CO CO - Dolores House, 36, Lakewood, 16 Aug 1972

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1415DFCO

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1415dfco.html

Dolores House
Missing since August 16, 1972 from Lakewood, Jefferson County, Colorado.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: September 26, 1935
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Clothing: Red short sleeve blouse, red and white checkered mini skirt.
•Dentals: Not available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Wednesday, August 16, 1972 Dolores House went to the Westland Shopping Center, located at 10403 West Colfax Avenue, Lakewood, Colorado, to run an errand.

House later called her residence, which was located in the Green Mountain area, and informed her daughter that she was having car trouble and she would be home within a half an hour. House was never seen or heard from again.

House's vehicle was later located in the Westland Shopping Center parking lot. Witnesses reported seeing House's vehicle, described as a 1967, Oldsmobile, Vista Cruiser, being towed into the Westland Shopping Center parking lot by a white over maroon, Ford Bronco. The unidentified driver of the Bronco was described as a white, male, between 5'11" to 6'00" tall, weighing 160 pounds, with dark blonde hair, graying and thin on top.

Soon after the Bronco left the area, no one ever saw House again. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lakewood Police Department
303-987-7111

Agency Case Number: 72-25608

NCIC Number: M-217962251
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=1406

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/house_dolores.html

I do not find Dolores listed in NamUs at this time.

I don't find any archived articles about Dolores.

Dolores has been missing 38 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• DHouse.jpg
    DHouse.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 34
Kat,

Probably not her, but this UID female found in Jefferson County, CO in 1972 seems similar...although the age and estd dod are far off. Just caught my attention that it was eleven days after Dolores went missing and in the same county. Which is why the age & estd dod is throwing me.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase86.html

Thanks
TFRS

i wonder if she ever made it to the shopping center. and why was her car being towed there? if she met with foul play on the way to her errand then why would the perp tow her car and risk being seen when he could just as easy left it where he found it. surely where ever he was towing it from somebody saw him hooking it up. somebody knows what happened to this woman and is keeping quiet. someone besides whoever took her. that person needs to come forward and let this family have some peace. jmo, imo, mho and all that jazz ;)

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21663685

Posted: 09/29/2012 07:53:52 PM MDT
September 30, 2012 5:40 AM GMTUpdated: 09/29/2012 11:40:29 PM MDT
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Postdenverpost.com

Tests were performed on the skull, and analysts were able to obtain a DNA profile, which was fed into a national database. Finally, four weeks ago, there was a hit.

Years earlier, family members of Dolores House, a 37-year-old woman who vanished from a Lakewood shopping center Aug. 16, 1972, had submitted DNA samples to NamUs.

From January 2013:

http://www.julesburgadvocate.com/ci_22426401/serial-rapist-emerges-chief-suspect-two-40-year

James Green often threatened to kill Kathy Tatum-Toyne "just like the others"... Newly found evidence suggests Green's threats may not have been just bluster. He has recently emerged as the chief suspect in the murders of Lakewood housewife Dolores House, who disappeared when her car overheated in 1972, and Littleton resident Richard Seykora...

He worked as a butcher at a grocery store on Colfax Avenue a few miles from where House was abducted and he matched description of the man driving the Bronco... Green soon became the primary suspect in the House murder, although no physical evidence, such as fingerprints or DNA, tied him to the case. And trouble was, Green had died several years earlier of cancer...

He was very familiar with the area where House's skull had been found. The area is remote, accessible only by a series of dirt roads. "If you don't know the area, you are not going to go there to dump a body," Feik said.

Would that be because she has been identified? Isn't Doe Network for the unidentified? Since they now know who it is it would make sense that it is no longer on there I think.

Yes, but i read that link in posting #1 has having another meaning than it was just her listing on the Doe network when she was unidentified. So I was letting the poster kow it has been removed. I normally dont see a listing for the doe network under a identified persons name/case.

Apparently, and guessing here at one time this case was in the unidentified section of websulthes, then when the remains were I identified the title above was changed to...and moved to cold cases. I thought there was additional information about this now cold case that was relevant at the doe network and was letting it known it was removed. [h=2]CO - Dolores House, 36, Lakewood, 16 Aug 1972[/h]

a.jpg (8.37KiB)
HouseD_1128.jpg

Dolores House, 36
Missing/Murdered? 16 August 1972

Dolores House
Missing since August 16, 1972 from Lakewood, Jefferson County, Colorado.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: September 26, 1935
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Clothing: Red short sleeve blouse, red and white checkered mini skirt.
* Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Wednesday, August 16, 1972 Dolores House went to the Westland Shopping Center, located at 10403 West Colfax Avenue, Lakewood, Colorado, to run an errand.

House later called her residence, which was located in the Green Mountain area, and informed her daughter that she was having car trouble and she would be home within a half an hour. House was never seen or heard from again.

House's vehicle was later located in the Westland Shopping Center parking lot. Witnesses reported seeing House's vehicle, described as a 1967, Oldsmobile, Vista Cruiser, being towed into the Westland Shopping Center parking lot by a white over maroon, Ford Bronco. The unidentified driver of the Bronco was described as a white, male, between 5'11" to 6'00" tall, weighing 160 pounds, with dark blonde hair, graying and thin on top.

Soon after the Bronco left the area, no one ever saw House again. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lakewood Police Department
303-987-7111

Agency Case Number: 72-25608

NCIC Number: M-217962251
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
CBI
The Doe Network: Delores House - 1415DFCO

LINKS:

They have her skull, so I would say shes no longer missing
True, but the rest of her body is still missing. The identification of her skull makes this case an unsolved murder. Several suspects were named or considered in her disappearance, some now dead.

Here is one of them:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back