2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

LiveLaughLuv

Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

Sources: George, Cindy Anthony's Attorney Quitting
Sources Say Move Result Of Defense's Recent Filings
POSTED: 5:51 am EDT August 16, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 am EDT August 16, 2010
Email Print
Comments (0)ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

According to sources, Conway's move comes as a result of a new filing by Anthony's defense in their ongoing dispute with Texas Equusearch.

In that filing, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, claims Conway was given unrestricted access to review 4,000 pages of volunteer documents while the defense has not been given the same access.

If and when Judge Belvin Perry holds a hearing to settle the bad blood between the defense and Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame, sources said Conway could be called as a witness.

In addition, NBC has sent out an advisory saying Conway will be on the "Today" show later Monday morning with a "major announcement." This begs the question will Conway use this national forum to air some of the ongoing grievances he's had with Anthony's defense team in general, and Jose Baez specifically?

more
http://www.wesh.com/r/24643120/detail.html

Insert TWA's u-tube of Gomer Pyle's " Surprise Surprise ".

He probably hears the bus coming...should be interesting.

WTH took him so long? Now he can go back to representing paying clients and he can look John Morgan in the eye when they see each other in the hall (don't they work in the same building?)
What was he going to get out of a book deal with the A's anyway? Next to nada compared to what he could be getting on a number of civil litigations.

they seem to have a hard time holding on to attorneys

I am not sure he will say anything negative about any of the parties...he has been made to look like a liar by the Anthony's, biggest thing that pops out in my mind is the LKL interview where CA flat out lied about the diary, and BC tried to correct the record to no avail.
He cannot possibly stand by what CA is spewing in regards to TES, as he had open access, and we all saw it on video-the day he and GA bum-rushed the TES/Nejame presser...they went behind closed doors and GA came out satisfied that his (prolly reluctant) mission had been accomplished.
Between BC and what appears to be GA's intention to take a part of his life back (keeping my fingers crossed), CA might find herself alone with KC and Baez. Have fun supporting your murderess daughter there, CA, let us know how that works out for ya.

The article alleges he is quitting because he may be called as a witness if there is a hearing into the matter of the TES situation.
I don't know but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.

Money is gone... Maybe the JAC isn't favorable to helping him? He certainly won't be missed and neither will his disgusting, bizarre lies and distortions. Oh, IMCO.

The article alleges he is quitting because he may be called as a witness if there is a hearing into the matter of the TES situation.
I don't kow but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.

Agreed-Or any of the other counsels, for that matter-He has to see and work with these people everyday in the halls of the courthouse and his very own office space. Uh, awkward.....

Well well well. I must say, this is the last thing I expected to log online and see this morning.

There is no way that's the only reason he's resigning.

I thought in the beginning Brad was a class act, mainly because he's so mild mannered and pleasant speaking, but the more he stuck by that sideshow, the less respect I had for him. Now, he gets a do-over with me.

If he comes clean about some stuff, I'll appreciate it. If he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't badmouth the Anthonys, I'll appreciate that as well, but ONLY if he's not withholding vital information. Gossip, he can withhold and I won't mind, but not information.

Good luck Cindy. A little lonely out on the limb?

So, was he in NY with GA and CA? Are they all still there? Long weekend?

Well well well. I must say, this is the last thing I expected to log online and see this morning.

There is no way that's the only reason he's resigning.

I thought in the beginning Brad was a class act, mainly because he's so mild mannered and pleasant speaking, but the more he stuck by that sideshow, the less respect I had for him. Now, he gets a do-over with me.

If he comes clean about some stuff, I'll appreciate it. If he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't badmouth the Anthonys, I'll appreciate that as well, but ONLY if he's not withholding vital information. Gossip, he can withhold and I won't mind, but not information.

Good luck Cindy. A little lonely out on the limb?

I agree. I always liked him. From what I saw I thought he was hard working and loyal and didn't seem to be in it for the attention. I believe he truly was trying to help out.
I wish him well.

I don't know but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.

BBM

That was immediately my take on this and this is exactly what is going on. BC is in a position to KNOW that what CA had to say was NOT the truth. Before this is over, he will regret not having stepped down a long time ago.

Wonder who will step up and represent them now.

Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, steps up to represent them now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back