as in PDF)

ON JUNE 4.

THE FOURTH FOCUS SEEKS THE IDENTITY OF A WITNESS WHO PARKED THEIR VEHICLE BEFORE 8:45 AM ON JUNE 4TH IN THE SKYLINE SCHOOL PARKING LOT ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE LOT (SEE PHOTO ON FOLLOWING PAGE)—IF YOU PARKED YOUR VEHICLE IN THAT DESCRIBED AREA PLEASE CONTACT LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER, THE YEAR, MAKE & MODEL, COLOR, AND LICENSE PLATE NUMBER OF THE VEHICLE PARKED IN THE SCHOOL LOT.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-08/1276/37434/081110_PressConferenceFlier.pdf

Quote #2:

While O'Donnell acknowledged that investigators worked to identify everyone who was at the school the morning of June 4 after Kyron went missing, he said that as the inquiry continued detectives developed leads that have them looking at information "through a different lens."

Authorities may not have previously obtained details on where visitors parked at the school that day and may now want to question those who parked on the south side about whether they saw anyone besides Terri Horman in or near the white pickup or if they saw Kyron Horman outside before 8:45 a.m.

Authorities also have e-mailed their requests to Skyline staff, faculty and parents.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

My take on it was there was a car there that some remember seeing but it has not been accounted for yet. It may have nothing to do with it, but then again...it could mean alot.

"seeks the identity of a witness"

that part of the fourth focus makes me think that they are seeking the identity of an annonymous tipster who parked in the south lot

A reporter noted that if parked in that lot, you have a good view of where they pictured the truck parked on the road / access drive.

Press conference video at approx 14:04:

Reporter: And on this photo, are you asking for anyone who was parked in this, this parking lot to call about (a bit unintelligible - every make of their car?) that was parked there?

Gates: Yes, that's what he was asking.

Detective: What I want to identify is the parents, it's more likely going to be parents who were attending the science fair. Sometimes in an investigation you look through it with a different lens than you do the very first day that it occurs. When you go back and you rethink of all the events and the information you have, you see bits and pieces of the investigation that you need clarification on. This is simply one of these events that we're looking for clarification on. The parents, the guests, the staff only in the area that I have depict (sic) in the photograph. We'd like them to call the tip line.

Full raw press conference video Wednesday, August 11, 2010:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8862...deo_watch_the_kyron_hor_1.html&medium=8862580

Was it ever clarified whether there was any overflow parking at the school that day?

My take on the flier was LE wanted to solicit the identity of whoever may have parked in or near the exact location that Kaine Horman's truck was parked that morning.

Not that they are looking for another vehicle as an accomplice to Kyron's disappearance but, rather to cement their witnesses accounts of that morning where each witness remembers seeing an individual inside or near Kaine Horman's truck.

There are times I think they're trying to confirm whether or not Terri's truck was in front of the school and later moved, and there are other times when I think your comment in another thread, BeanE, is whats' going on here -- they are zeroing in on another vehicle, not the white truck, by process of elimination.

Maybe both...maybe they think Terri or someone moved the truck and there's another vehicle involved.

There are at least two other threads with the same topic:

Where Terri parked at the school
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111503"]Where Terri parked at the school - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A different Lens? Your thoughts?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111558"]A different Lens? Your thoughts? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[/U]Authorities may not have previously obtained details on where visitors parked at the school that day and may now want to question those who parked on the south side about whether they saw anyone besides Terri Horman in or near the white pickup or if they saw Kyron Horman outside before 8:45 a.m.

Authorities also have e-mailed their requests to Skyline staff, faculty and parents. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

There are times I think they're trying to confirm whether or not Terri's truck was in front of the school and later moved, and there are other times when I think your comment in another thread, BeanE, is whats' going on here -- they are zeroing in on another vehicle, not the white truck, by process of elimination.

Maybe both...maybe they think Terri or someone moved the truck and there's another vehicle involved.

I lied...I am going to say it again. IF TH didn't disappear kyron then LE has given whomever did a 2 month head start by not doing this sooner. IMO, they should have started at the school (investigatively) and worked their way out. (while still searching for Kyron everywhere). YES, I do believe that even if it was 12:30am, 2:00am, 6:00am whatever the case may be they should have been knocking on doors and asking "where you at the science fair today and if so could you tell us where you parked approximately, what the cars looked like around yours, and if you noticed anything suspicious?..K, thanks"
:banghead:

Ummm, why wouldn't LE have already asked visitors where they parked the day the boy went missing?????

I wonder if the media will get a hold of the email that was sent out to the staff, volunteers and parents, requesting information, or if it the same information as the PDF that was posted on the Newsalert site?

I am wondering if they are looking for witnesses who may be able to shed light on whether the mystery adult in the truck while Terri and Kyron where in school arrived already in the vehicle or wether the adult parked in the lot and then got into Terri's vehicle while she was within the school building and awaited her return. This could lead them to a vehicle description if they are having dificulty identifying the myster adult. Just a thought.

Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Terri says she left at 8:45. Why are they interested in a car that was parked prior to 8:45? Maybe it's because they have witness who says they saw her truck parked and saw her get in it and leave, but the witness isn't sure of the time. If they were looking for someone who parked in that space after, then it would be after 8:45. Why are they looking for someone who parked their car before 8:45? And not say 9:00, or whatever. This part is so confusing to me. Is it because they think TH left earlier than that? And they want to see if anyone parked in that place after her and what time they got there. I'm soooo confused.

Why couldn't it be DD's car they are trying to identify, if she was reported to be a work at 9:00 she could have been at the school until 8:45 and at work by 9:00. MIO

Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Terri says she left at 8:45. Why are they interested in a car that was parked prior to 8:45? Maybe it's because they have witness who says they saw her truck parked and saw her get in it and leave, but the witness isn't sure of the time. If they were looking for someone who parked in that space after, then it would be after 8:45. Why are they looking for someone who parked their car before 8:45? And not say 9:00, or whatever. This part is so confusing to me. Is it because they think TH left earlier than that? And they want to see if anyone parked in that place after her and what time they got there. I'm soooo confused.

Maybe TH met her accomplice at the school? TH exited her truck and left it unlocked. The accomplice entered her truck and waited for her to return. Maybe a witness saw this happen.

For me, it would be strange to see a person sitting in the car with the science fair going on. Why would this person sit in the truck rather than going in? That would draw my attention.

Why couldn't it be DD's car they are trying to identify, if she was reported to be a work at 9:00 she could have been at the school until 8:45 and at work by 9:00. MIO

I was wondering the same thing. After all the DD news, it could be that a tip came in saying they think they saw a blue Ford Explorer (IIRC, that's what DD drives, doesn't she) parked @ the school. If so, it's possible, IMO, LE might be trying to determine is a parent of a student drives a similar vehicle.

LE asked for very specific info - make/model, color, & license plate number.

Although with the new DD timeline that just recently came out, it's now reported that she was missing from work from about 9:45 or 10:00 until about 1:00, so this idea may not float, so I'm thinking it's more than likely that LE may be trying to determine if the white truck was moved, or if there may have been two white trucks parked out front.

I was wondering the same thing. After all the DD news, it could be that a tip came in saying they think they saw a blue Ford Explorer (IIRC, that's what DD drives, doesn't she) parked @ the school. If so, it's possible, IMO, LE might be trying to determine is a parent of a student drives a similar vehicle.

LE asked for very specific info - make/model, color, & license plate number.

Although with the new DD timeline that just recently came out, it's now reported that she was missing from work from about 9:45 or 10:00 until about 1:00, so this idea may not float, so I'm thinking it's more than likely that LE may be trying to determine if the white truck was moved, or if there may have been two white trucks parked out front.

Yes, but they are trying to identify who might have been at the school, to move Kaines truck, it could have been DD. She then drove her own vehicle to her job, gotten there at 9:00. Terry went to FM by 9:12, we don't have the exact time she left the other FM. Drove to DD's job, a little after 10:00, picked DD up and did what ever the hello they did between 10:00 something, went to the gym, we haven't been told if DD was at the gym or not, dropped DD back at her job, went home, did her face book and E-mails.

Yes, but they are trying to identify who might have been at the school, to move Kaines truck, it could have been DD. She then drove her own vehicle to her job, gotten there at 9:00. Terry went to FM by 9:12, we don't have the exact time she left the other FM. Drove to DD's job, a little after 10:00, picked DD up and did what ever the hello they did between 10:00 something, went to the gym, we haven't been told if DD was at the gym or not, dropped DD back at her job, went home, did her face book and E-mails.

Don't forget Terri's other trip to Fred Meyer around 10:00 a.m.

BeanE has a pretty solid theory on the connect the dots thread and the reason for the witness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back