CA CA - Dena McHan, 18, Stockton, 6 December 1981

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 891DFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/891dfca.html

Dena Viola McHan
Missing since June 7, 1981 from Stockton, San Joaquin County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: October 23, 1962
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs. (59 kg.)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; green eyes.
•Clothing: She was wearing a thick white sweater, Jordache jeans that were three sizes too big for her, brown wool pants, nylons and open-toed heels.
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
McHan was last seen on June 7, 1981. She failed to return to her Stockton home from a visit to Sacramento. She left the home of a friend, near California State University between 02.00-03.00, and has not been seen since. She was driving a yellow 1973 Toyota with a black vinyl top.
She left all her possessions at home, had little money on her, and never claimed her last check from work.
Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Stockton Police Department
209-937-8377

Agency Case Number: 81507

NCIC Number: M-307398864
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mchan_dena.html

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4758817310877

I do not find Dena listed in NamUs at this time.

http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_3e561aa7-9215-5fd3-8228-fcedd15ba5ca.html?mode=story
Updated: 7:52 am, Sat Aug 14, 2010.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is offering a $50,000 reward for information on the disappearance of a woman whose cousin — a state lawmaker — is fighting to keep convicted killer Loren Herzog behind bars.

Dena Viola McHan, 19, vanished on her way home from Sacramento to Stockton on Dec. 7, 1981. Her car was never found, and the last time someone saw McHan, she was getting gas near Lodi and two men were bothering her.

Attachments

• 4c66ad85eca1f_preview-300.jpg
    4c66ad85eca1f_preview-300.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 199
I wonder who these men were and if police followed up on locating them. It would be helpful to have released a sketch of them.

NamUs UP # 4920
Does anyone know how to check if this UID has been checked against Dena? I saw the list of ruled-out on the site but didn't see her name so I was wondering if this has been explored. Any help would be appricated, Thanks!

Does anyone know the exact date of her disappearance? Namus lists December 6, 1981 and Doe network lists June 7, 1981. Even recent news stories aren't consistent. :banghead:

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

don't think her killers were the speed freak guys. interesting how she didn't seem scared.

From what I can gather from what I have read. They did not start their killing till they graduated High school in 1986. But right now with what they are finding who know.

They graduated from high school in 1984, and the first murders attributed to them took place shortly thereafter. Paul Cavanaugh, Howard King, and Kimberly Billy were all killed in 1984.

Dena McHan went missing three years earlier, so it is unlikely that she is one of their victims.

I dont know if the Speed freak killers can be ruled out on anyone missing from 1980 till they were arrested.

Loren Herzog was a big man, over 6' and 200 pounds. These two were so dimented that yes I could see them killing when they were 15 or 16 years old. They felt they could do anything and get away with it. Take Michaela gareght as an example. If Herzog is the one that took her, he did it in broad daylight, 10am in front of witnesses. These two were brazen killers by the time Chevy Wheeler went missing..........I dont think she was their first!

I also believe almost anyone in Stockton, CA who vanished amongst these decades are possible victims of the SFK. These guys were demented, and seeing a pretty girl like Dena, who knows what risks they would have taken.
I agree with you Leprikawn, if they took Michaela (which it's looking like it), which was in broad daylight, I think anything is possible.

i think the guy who took jaycee dugard is also a good fit for the taking of michaela.

i think the guy who took jaycee dugard is also a good fit for the taking of michaela.

He has been ruled out. The Hayward police interviewed him, Nancy, and Jaycee, and gave them polygraph tests. after searches of the property and not finding any evidence, they said they were no longer suspects.

it sure sounded like Phillip was the man when Jaycee was found. I have always hoped that the ending Jaycee had, would be the same for Michaela.

I still think garrido is possible. people can pass polygraph tests and still be guilty

I also thought he did because Michaela and Jaycee have similar features. And if Garrido took Michaela, it would be possible she's still alive. I think he is a sick man, but I dont think he is a killer.

However, I do not think he is the one who took Michaela now.

I wonder if Thomas Francis Edwards might have been involved in Dena's disappearance. She might be a bit older than his favored age group: 10 - 14 year old girls, but she was a blonde and he had a fetish for blonde hair.

He shot two 12-year-old girls in California on 19 September 1981, was captured, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death. After years of appeals, his final appeal was denied in 2008. He died in 2009 and about that same time, old DNA was tested in Maryland proving that he had murdered two women there in 1970.

Just read about Leonard lake and Charles ng who were serial killers in California in early 80s, they have connected them to a number of victims, but say as many as 25 victims possible based on the amount of bone pieces found on the property... I wonder if she or other missing people were victims of these two?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back