Kyron Sighting in Pickup Truck - Begining of the Case. Remember?

WillenFan21

Reaction score
Someone aside from me will remember this. In the beginning of this case wasn't there a sighting on the highway of a little boy who looked like Kyron in a white truck? The person that reported it said the little boy looked scared. Does anyone remember this? They should go back to this tip and get a hold of that driver. JMO

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5472510/missing_kyron_horman_possible_sighting.html?cat=49

Kyron Horman Sighting - Did Truck Driver See Horman?

David Vaughan, a truck driver who was driving down Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon, claims to have seen a child resembling Kyron Horman. Vaughan told authorities he was driving down Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County when a pickup truck suddenly turned in front of him. In an effort to avoid a collision the black or grey truck, Vaughan slammed his breaks.

The truck driver recalled seeing a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman. He described the boy looking startled and said, "I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call."

Vaughan said an FBI agent called him back Monday regarding the tip he gave. Nothing more has been reported on this, but it's one of 1,200 tips ongoing in the search for missing Kyron Horman.

I remember this, but the article says the truck he saw was black or gray.

A dark colored truck,though. IMO the boy might have appeared "startled" because there was almost a collision ?

All JMO

or a dark truck was used also??? oh man the possibilities in this case!!!
A huge Tangled WEB!!

or a dark truck was used also??? oh man the possibilities in this case!!!
A huge Tangled WEB!!

That was my 1st thought. Would people consider DS's SUV a dark truck? Hmmmm....

This sighting was on Saturday afternoon, so we would not expect anyone to have seen Kyron in the white truck on that day. The issue was whether this could possibly have been him (with someone other than TH). And I agree that a near-collision could be enough to cause a boy to become startled! JMO

This sighting was on Saturday afternoon, so we would not expect anyone to have seen Kyron in the white truck on that day. The issue was whether this could possibly have been him (with someone other than TH). And I agree that a near-collision could be enough to cause a boy to become startled! JMO

Did Kryon go missing on Friday?

ETA He did go missing on Friday. My thoughts are this... What if she stashed him somewhere Friday and then Saturday swapped vehicles and picked him up. I mean she was gone for only 2 hours and it is completely plausible they stashed him for the first hours of him being gone because the reports that would be coming in.

Yes. So by Saturday police were all over and the whereabouts of the truck and the family members was known.

but my point is he could have been stashed or taken to someone else with a pick up truck until the next day. I don't see why they shouldn't look into it.

I remember this, but if IIRC, this was definitely looked into.

There's an article about a driver seeing a truck near Logie Trail Rd (??) on Friday at 9:30 AM...somewhere...scouring the internets for linky-poos. ;)

Do we know if there might be cameras on that Road?

Thanks for refreshing my memory :)

Yes, it was a guy named Chas. I looked it up this afternoon.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=8

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

“Chas” said he's been following Kyron's disappearance since day 1, and when police released the flier asking the public to come forward with any information if they had seen Terri Horman or the white truck the day Kyron disappeared. That's when “Chas” remembered back to June 4th and called the tip line.

“The next day, I called again, and gave a little bit more detailed information because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe I didn't give enough information."

Now 10 days later, “Chas” was left feeling a little frustrated.

but my point is he could have been stashed or taken to someone else with a pick up truck until the next day. I don't see why they shouldn't look into it.

Agreed. My point was just that it is not relevant that the truck the witness saw wasn't WHITE. It wouldn't be expected to be white. If someone had him on Saturday, it wouldn't have been someone in the Hormans' truck.

JMO

Agreed. My point was just that it is not relevant that the truck the witness saw wasn't WHITE. It wouldn't be expected to be white. If someone had him on Saturday, it wouldn't have been someone in the Hormans' truck.

JMO

They did search that area (HWY 26/Salmonberry) early on.

No, I cannot provide a link, but I am a verified local.

I remember this, but the article says the truck he saw was black or gray.

Yes but remember IF for some reason it was not TH or DDS that did this Kyron could be in any type vehicle. The fact there wasn't more follow up leads me to believe they focused in of TH right in the beginning.

There were so many people reporting seeing children who "resembled Kyron" that parents were going on the news to say, "See my kid? He might look like Kyron, but he's NOT Kyron."

There were even members of WS who called in a sighting of a child in a white VW bug on a video. Not Kyron.

I recall LE addressing these truck sightings early on and saying they had ruled them out, but can't find the link.

Yes but remember IF for some reason it was not TH or DDS that did this Kyron could be in any type vehicle. The fact there wasn't more follow up leads me to believe they focused in of TH right in the beginning.

I don't think so--because no one would have thought Kyron was in the white truck on Saturday, regardless of who took him.

ETA: In other words, he could have been in ANY TYPE OF VEHICLE by Saturday, whether TH took him or whether it was someone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back