1123 users online (232 members and 891 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Spectacular Meteor Shower and Rare Planet Alignment Coincide

The annual Perseid meteor shower is already putting on an excellent show, and the celestial fireworks have yet to peak. The main event is tonight. Meanwhile, a delightfully tight configuration of planets graces the evening sky.

Rarely has there been a better time to go out, look up and enjoy easy-to-watch cosmic spectacles.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201008...gnmentcoincide

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

ARGHHHHHH! Every stinking time something really cool like this happens....the forcast is HEAVY CLOUDS AND RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't rained in two weeks....today...TODAY it decides to rain!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

justice77Guest
    I really really really hope I remember to get outside to check it out tonight...I'm really looking forward to it

I watch the sky every night and lately it's been spectacular. Two nights ago I did see a falling star just moments after sunset. I am looking forward to tonight's display.
    Just My Opinion

raining & cloudy here too

I agree, the sky has been awesome lately, we've been star watching a lot. I am sure tonight won't disappoint.
    Can't wait!

Thanks! Its a clear night here. We're gonna go out and look up!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Sky is clear here, thanks for the heads up I'll go outside later to enjoy a little fire and do some star gazing!

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

I'm in California, 10:21 PM, not a cloud in the sky - I can see all the stars, but no action yet. Can I anticipate seeing anything tonight? I'm at 4K feet.

Thanks!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I'm in California, 10:21 PM, not a cloud in the sky - I can see all the stars, but no action yet. Can I anticipate seeing anything tonight? I'm at 4K feet.

Thanks!

Mel
    We watch every night and just came in (AZ here) tonight was very pretty for the alignment but fewer ''falling stars'' than other nights -- in a bit I am going back out to see if there are any late bloomers
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    We watch every night and just came in (AZ here) tonight was very pretty for the alignment but fewer ''falling stars'' than other nights -- in a bit I am going back out to see if there are any late bloomers
    Thanks, I'll stay up as late as my little peeps let me

Mel

Thanks, I'll stay up as late as my little peeps let me

Mel
    I am at 3600 ft elevation not that far below you!! -- hope you have a nice cool adult beverage on the patio too.
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    I am at 3600 ft elevation not that far below you!! -- hope you have a nice cool adult beverage on the patio too.
    Hubby just got home from biz trip - bought me a nice bottle of wine Haven't seen anything yet though. How about you?

Mel

Ok,I live in Alabama, and the sky has been very clear lately. I read about the meteor shower,and the sky is extremely clear. I went out and looked up for a while. Saw some activity that could have been meteor material - looked like falling stars, tho, so maybe that is what it was. Trying to go in and out quietly, since dh is sleeping and he gets up sooooo early - usually by 5am!!

Hubby just got home from biz trip - bought me a nice bottle of wine Haven't seen anything yet though. How about you?

Mel
    Just stepped out on the porch facing NE and nope -- pitch black (lots of stars) but no action -- am thinking I will have to rise early to ''catch it'' we were out at sunset and saw nothing. Lucky you with the wine....I just have beer LOL.
    Just My Opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast