859 users online (110 members and 749 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Bessie Ann Kutnak, 63, Cameron, 16 Aug 1992

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2085DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2085dftx.html

Bessie Ann Kutnak
    Missing since August 16, 1992 from Cameron, Milam County, Texas
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 1, 1929
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 63 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 145 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; grey hair. Slender build. Her stature and appearance could easily be mistaken for a man.
    Medical: She was possibly suffering from dementia at the time of her disappearance.
    Clothing: She was known to wear men's clothing, mens khaki pants and men's shirts and usually wore a baseball cap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Kutnak was last seen in Cameron, TX on August 16, 1992. Her pickup was found at her residence with a flat tire. She was last seen on FM 486 near Pettibone looking for her cattle that may have strayed from her land.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Department of Public Safety
    512- 424-5074

Agency Case Number: M0608011

NCIC Number: M-935446902
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ak_bessie.html

http://milamcounty.crimestoppersweb.com/missing.aspx

I do not find Bessie listed in NamUs at this time.

I don't find archived articles for Bessie.

Bessie has been missing 18 years today. Come home soon. Given Bessie's age and circumstances I wonder if a search of the UID's would match her details. JMHO.

2004:

Another disturbing unsolved case West investigated was the disappearance in August, 1992 of Bessie Kutnak, 63, a Cameron-area farmer and rancher who also did odd jobs at Cameron businesses. Described as a loner, Ms. Kutnak was the last surviving member of her family. She lived alone on the family farm.

"She didn't have anybody to report her missing," West said. "She wasn't where she was supposed to be and she quit coming around. The last time anyone saw her was on a Saturday evening. She was out on a county road near Pettibone on foot, and was asking directions. She apparently was disoriented."

The turnout was staggering when the sheriff's department sought volunteers to search for Ms. Kutnak, who lived a quiet, uneventful, and probably lonely existence, never fully aware of the number of friends she possessed, West said. Ms. Kutnak's photograph was published in area newspapers and was broadcasted on television news programs. Volunteers went on foot, rode three-wheelers, and horseback in a massive search.

A DPS helicopter flew over the area for days, and game wardens searched the flood-swollen Little River and area creeks thinking she may have drowned.

"When she took missing, it showed how much everyone loved and respected her," West said.

Friends and neighbors hired psychics to participate in the search. "I remember a couple of people talking to me, and gave me a lot of information, but nothing that we could use 'you are going to find her near water, you are going to find her under some leaves,'" West said.

Lawmen followed every lead, including tips that she was seen at a truck stop on IH 35 north of Temple, and near Little River-Academy.

"We just don't know what happened to her," West said. "We never did find any evidence of foul play. It appears the lady became disoriented, walked off and something happened to her. I knew the lady; everybody in town knew the lady."

Lawmen are not expecting a happy ending in this unsolved case.
    http://m.tdtnews.com/archive/article....html?mode=jqm