Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: 2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    I remember seeing that before..we have discussed that email Baez sent Karras somewhere here on the WS threads..
    On the hearing thread starting here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5408580&postcount=194"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Let's Get Situated For the Hearing on 7/15/10[/ame]

And on the TES thread starting here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5501464&postcount=619"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1[/ame]
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

Nums,
    You are Lightening Fast!!!! You should have a bolt of lightening on your siggy line.
    Last edited by Intermezzo; 02-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Does any of the following strike you all as a bit of suspicious timing?

April 5, 2010: Judge Strickland denies the defense motion for TES records, in spite of the Laura Buchanan and Josepth Jordan statements. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23059303/detail.html

April 7, 2010: Jose Baez writes a letter to Brad Conway asking for "As you recall, you also offered to look into the Equusearch files that are in the possession of attorney Mark Nejame. Therefore, we ask that you check their records for the following names: Keith Williams, Roy Kronk, Howard Earl Tate, Cedric Lamont Kirby, and Alphoso Hamilton."
    (Discovery, p. 24121)

April 16, 2010, 4:48 PM on a Friday afternoon: The defense files a motion for Judge Stan Strickland to recuse himself. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23197373/detail.html

April 19, 2010: Judge Strickland issues an order recusing himself from the case. Read more about this hearing at the link. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23199370/detail.html

April 20, 2010: "As you may recall, our previous letter asked that we be provided with the information from the Equusearch files. However, due to the urgency of this matter, we ask that the Anthony's also write to Mr. Tim Miller of Equusearch, requesting that they provide any and all records requested by the defense."(Discovery, p. 24122)
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Yes she did! I recall that too! In one of the first doc dumps.....the one where he refers to her as "Rosebud"?

for a moment there I thought my brains had finally been fried

Would you be so kind to direct me to the aisle this stuff is on?

Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novice Seeker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Novice Seeker View Post

for a moment there I thought my brains had finally been fried

Would you be so kind to direct me to the aisle this stuff is on?

Novice Seeker
    Sure it's the aisle with the nuts (and chocolate rosebuds)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21148535/detail.html

page 84- "Good work rosebud"
    Last edited by sumbunny; 02-01-2011 at 04:27 PM.

9. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to sumbunny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sumbunny View Post
    Sure it's the aisle with the nuts (and chocolate rosebuds)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21148535/detail.html
    At some point I am going to learn...never take a drink of tea and read a post at WS at the same time. Clean up on aisle 5!
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

OMG. For what purpose would that serve, geesh. For Baez to turn this document over to the reporter wouldn't he have needed permission from those who involved in this letter? What's the difference of KS refusing to provide information that could possibly be considered work product, attorney-client confidentiallity out of fear of facing a 3rd degree felong to Baez passing this information on to a reporter?

As far as I'm concerned, this reporter is no better than JB. A reporter representing a legal network accepting documents such as this. Makes you wonder just what else JB has turned over to Karras..

Every time I begin to think there isn't anything else JB can stoop to he proves me wrong

Novice Seeker
    It seems like there's a whole bunch of attorneys associated with this case that need to re-examine their duty to uphold the law.

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Assuming all the time stamps are right, maybe she forwarded a draft to JB for his approval first? I haven't gone back to look at the email chain to see if that makes sense, though.
    And note that she did not copy Brad on the forward...No wonder she thinks JB is "humble." Why on Earth would she or George or anyone who cares about KC be satisfied with JB's representation? My parents/I (if it were my child) would be livid, especially after the sanctions.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

If anyone can assist with finding the thread about LB's blog, please help! I cannot find it in a search, maybe downstairs by now. I bumped it not that long ago, may have to do the tedious and go page by page to find it, but if anyone has the inclination/time to seek it out, I do not believe the title gives exact reference to the blog itself.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    If anyone can assist with finding the thread about LB's blog, please help! I cannot find it in a search, maybe downstairs by now. I bumped it not that long ago, may have to do the tedious and go page by page to find it, but if anyone has the inclination/time to seek it out, I do not believe the title gives exact reference to the blog itself.
    JJ, last I saw it is was in the Parking Lot. Maybe search for "New Jersey" down there??

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    JJ, last I saw it is was in the Parking Lot. Maybe search for "New Jersey" down there??
    You are correct, ma'am!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=jersey+blog

ETA-Earliest post I can find on her blog is from August, 2009.
    ETAA: And in 2009, WS'ers find her IP is from New Jersey. No Kentucky mentioned.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    She lived in KY until June 2009 according to her 8/16/2010 depo, so she lived in KY when she emailed CA and lived in NJ when CA emailed JB:

bottom of page 4

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649960/detail.html
    So she moved to NJ sometime between June and November, 2009...? Can that line up with CA's mention of a friend in NJ?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    It seems like there's a whole bunch of attorneys associated with this case that need to re-examine their duty to uphold the law.
    And on the same token, I think there are a LOT of people on this forum who need to consider applying for a job with their local district attorney office because you guys are amazing!!!

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    it states on her profile that she grew up in NJ but has lived in SC
    I'm not sure that ending a sentence with a preposition is geographically significant - poor grammar habits are everywhere

I'm in Canada & people do it here (including me)

Above is from the thread re: the blog...Still no mention on KY, but didn't KC mention the Carolinas/Jersey early on? I smell a JoyW sitch.

MODS-I am getting waaaay O/T-Will bring this down to the PL thread if anyone wants to join! Is there a way to pull the thread out of the PL? Please don't spank me for askin!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

You are correct, ma'am!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=jersey+blog

ETA-Earliest post I can find on her blog is from August, 2009.
    ETAA: And in 2009, WS'ers find her IP is from New Jersey. No Kentucky mentioned.
    Can we bring this upstairs?

BTW...are we saying this is LB? I know that CA got emails from a Katie. I need to go back and re-read all that stuff.
    Last edited by RR0004; 02-01-2011 at 06:23 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

And note that she did not copy Brad on the forward...No wonder she thinks JB is "humble." Why on Earth would she or George or anyone who cares about KC be satisfied with JB's representation? My parents/I (if it were my child) would be livid, especially after the sanctions.
    Well.................. I did notice she signed an email to JB "Love" in the latest dump. <---------- Really now, who signs a letter to your daughters murder defense attorney, LOVE?
    (and just how would KC feel about this salutation to her man?)

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

I tried looking - it was not the 'reborn' doll from ebay was it?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    I tried looking - it was not the 'reborn' doll from ebay was it?
    Nope, it's called "The 'Casey didn't do it' website"...it's in the PL.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Above is from the thread re: the blog...Still no mention on KY, but didn't KC mention the Carolinas/Jersey early on? I smell a JoyW sitch.

MODS-I am getting waaaay O/T-Will bring this down to the PL thread if anyone wants to join! Is there a way to pull the thread out of the PL? Please don't spank me for askin!
    I don't know since I haven't had a chance to read the entire PL thread. Also, I don't have mod privileges in the PL so I can't move it, but I do know the right people to ask. I will send out a request and see what they say. Until then, let's just link the PL thread here periodically here so folks will know where to take the talk.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Nope, it's called "The 'Casey didn't do it' website"...it's in the PL.
    Saw that after I posted - meant to go back and edit, but eating and reading! LOL
    THANKS!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post

Just clocked in for the day so I've got to catch up on everything and my eyes start glazing over go on record as a fellow sleuther, by George I think your mind has uncovered a potentially explosive scheme

Novice Seeker

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novice Seeker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    Does any of the following strike you all as a bit of suspicious timing?

April 5, 2010: Judge Strickland denies the defense motion for TES records, in spite of the Laura Buchanan and Josepth Jordan statements. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23059303/detail.html

April 7, 2010: Jose Baez writes a letter to Brad Conway asking for "As you recall, you also offered to look into the Equusearch files that are in the possession of attorney Mark Nejame. Therefore, we ask that you check their records for the following names: Keith Williams, Roy Kronk, Howard Earl Tate, Cedric Lamont Kirby, and Alphoso Hamilton."
    (Discovery, p. 24121)

April 16, 2010, 4:48 PM on a Friday afternoon: The defense files a motion for Judge Stan Strickland to recuse himself. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23197373/detail.html

April 19, 2010: Judge Strickland issues an order recusing himself from the case. Read more about this hearing at the link. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23199370/detail.html

April 20, 2010: "As you may recall, our previous letter asked that we be provided with the information from the Equusearch files. However, due to the urgency of this matter, we ask that the Anthony's also write to Mr. Tim Miller of Equusearch, requesting that they provide any and all records requested by the defense."(Discovery, p. 24122)

As to the motion filed on April 5th, 2010, from the documents JS relied on in his ruling it doesn't appear that the forged documents had been provided. Per JS's ruling he addresses LB as having only searched at Blanchard Park. JS does mention that if JB did search on her own then its ridiciulous(my word) to drag TES thru the mud.

More thoughts but too cold to be sent to the woodshed.

Novice Seeker

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Novice Seeker For This Useful Post:

Just clocked in for the day so I've got to catch up on everything and my eyes start glazing over go on record as a fellow sleuther, by George I think your mind has uncovered a potentially explosive scheme

Novice Seeker

Sorry for this mumble. Heck if I know what I was saying other than what I bolded

Novice Seeker

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novice Seeker For This Useful Post:

As to the motion filed on April 5th, 2010, from the documents JS relied on in his ruling it doesn't appear that the forged documents had been provided. Per JS's ruling he addresses LB as having only searched at Blanchard Park. JS does mention that if JB did search on her own then its ridiciulous(my word) to drag TES thru the mud.

More thoughts but too cold to be sent to the woodshed.

Novice Seeker
    I'm pretty sure that nobody outside of the defense team saw the fake document until LB's August deposition. That is when it came up and the prosecutors first learned of its existance. It was not filed with the court prior to that...

Which is really really suspicious behavior on the part of the defense. If they had such a document and they had submitted it, guaranteed it would have blown open their access to the TES records. It would have shown to the judge that yes there was stuff unaccounted for. But the fact that they did not put it forward is pretty indicative that they knew that it was shall we say questionable, and really didn't want to give anyone a long hard chance to examine or disprove it.

46. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:

If you are missing a post, it is because it was regarding the recent bar complaint against Baez.

You can find it on this thread.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930