2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/24643311/detail.html

POSTED: 6:33 am EDT August 16, 2010

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin is scheduled for a hearing in Putnam County on drug trafficking charges.

Misty Croslin was the last known person seen with Haleigh Cummings before she vanished in February of last year.

Misty Croslin trial set for Aug. 23

Today is Misty's last day to plea, seems as she will be in court today. I have not found any other articles regarding her plea day except for this one and Art has the wrong hearing date. He has Aug 22 and it's Aug 23.
I wonder how todays hearing will work? I thought that a plea can just be submitted to the courts without a hearing? I am so confused.

Exclusive:The Bald Truth has learned exclusively Misty Croslin aims to plead no contest to her drug charges

July 20th, 2010
"Snip"
By Art Harris
Read the rest of this entry » http://www.artharris.com/2010/07/20/exclusive-misty-croslins-bad-memory/#more-4444

:waitasec: The way this sounds to me is that maybe Misty will or has given LE info in the Haleigh Case. It would be great news today if something positive comes out of this. :praying:
If she gave LE enough info and beats Ron to the punch I don't see how Ron can testify against her.

Trial set for Misty Croslin on 7 drug charges
To escape longer prison time, she could assist detectives in Haleigh’s case.

Posted: June 3, 2010
By Dana Treen http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ssing-haleigh-cummings-case-pleads-no-contest

"Snip"
PALATKA — Misty Croslin, was told in court that she has until mid-August to make a deal with prosecutors in seven drug-trafficking cases that could send her to prison for decades.

Croslin, appeared before Judge Terry LaRue, pleaded no contest to trafficking and possession and will be sentenced this summer.

The judge set a trial for Aug. 23 on the Putnam cases. Croslin has a “last chance plea date” of Aug. 16 to work out an agreement with prosecutors, LaRue said.

Today is Misty's last day to plea, seems as she will be in court today. I have not found any other articles regarding her plea day except for this one and Art has the wrong hearing date. He has Aug 22 and it's Aug 23.
I wonder how todays hearing will work? I thought that a plea can just be submitted to the courts without a hearing? I am so confused.

Vinelink is showing her out of custody.

Offender Name: MISTY JANETTE CUMMINGS
Offender ID: SJSO10MNI002273 Date of Birth: 12/09/1991 Age: 18 Custody Status: Out of Custody Reason: Unknown Date: 08/16/2010 Race: White Gender: Female

:waitasec: The way this sounds to me is that maybe Misty will or has given LE info in the Haleigh Case. It would be great news today if something positive comes out of this. :praying:
If she gave LE enough info and beats Ron to the punch I don't see how Ron can testify against her.

I don't mean to burst your bubble MADJ but that is an old article, it also has wrong info. in it or is the Croslin they are referring to Tommy? He had a possession charge.
Misty did not plea no contest, she pled not guilty in her first appearance, they always do that and they can change it later.

Just heard on scanner 9 males and 1 female going to courthouse.

eta, I just read the full article MADJ posted a link to and the reporter is referring to Tommy pleading no contest. The way it is snipped it reads Misty did, ugh, so much confusion!

Still :praying:, she is on her way to court maybe it has sunken in that Ron will use her as his scapegoat. Maybe she will shed some info on the Haleigh case after all. All we can do is pray. We have not really had any good news in Haleigh's case. Each time one of the players goes to court they shed no new info on Haleigh's case. Maybe Misty will be the first one to spill the beans?
Here is another article that talks about her deal deadline. Maybe she will try and cut a deal knowing Ronald is planning on selling her out?

Misty Croslin gets deal deadline

"Snip" http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-06-04/misty-croslin-gets-deal-deadline

Posted: June 4, 2010

By Dana Treen

PALATKA -- Misty Croslin, a central figure in the case of missing HaLeigh Cummings, was told Thursday in Putnam County court that she has until mid-August to make a deal with prosecutors in seven drug-trafficking cases that could send her to prison for decades.

The seven trafficking prescription drug charges faced by Misty Croslin, come with minimum sentences of as much as 25 years, depending on the amount of drugs sold, if she is found guilty.

She also faces an eighth trafficking charge in St. Johns County.

On Thursday, the judge set a trial for Aug. 23 on the Putnam cases. Croslin has a "last chance plea date" of Aug. 16 to work out an agreement with prosecutors, LaRue said.

Robert Fields, said recently that a plea deal was not being considered.
"We're not in the business of giving up," he said.

Fields has said Croslin has been cooperating with detectives about HaLeigh and said it is reasonable to believe pressure to resolve that case will affect the drug outcomes.

My prediction:

Fields will ask for a continuance. The waiting game continues...
Geez, is it Monday or something, I'm not being very positive about things today!

Still :praying:, she is on her way to court maybe it has sunken in that Ron will use her as his scapegoat. Maybe she will shed some info on the Haleigh case after all. All we can do is pray. We have not really had any good news in Haleigh's case. Each time one of the players goes to court they shed no new info on Haleigh's case. Maybe Misty will be the first one to spill the beans?
Here is another article that talks about her deal deadline. Maybe she will try and cut a deal knowing Ronald is planning on selling her out?

I really hope you are right!

Wonder if TN and AS will show up for this today? (you know, just wanting to hear something that will lead to Haleigh)

The State has never said Ron is going to testify against Misty. They dont need Ronald for the drug case. Thats just a fact. No way does his word mean more than the UC and the tapes speak for themselves.

And if everyone wants to remember, the plan and part of Rons sweet delusional deal was he was to testify against Tommy, even though that made no sense because he wasn't there for that charge, oh, and Tommy got sentenced, so what happened to all that?

If theres anything on the table, it involves Haleigh, that is the only thing that makes LOGICAL sense.

Misty Croslin Enters 'No Contest' Plea to Putnam Drug Charges
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin could spend anywhere form 6 to 240 years in prison following this morning's plea.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/

So now what happens to Rons sweet deal?

Good. Now this circus can get over with. Thanks Misty for not taking this to trial! Thank you for thwarting Rons imo, "imaginary" deal.

No contest, huh? Yikes! What's 15 times 8?
If Hope got 15 years for one count and Tommy did too, then my mind has to wonder if the judge is going to give her the same amount per count.

I'm so impatient!

hmmmm....IDK. It just seems like overall with the sentencing of these peeps...there's something missing.

I know this is only supossed about the drug charges & that she hasn't been arrested before, but I so hope she does NOT just get 6 years. Misty is only about Misty & would not have cared if it was a 6 yr old that ended up getting their hands on the drugs she was selling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back