Horman family pets

SurfieTX

Reaction score
I know they had a cat because Kyron was feeding it that fateful morning. I wonder if they had a dog? The reason I ask is - I am pet sitting another dog this weekend. Our dog (a doberman) is EXTREMELY protective over my 10 y/o daughter. I'm sitting her laughing because he will not let her out of his sight while this other dog is around. He also gets agitated if I raise my voice at my daughter, tickle her or do anything he sees as possibly trying to hurt her.

I wonder if Kyron had a dog who was protective over him.

Just some Saturday morning ramblings. :)

The Hormans had at least one cat. I remember reading a transcript of how Kaine described the last time he saw Kyron that morning. He said that Kyron fed the family cat (outside, I think) and then came back in where Kaine gave Kyron a hug and wished him to have a good day. I'll try and find the link. It's June 25th I think.

The pet thing is is important for forensic evidence. Pet hairs would be on his clothes no matter how clean the clothes were the day he went missing.

Also on Saturday, Kyron's family answered written questions from reporters, saying the second grader was a “very loving child” who enjoyed playing with Hot Wheels cars, his cat Bootsy and his dog Ernie (in Medford). He hoped to be a police detective or an investigator when he grows up, said sheriff’s Capt. Mike Shults, who is working closely with the family.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127576029009015000

The Hormans had at least one cat. I remember reading a transcript of how Kaine described the last time he saw Kyron that morning. He said that Kyron fed the family cat (outside, I think) and then came back in where Kaine gave Kyron a hug and wished him to have a good day. I'll try and find the link. It's June 25th I think.

The pet thing is is important for forensic evidence. Pet hairs would be on his clothes no matter how clean the clothes were the day he went missing.

Here is a link from the "Early Show" from June 25th:

"Kaine recalled the fateful morning when he last spoke with his son. "When I saw him that morning, I was on way my way to work. He and I talked in our front yard," said Horman. "He was out feeding our cat, heading back inside. Just gave each other a big hug, told him to have a great day at the science fair with his project, that I was proud of him for all the effort and just the amazing project he put together and to just have a wonderful day."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/25/earlyshow/main6617351.shtml

Also on Saturday, Kyron's family answered written questions from reporters, saying the second grader was a “very loving child” who enjoyed playing with Hot Wheels cars, his cat Bootsy and his dog Ernie (in Medford). He hoped to be a police detective or an investigator when he grows up, said sheriff’s Capt. Mike Shults, who is working closely with the family.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127576029009015000

Is Bootsy still with Kaine? I am assuming he/she is, just checking.

A cat named "bootsie"
A baby sister named "Kit**"?
I think that would be funny for a 2nd grader. I guess that is better than the other way around, though.

Thanks SurfieTx for your early Sat. morning rambles!

I wonder why the family cat had to eat outside? I've had quite a few cats and most went outside to do their business, but we always allowed them to sleep inside at night and to eat inside. Food outside draws other animals, birds try to eat their food, and can draw insects.

I wonder why the family cat had to eat outside? I've had quite a few cats and most went outside to do their business, but we always allowed them to sleep inside at night and to eat inside. Food outside draws other animals, birds try to eat their food, and can draw insects.

Maybe the baby kept getting into the cat's food and it was just easier to put it outside? I would have put it up on something high...but thats me.

Maybe the same reason my kids cat had to stay outside I am allergic to cats but didn't have the heart to tell them they couldn't have it after it was dump on us.

Hi Surfie,
I have two dobermans right now: one that is my own and then one that I "babysit" the majority of the year. I might be getting an adorable golden retriever that was my aunt's before she died earlier this year. My mom already has two standard poodles and she can't stand the shedding! :crazy:

Anyway, I wonder how Ernie acted when Terri was around Kyron. My babies have always been protective of me. They will come and sit in front of me if someone comes over that she doesn't like. Most of them have/wound would go into an "alert" stance if we are walking and someone they don't like is around us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back