Dr. Removes Growing Pea Plant From Man's Lung!!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

...Reeves doesn’t have more details about Sveden’s situation than what’s been reported in the news media, but he points out that this could happen only with raw peas or beans or peanuts. Cooked peas or other legumes cannot germinate or sprout. Reeves says a raw peanut could easily sprout, as could dried peas, after soaking in water. “Those are quite capable of germinating.”

Spillane says children, in particular, are known to have a peanuts go down the wrong way and get lodged in the lung, which is a very serious problem. “Kids have died from that stuff,” he says.

Spillane is a little surprised at all the attention this story had received. He says removing objects from patients’ lungs happens frequently. “A week later [after Sveden’s surgery], I pulled a tooth out [of another patient]."

Dr. Steve Georas, a pulmonologist in Rochester, New York, agrees. He says people inhale things into their lungs frequently, probably because the trachea and the esophagus are so close to each other. “We had a similar case at the University of Rochester where I practice. A patient had a pea wedged in his bronchus – it didn't turn into a plant."...

I've heard of inhaling your food but c'mon. :crazy:

Wow that is so weird but to say its common, I wonder about that one. Crazy though!!

I have a friend who's nephew, who was a toddler, inhaled a popcorn seed. He passed away. It was sad and shocking.

I wonder if that could be the wave of the future: eating sprouts that mature in your body (although preferably in your stomach). Like an edible chia pet. You could drastically cut down on what you eat.

And thanks for posting this after I ate a bowl full of fresh peas.

I wonder if that could be the wave of the future: eating sprouts that mature in your body (although preferably in your stomach). Like an edible chia pet. You could drastically cut down on what you eat.

And thanks for posting this after I ate a bowl full of fresh peas.

Good! You deserve to be pea'd off.

See what happens when you try to eat healthy, or become a vegetarian ;) No peas for me!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong