Why weren't LE looking for an accomplice before now?

cypress

Reaction score
If LE had information early on that there was a mystery person by, in, or around Terri's truck, why weren't they asking the general public for help identifying this person? If the witness is credible and saw someone near the truck, shouldn't there be a description?

If there is a description, why isn't it being released? Why would LE release a questionnaire with Dede's picture on it and ask about her whereabouts, but not reveal the basic characteristics of the person supposedly seen by, in, or around Terri's truck?

Excellent question. I wish I knew the answer. Maybe they thought they had enough evidence and the GJ said no, they needed more.

If there is a description, why isn't it being released? Why would LE release a questionnaire with Dede's picture on it and ask about her whereabouts, but not reveal the basic characteristics of the person supposedly seen by, in, or around Terri's truck?

Most excellent question, my friend. With the Dede flier already out for days, and already out in the media for days, if it was Dede they were looking for, there's just no reason not to put her on the flier.

I don't think they're looking for anyone in particular. Any fish will do.

I've been wondering about this too. Why not give a description or sketch of this mystery person? Maybe the witness saw a shape or outline of an adult moving around inside of the truck and because of the angle or tinted windows, was not able to provide any more details except to say that they noticed someone at the truck that morning. I can't remember if LE stated that the witness saw someone inside of the truck or near the truck. If this mystery person/accomplice was near the truck, maybe this person was seen through to the other side of the truck, through the side windows. KWIM?

My feeling is that when they found out about the throw away phones, they obtained information from said phones which led them to suspect a second person.

Also it is possible when they went to Dede she was less than cooperative which led them to give her another look. It was said in news stories the other friends were cooperating. Perhaps in the month or months since Kyron went missing her behavior has led investigators to question her activities that day also.

Purchasing phones under false names is another reason to look at people and what they may be trying to conceal IMO.
snip:

The woman added she and her friends wanted some level of privacy with their conversations, which they felt were being monitored by law enforcement. They also wanted to use phones with numbers not known to the press.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/100174784.html

It sure is easy nowadays to acquire cell phone numbers and tap into phone towers etc...I guess if I was going to be the target of public scrutiny I might want to get a private phone too. Who knows. Let's get back to why LE dropped the ball and never ran a parallel investigation looking into abduction. Also odd they never even bothered to interview the groundskeeper until two days ago...who else did they just flat out now know where up at the school that day?

They have been looking.
That's how they found Dede. They looked.

Dede may be the one they had to get to and convince to point to another accomplice.

It's possible the perp is an acquaintance of Dede's - and Dede didn't even realize it until LE helped her to realize it.

:shakehead:

JHMO.

I think there is a strong possibility they were looking for accomplices.
If they did obtain video, there is a strong possibility that they have had the best of technologist trying to zoom in on a person, with no avail. This is when they had no choice but to ask the public for assistance. I think they know who they are looking for, but need witnesses to help identify the person/person's in which their technology is unable to focus in on.

When do you think LE obtained the information about there being a mystery person near or in the Horman's truck?

If that info was obtained early on, why did LE wait nearly two months to act on that information and ask for the public's help in identifying the mystery person?

Why is there no sketch of the mystery person to help the public in identifying him or her?

grrrr....by all means protect your privacy! In the meantime, a little boy is gone....:furious:

ooops...should say I'm talking about the friends of Terri....

When do you think LE obtained the information about there being a mystery person near or in the Horman's truck?

If that info was obtained early on, why did LE wait nearly two months to act on that information and ask for the public's help in identifying the mystery person?

Why is there no sketch of the mystery person to help the public in identifying him or her?

It's possible that the witness only recently came forward.

My own opinion is that LE decided TH was suspicious from the getgo. DY's vitriol reinforced their presumption and I believe had much influence on KH's thinking and behavior, particularly toward his wife. I don't mean to be disrespectful or unsympathetic toward DY, but I do believe that TH was very poorly regarded and has not been given the respect that she's earned as the primary caregiver of Kyron. She certainly was more of a presence in the child's life than either bio parent, but particularly DY.

I do believe there is a tendency for individuals, including LE personnel, to seek evidence that supports their predispostion. This, again in moo, is unfiortunate, because sometimes that intense focus on one person causes tunnel vision to the extent that other equally conceivable avenues are not explored, at least not until much time has passed and the trail goes cold.

All that said, I still have no strong feeling whether she was involved or not. I hope the evidence that LE says it has is compelling enough to put any doubts to rest. I kind of think not.

As far as for WHEN LE obtained the information, that is something we probably aren't going to know for a while, if ever.

I believe that the reason they haven chosen NOW to ask for help from local witnesses (the public) is because they have decided that now is the right time in the investigation to do so. This is probably newly developed information.

As far as producing a sketch of who the possible mystery person is, it is probably an innocent person, if it is not DeDe, herself. (Even if DeDe is innocent, well, her picture is all over the new flyer). I think that the information they truly want is for someone to put her and a specific car together: They seem to know who the person is; they just need as many witnesses as possible to put DeDe with her car, alongside, or near, Terri and the Horman's white F-250.

That's my take on it.

If LE had information early on that there was a mystery person by, in, or around Terri's truck, why weren't they asking the general public for help identifying this person? If the witness is credible and saw someone near the truck, shouldn't there be a description?

So far LE has told us that they know a great deal more than they share, they don't share information about most facts and clues because they don't want to sully real witness info, and they do share what info they have when they want to jog memories to corroborate stories carrying relevant info. All of this makes sense to me. Which is why they don't release descriptions of potential mystery people until they comb through all "naive" descriptions (that is, descriptions made with no prior knowledge).

They've told us several times that this is why they're not releasing that type of information.

After all, we've heard various people combining the few clues the general public knows and weaving them into buzzword-laden tips... now I'm not saying some of these folks don't have the best of intentions and a real desire to help find Kyron, but it makes screening them by LE a lot easier if their only info contains only the info that was already broadcast on the news.

Far from seeming like they're casting around for just any old person, they've seemed incredibly focused in this case. I'm very encouraged.

IMO, LE knew more from the start, kept it quiet while searching for evidence as well as kidnapping.
I think they were on top of this from day 1. JMOO

I've thought from the get-go in this case that TMH did not act alone. I feel that she has likely played some role in Kyron's disappearance, but I don't think she did whatever "it" might be all by herself. jmo

My feeling is that when they found out about the throw away phones, they obtained information from said phones which led them to suspect a second person.

Also it is possible when they went to Dede she was less than cooperative which led them to give her another look. It was said in news stories the other friends were cooperating. Perhaps in the month or months since Kyron went missing her behavior has led investigators to question her activities that day also.

Purchasing phones under false names is another reason to look at people and what they may be trying to conceal IMO.
snip:

The woman added she and her friends wanted some level of privacy with their conversations, which they felt were being monitored by law enforcement. They also wanted to use phones with numbers not known to the press.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/100174784.html

Was going to say this, but you already did, Thanks. Sometimes during an investigation they come across leads that makes them look through a different lens.

No one in the public has a time line for when LE obtained the information that there was a mystery person in or near the Horman truck. We don't know if it was early on or just recently obtained info.

As for the sketch, I don't think LE has enough details to have a police artist draw a sketch. I note from pictures of the Horman truck that it's got dark tinted windows.

If the mystery person was sitting in the truck, it may only be an outline of a person, but no real details........not even enough to say if the person was male or female.

If the person was standing outside the truck for a brief period of time, and the witness's angle of vision was blocked by an object - tree or another vehicle, it may likewise be difficult for the witness to give any details beyond saying there was a person standing by the truck.

It sure is easy nowadays to acquire cell phone numbers and tap into phone towers etc...I guess if I was going to be the target of public scrutiny I might want to get a private phone too. Who knows. Let's get back to why LE dropped the ball and never ran a parallel investigation looking into abduction. Also odd they never even bothered to interview the groundskeeper until two days ago...who else did they just flat out now know where up at the school that day?

Above BBM. And my question is how exactly is it KNOWN that LE has NOT run a parallel investigation?

It is NOT KNOWN. Just as the majority about the investigation is NOT KNOWN. we do NOT KNOW what avenues LE has looked into, run investigations, etc.

How could "the ball have been dropped" when Its an ACTIVE ON-GOING INVESTIGATION that has/and is productive investigation doesn't say anything except these men and women are doing everything in their power(working 7days a week)to seek justice in this case and at the same time professionally&ethically protecting the integrity of this case so that when the appropriate time comes that the guilty party responsible for Kyron no longer being here, LE along with the DA will have no problems successfully prosecuting that individual(s) to absolute fullest extent the law allows.

So if theres anger or frustration("dropping the ball")the appropriate place/person to place it on is the one or ones who have "disappeared" an innocent little boy named Kyron..

Something else that everyone has been wondering about is whether the mystery person is male or female. Even that simple detail is not being disclosed and it makes me wonder whether the witness saw a 'shape' moving around, either near or inside of the truck. If LE knows, then I would expect that piece of general info to be out there as soon as possible. Tips coming in could be followed up on or thrown out based on the gender alone.

About composite sketches: I wonder if the details would be so vague that the tipline would be ringing off the hook with people submitting their info about Joe Blow in the description. I don't know, just speculating.

May I be honest? I dont understand the statement indicating they were not.....we have no idea what LE was looking for in all this time. Not being snarky-I think this case has been in total lockdown with the exception of what is being released in what seems to be a very controlled manner. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back