AZ AZ - Vicki Faraci Cruz, 48, Phoenix, 8 Aug 2010

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
This is the first I've heard about this case, and it's so sad. I'm posting it here in hopes that you awesome Websleuthers may be able to generate some leads or theories, especially for Vicki's family. Seems like cops have little to go on right now :(

Woman Walking Dogs Disappears, Body Found Near New River

A murder mystery is unfolding, after a woman’s body was found in a desert near New River Monday.

Vicki Lynn Faraci Cruz’s daughter said she is still in shock after learning of the news.

“She was good-hearted, she was fun,” said Amanda Faraci. “She would do anything for anyone.”

The woman, who friends say was larger than life, has been immortalized as the largest pinup in Arizona in a mural on 16th Street and Glendale Avenue.

Faraci Cruz was last seen in Phoenix at 32nd Street and Grovers Avenue around 6 p.m. last Sunday, according to a press release from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

One of her friends said she was walking to her daughter’s house with her two dogs after her car broke down.

“It’s just unbelievable,” said Carolina, a woman who lives in that area, who did not reveal her last name. “You live in the neighborhood for such a long time, and now you can’t even walk around, walking your dogs without fearing that you’re going to get kidnapped or something is going to happen to you.”

Faraci said her mother lost her job and was staying with different friends in the Phoenix area.

She vanished with her two dogs, a Dalmatian and a Dalmation-Pit Bull mix.

Faraci Cruz was found just off the I-17 freeway in the New River area Monday, according to Faraci.

“Someone murdered my mother and left her in a desert, so it’s mostly shocking right now,” said Faraci. “I don’t know if the reality of it has sunk in yet, because more than anything, I just feel angry right now. I’m just angry.”

She said she suspects her mother knew her killer, someone who took advantage of her during a difficult time in her life.

Snipped from: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ng-dogs-disappears,-body-found-near-new-river

It's interesting that she had 2 dogs with her when she disappeared, one being a rott. mix.

Seems like that might deter a stranger.........maybe that's why the daughter suspects she knew her killer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back