FL FL - Leah Van Schoick, 17, Plantation, 15 Aug 1982

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 285DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/285dffl.html

Leah Jean Van Schoick
Missing since August 15, 1982 from Plantation, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: March 4, 1965
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm.), 125 lbs (57 kg.)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on left thigh and a brown birthmark on the inside of left knee.
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available in CODIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Leah was last seen on August 15, 1982 in Plantation, Florida. The family living in New Jersey reported her missing after she failed to contact her family.

She had moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to live with a biker and worked at the Hallandale Beach bar. She is suspected to have been murdered by the biker she was living with at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New Jersey State Police
609-882-2000
--
Broward County Sheriff's Office
954-321-4735
Email Form
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: BS06-06-01594

NCMEC #: NCMC915648

NCIC Number: M-332034190
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vanschoick_leah.html

http://www.missingchildrenministries.org/?p=116
Posted October 16 2006

The family of Leah Jean Van Schoick, 17, also had trouble getting law enforcement to pay attention.

In August 1982, Van Schoick’s family in New Jersey reported the teen missing from her home near Fort Lauderdale and from the Hallandale Beach bar where she worked, Perry said. Van Schoick had moved to South Florida to live with a biker. Her family grew worried when she stopped calling.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office and Hallandale Beach police had pieces of information, but neither agency was handling the full investigation, Perry said.

Perry said she contacted the Sheriff’s Office and, in June, a detective was assigned to the case.

It might not change a thing.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...1_fbi-medical-examiners-unidentified-bodies/2
December 30, 2006 (page 2 of 3)

She reported her sister, Leah Jean Van Schoick, missing in August 1982. Van Schoick was 17 at the time, living with friends near Fort Lauderdale and working in a bar.

It's unclear where the teen vanished from, but relatives haven't heard from her in 24 years, Fix said.

"It's bad when they turn up dead, but when you don't even know...that's the worst," said Fix, who lives near Lakeland. "I want to at least put her to rest."

Scores of unidentified women with Van Schoick's dark blonde hair and hazel eyes have been buried in Florida over the years without anyone knowing their names, according to medical examiner records.
Like many of the unidentified dead, some of the women died homeless, others at the hands of a killer or drugs, a traffic wreck or by suicide.

"The more time that goes by, the less likely it becomes that we will be able to identify them," said Dr. Joshua Perper, head of the Broward Medical Examiner's Office.

There, the case files on unidentified remains date back to 1974, including at least 30 homicides.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6763/22/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Not available
DNA: Not available
Fingerprints: Not Available

Prayers for Leah's family that they find the answers that they seek. Come home soon. Leah has been missing 28 years today.

Attachments

• LSchoick.jpg
    LSchoick.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 45
  • LSchoick2.jpg
    LSchoick2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 46
  • LSchoick1.jpg
    LSchoick1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 44
I'm surprised that this case isn't getting much attention. Poor Leah and her family. Does anyone/LE have the name of suspect or POI? A young girl was here, lving and breathing, and someone took her away. She was someone's child, someone's grandchild, someone's friend. It's heartbreaking.

Leah Jean Van Schoick, 17, Missing since August 15, 1982 from Plantation, FL

Missing for over 30 years...

Leah Jean Van Schoick
Missing since August 15, 1982 from Plantation, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 4, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm.), 125 lbs (57 kg.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on left thigh and a brown birthmark on the inside of left knee.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance

Leah was last seen on August 15, 1982 in Plantation, Florida. The family living in New Jersey reported her missing after she failed to contact her family.

She had moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to live with a biker and worked at the Hallandale Beach bar.

She is suspected to have been murdered by the biker she was living with at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New Jersey State Police
609-882-2000

OR

Broward County Sheriff's Office
954-321-4735

Email:

http://sheriff.org/apps/contactus/

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: BS06-06-01594

NCMEC #: NCMC915648

NCIC Number: M-332034190

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Sun Sentinel
Belleville News 10/22/06
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 285DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/285dffl.html

There are many women and young girls who have been murdered by bikers in the early 80s. Many times the government works deals with these low life's in exchange for what they feel to be more important testimonies regarding other cases. I do not feel these sickos deserved to live let alone receive protection and deals from our country's government.

Here is an article describing some of the biker rivalries that went on in Florida in the 80s. It was non stop killing between the Outlaws and Hells Angels. They were truly monsters.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...ller-biker-turns-on-his-Outlaws-brothers.html

This is what they did to women!!!!

"The most gruesome charges were the executions of three Hell's Angels tied to cinder blocks and thrown in a rock pit. One ex-girlfriend was shot in the head with a spear-gun, and another was disemboweled and her body dragged from the back of a boat until it broke apart, prosecutors charged. After two years - the longest federal criminal trial in Florida history - six were convicted.

Prosecutors relied on the testimony of former club members and girlfriends - all vying for reduced sentences."

For more information regarding bikers killing women read about Dolores DellaPenna's case at the wiki page below. And I urge you to just type Dolores's name into google for a wealth of information you will be utterly shocked I assure you!

Dolores Della Penna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, it was very bad. I pray they find out what happened to her soon.

I'm incredibly confused.... Leah Jean VanSchoick is in the 1995 Hunterdon Central High School Yearbook. Unless there is another Leah Jean VanSchoick from New Jersey.

I'm incredibly confused.... Leah Jean VanSchoick is in the 1995 Hunterdon Central High School Yearbook. Unless there is another Leah Jean VanSchoick from New Jersey.
This Leah would have been 30 in 1995 (born in 1965)
Moo

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

This Leah would have been 30 in 1995 (born in 1965)
Moo

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

augh.... sorry. That's just strange they have the exact same name, but I know it happens. Thanks for clearing that up :blushing:

Do they have MTdna on this Jane Doe? Can someone please ask and see if Leah Jean Van Schoick. has been ruled out as this Jane Doe. She also had biker connections.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7193
I'm aware that this was posted over 3 years ago, but did you or anyone else ever ask about the DNA? I would be willing to email someone if nobody else has. Leah's name isn't on the exclusion list, so that's a good sign (well, as good as it can be... hopefully you know what I mean.)

There are many women and young girls who have been murdered by bikers in the early 80s. Many times the government works deals with these low life's in exchange for what they feel to be more important testimonies regarding other cases. I do not feel these sickos deserved to live let alone receive protection and deals from our country's government.

Here is an article describing some of the biker rivalries that went on in Florida in the 80s. It was non stop killing between the Outlaws and Hells Angels. They were truly monsters.

Toledo's killer biker turns on his Outlaws `brothers'

This is what they did to women!!!!

"The most gruesome charges were the executions of three Hell's Angels tied to cinder blocks and thrown in a rock pit. One ex-girlfriend was shot in the head with a spear-gun, and another was disemboweled and her body dragged from the back of a boat until it broke apart, prosecutors charged. After two years - the longest federal criminal trial in Florida history - six were convicted.

Prosecutors relied on the testimony of former club members and girlfriends - all vying for reduced sentences."

For more information regarding bikers killing women read about Dolores DellaPenna's case at the wiki page below. And I urge you to just type Dolores's name into google for a wealth of information you will be utterly shocked I assure you!

Dolores Della Penna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Feb 22 2020
CRIME HUNTER: Gruesome cold case murder still chills
''On July 12, 1972, Bill Withers’ soulful Lean on Me, was atop the charts, the iconic Rolling Stones LP, Exile on Main Street was the top album, everyone watched All in the Family and Now You See Him, Now You Don’t was winning at the box office.

On that day in Philadelphia, it was a broiling 91F.

It was also the last day of Dolores Della Penna’s young life. She stepped off a trolley and was never seen alive again.

The pretty 17-year-old was a popular high school student who favoured halter tops, faded jeans and brightly painted nails.''
In the intervening 48 years, details about her gruesome slaying have grown increasingly murky.

Officially, she lived in Philly’s Kensington area, a working-class Irish neighbourhood.

Dolores was reportedly snatched off the street, tortured, gang-raped and dismembered.

Her torso, arms and legs were scattered in a rural area in South Jersey. Her head has never been found but is believed stashed in the walls of a former clubhouse.

Philly cops suspect her boyfriend had stolen drugs from the wrong people — probably bikers — and Dolores paid the price.

No one has ever been charged in her murder.

crh4-e1582317737488.jpg

Cops have always suspected bikers killed the girl in a case of mistaken identity. POSTMEDIA
But those Polaroid-toned days of 1972 came flashing back Thursday.

Philly homicide detectives and forensics investigators spent the day digging. Looking to solve Dolores’s murder.

“The whole crew was here. City police, detectives, K9 they all came,” neighbour Frank Yang told FOX 29.

For eight hours they dug, smashing through concrete and deep into the ground looking for a clue that would finally put her heartless killers behind bars.

Sources told the TV station that cops now believe the biker gang mistakenly believed the pretty brunette was involved in a dope heist.

In the end, cops found nothing. Several suspects are now dead.
In 2013, a discarded statue was found at a Long Island construction site. No one knows where it came from.

On the back of the statue, there was a cryptic inscription: “My Wife Forever Della Penna.”

Feb 22 2020
CRIME HUNTER: Gruesome cold case murder still chills
''On July 12, 1972, Bill Withers’ soulful Lean on Me, was atop the charts, the iconic Rolling Stones LP, Exile on Main Street was the top album, everyone watched All in the Family and Now You See Him, Now You Don’t was winning at the box office.

On that day in Philadelphia, it was a broiling 91F.

It was also the last day of Dolores Della Penna’s young life. She stepped off a trolley and was never seen alive again.

The pretty 17-year-old was a popular high school student who favoured halter tops, faded jeans and brightly painted nails.''
In the intervening 48 years, details about her gruesome slaying have grown increasingly murky.

Officially, she lived in Philly’s Kensington area, a working-class Irish neighbourhood.

Dolores was reportedly snatched off the street, tortured, gang-raped and dismembered.

Her torso, arms and legs were scattered in a rural area in South Jersey. Her head has never been found but is believed stashed in the walls of a former clubhouse.

Philly cops suspect her boyfriend had stolen drugs from the wrong people — probably bikers — and Dolores paid the price.

No one has ever been charged in her murder.

crh4-e1582317737488.jpg

Cops have always suspected bikers killed the girl in a case of mistaken identity. POSTMEDIA
But those Polaroid-toned days of 1972 came flashing back Thursday.

Philly homicide detectives and forensics investigators spent the day digging. Looking to solve Dolores’s murder.

“The whole crew was here. City police, detectives, K9 they all came,” neighbour Frank Yang told FOX 29.

For eight hours they dug, smashing through concrete and deep into the ground looking for a clue that would finally put her heartless killers behind bars.

Sources told the TV station that cops now believe the biker gang mistakenly believed the pretty brunette was involved in a dope heist.

In the end, cops found nothing. Several suspects are now dead.
In 2013, a discarded statue was found at a Long Island construction site. No one knows where it came from.

On the back of the statue, there was a cryptic inscription: “My Wife Forever Della Penna.”

That's messed up, I don't think it has anything to do with Dolores. In fact some Della Penna's shorten the name several ways including plain Penn.

Dolores didn't live in Kensington. She was from Tacony. However she was coming home from Kensington the night she was grabbed. Literally almost at her front door.

She had been down the shore in Wildwood before this all happened and it is there it is believed she supposedly stole drugs from the wrong people. To this day I have never heard anyone say what drugs or even if it was her. Those years Philly was the meth capital of sorts and bikers had that tied up.

So within weeks of graduating from St. Hubert's she was murdered and her body chopped up after practicing a right of passage in those days. Going down the shore for Senior week and getting down there as much as possible.

In regards to Dolores's head it has been whispered for years to be in one house or another in Tacony. You still can't go past Vogt playground or pool and someone bring it up. Albeit the neighborhood there changed so bad it's not a place to go near.

Dolores's parents suffered terribly as well as neighbors, girls from Hubert's, and homicide Detectives of which some lived close by to Tacony.

Dolores was a little older than my friends and I, but her awful murder directly dictated where we could go or who we hung out with.

Dolores is never forgotten. That statue? If somebody did that for shock or as a joke that is disgusting.

Oh the statue/bust no longer a mystery. It is Lorraine Della Penna who is alive in Woodstock. Her husband Nick is the artist.

Sorry I can't link, but during a renovation type thing Lorraine got displaced.

It reminded me of the Amy Billig case but with the difference that Leah was of her own free will... there are women who are impressed with a guy who rides a motorcycle but generally they are criminals, thieves, murderers, etc., not all of them of course.
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv