Who Could Get Kyron Out of School More Easily (Unseen)? Terri or another person?

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Somebody got Kyron out of his school without him ever being seen after he was seen with Terri. Could Terri have gotten him out without being seen more easily than a predator could? Or could a predator get him out more easily without being seen than Terri could? No need to limit yourselves to Terri/predator, also other parents, staff, etc.

I think Kyron's kidnapping was a crime of opportunity. the perpetrator saw his/her chance to take a child that would serve their horrible purpose and took it. If he/she were spotted they could have aborted the abduction. but unfortunately for Kyron - they were not seen.

Oh...and i think a person without a 18 month old tagging along would have a easier time at stealing kyron without being seen than a person with one.

I think Terri. For her, being seen with Kyron was a good thing, showed he was there with his loving step-mom. All she had to worry about was getting him out of the building unnoticed, whether with her or separately. For a predator, being seen in the building, or seen luring Kyron, or especially being seen leaving with Kyron was a huge risk. Remember, it's a very small school and people know each other.

I think Terry could have gotten him out more easily and I think that is exactly what happened.

the person who stole kyron had to worry about getting him out of the building unnoticed - they saw an opportunity and took it.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell who this perpetrator is by looking at them. They can blend right in with the crowd.

I think Terry could have gotten him out more easily and I think that is exactly what happened.

Do you think she went out to the car and put the baby in then went back to the school for kyron and snuck him out? or do you think she had both kids in tow and they all snuck out together with no one seeing them?

I think Kyron was waiting by the door for a signal. I think he was following instructions from his mom that he tried very much to please.

It just occurred to me--IF Terri took Kyron out through that side (north) door that is near his classroom, she could easily have had him meet her there by that door, where she was waiting with baby K. (No mention of there having been a stroller at any point that I am aware of.)

So, they are seen together. She is seen heading out with the baby. Kyron walks to the stairs, which could very easily appear to be him going up to class. But instead he meets her at the door, there, to go for his doctor appointment. She could tell him they are going out that way because it is closer to where the car is parked on the street in front of the school (or not tell him anything, since he is a "timid" 7 year old and she is his stepmom, whom he trusts). Terri could be keeping an eye out to make sure no one can see them go out the door (in gwenabob's photo through the outside of that door, it was noted that it would be possible to be hidden from a view from inside the school there). They quickly go down the path that leads to where the truck is waiting and drive off. That seems much less risky than a non-parent taking him anywhere.

JMO

Do you think she went out to the car and put the baby in then went back to the school for kyron and snuck him out? or do you think she had both kids in tow and they all snuck out together with no one seeing them?

No, I think she was carrying baby K, told Kyron let's go, took him by the hand, and out they walked. There was no reason why she had to sneak to get him out. If someone had saw or questioned her, she could have easily said they forgot something in the truck or said there was a doctor's appt for him to go to. No reason for covert ops and no reason to sneak. JMO.

I've edited this title a bit... Since there is no MSM backup to the predator theory. :)......

I think Kyron was waiting by the door for a signal. I think he was following instructions from his mom that he tried very much to please.

I think I would not put my trust in a 7 year old to sneak out of school without being seen. There would be no way for her to know if he was really not seen. I don't see anyone taking that kind of risk.

I think I would not put my trust in a 7 year old to sneak out of school without being seen. There would be no way for her to know if he was really not seen. I don't see anyone taking that kind of risk.

But you are saying a predator took that kind of risk?

JMO.

Your second one.

I think it would be the predator. Terri would have to take Kyron out through the parking lot or down the access road. A predator could take Kyron from the rear of the school to the thick woods directly in back with less chance of being seen.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...line+Blvd,+Portland,+OR+97231-2604&FORM=MIRE1

Click aerial view to see how close the woods are.

But if you look at that aerial photo, you can see that the access road is actually much closer to the school than the woods is. To get to the woods, you have to go across that back lot (which, I believe, is where the buses park), and across the grass, whereas the path leading to the access road is directly outside the side door, and it is only a short walk to where the LE photos showed the truck having been parked.

ETA: And if someone were trying to get Kyron to go into the woods, Kyron would be more likely to resist than if his trusted stepmother were simply leading him to the car so they could go to the doctor's appointment or whatever.

Plus, would the predator have been hiding in the woods to begin with and come out of there to snatch a kid? Or would he have parked somewhere and have to return to his vehicle. In either case, would he have taken Kyron (or remains) with him? Because that whole area has been searched multiple times.

JMO

JMO. I think Terri walked him right out of that school with not a care in the world who saw them. She has every business in the world to have her child walk out to her truck with her and I think she knew enough about the school that it wouldn't attract attention or cause suspicion. MOO.

There is also the third possibility (however remote) that he wandered out of there on his own and was lost/fell/stung by bee/etc.

That said...

Rather than who, I'll address when. It seems to me that the most likely time for Kyron to leave undetected (accompanied or not) would be after the parents and other science fair visitors had left, and while the kids were either in the classrooms getting split up into touring groups, or while they were actually touring the exhibits. (Do we know exactly where the exhibits were? If they were in the gym/auditorium or other areas where there are no windows, then waiting until the touring started would have made it much less likely to have been noticed.)

If the kids were supposed to be in their classrooms at 8:45 (and allowing for some straggling), then I'd allow about another 10 minutes for the parents/guests to pretty much clear the parking lot. So what TH said in her email about them thinking it happened between 9 and 10 would be pretty accurate.

I've given this a lot of thought... I think its not so much a matter of nobody having seen them as much as it is nobody having recognized them.

I think it would have been easier for a non-descript (normal, not creepy looking) person to walk out with Kyron without anyone remembering that they had seen the event, assuming they were moving quickly and the witness was watching from a distance.

My reason is this.... My son, E, is about to start the 2nd grade. There are 5 boys in his class (its a teensy school) from across the playground, parking lot, lunchroom etc... 4 of them .. same relative size, ethnicity, basic coloring, etc ...look alike to me. I have had trouble picking out my own kid in such circumstances. Also the boys who are in the first and third grades look similar enough that I'd really be in trouble if I had identify them if they were all in a group. BUT... I know the parents.. if I saw Mom of B walking with a kid, I'll assume the kid was B... but if I see an adult that I don't know then I won't really notice the kid at all. I'll assume its a kid I don't know since I know most of the parents of the kids I do know. Does that make sense?

If I knew Terri and Kyron, and I saw Terry walking out with a kid, I'd be able to say that I saw Terri and Kyron leave, with a good level of certainty. If I saw a person I didn't know walking out with a kid, I wouldn't be able to necessarily say for sure that I saw Kyron and an unidentified person leaving, unless I had interacted with them enough to recognize that it was Kyron. But from a distance, not likely. I think a kid might have had a better chance of seeing Kyron leave with a stranger than an adult would, but I think the kids were primarily otherwise occupied, in a place where they didn't have good visibility of the parking lots.

But you are saying a predator took that kind of risk?

JMO.

No. the question was would someone risk asking kyron to sneak out of the school on his own - and then trust that he wasn't seen and I said I don't see anyone taking that kind of risk. I think the perpetrator took him out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back