Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010.08.16 Baez/Cheney Press conference

2010.08.16 Baez/Cheney Press conference

I have not seen this posted.please remove if it is out of place. Here is a link to the presser

http://www.wesh.com/livestream-video...689/index.html

ETA the above link is to the live stream
    Last edited by windy91195; 08-16-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Casey Anthony.....CEO of Lies, Inc.

pardon my ignorance... but.. wtf are they doing? or b*tching about?
    i'm totally not getting any of this..

they're pissed because conway got to see the documents and they didn't?

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BlOnDe_GuRrL For This Useful Post:

But according to Baez and Chaney it now a moot point...
    They can now inspect the documents...what is up with that? They were given permission to inspect the documents months ago...correct?
    Last edited by momtective; 08-16-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Sounds like a cat-fight. A Pizzing contest. Sour grapes. All that jazz. Of course that's JMHO.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread, not even my opinion has any value LOL.

I see, JB sees this as a conflict of interest even as the A's waived that conflict.

They can view those TES documents, they choose not to...I can't imagine making such a big fuss when this has been ongoing for some time already. You mean to say, they just had this revelation about the conflict. See they have nothing to defend ICA with so it's attack, attack, attack anyone and anything that they view as in their way...I still think this goes back to ICA and feeling betrayed. Placating her, as ususal...Trying to save a human life! What about Caylee's life???

Baez is going to get access to those documents and he won't stop until he does...but doesn't he have access and just needed to go the MNs office?? He makes no sense...IMO someone is letting Baez' stategy out of the bag..what a waste, a huge waste..he wants a notepad when he views the documents...hilarious and sad all at the same time..Cheney said they will have a hearing on the whole process..Cheny said it has nothing to do with Conway???? HUH????

I think something is coming down hard and this is Baez way of getting the focus off of him...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

There was something either Baez or Chaney said about "there will be no more issues with the defense being treated unfairly." Did anyone else catch that?

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I wonder if JB called BC before putting his exhibit in that motion???? Maybe if JB had he would not have to worry the BC did not call him first???? jmo

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

I thought I had at least a half a brain left, even after following this case for two years, but I swear nothing these characters made sense to me...I almost felt like the were speaking a foreign language.

On an emotional level, I just wanna smack the smirk offa JB's face....moo
    Nothing on this Earth is as valuable as a child's life, nothing on this Earth is more wonderous than their love.

Now this was the biggest laugh for today. "Mr. Conway's resignation had nothing to do with the meeting that was called today." Right.

I think the judge just basically told them to quit their whining and frivolous motions and get on with defending their client. It seems to me he called them to this meeting to tell them just that... and the motion's a moot point now. He's had enough of this. Nothing changed as far as the documents. They have access and can take notes. That was decided at the last hearing. At this presser Cheney and Baez both try to make it seem that something was gained for the defense with this meeting when, in actuality, it was probably nothing more than a smackdown to the defense.

14. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Marina2 For This Useful Post:

They are just creating another side-show in an attempt to screw with the publics mind in hopes of getting people to think that Casey is not getting a fair shake from the state. It is just defense maneuvers of a couple of clowns trying to pull off mind tricks by using bs. I theorize that if we were allowed to read the label of the big boy panties B and C wore to this press conference, the label says "PT Barnum".

Just saying...

This is all about setting perceptions in the general public, and thus future Jury pool that the Defense is being treated unfairly, things are being hidden, things are being tampered with and, others are getting better access.

JB is creating a big stink to make the noise because everyone who does not follow this as closely as we do will be left with a sense that the Defense had to fight to gain access, to be treated fairly, etc, etc.

They can use this as the key foundation, together with conspiracy against ICA, ICA being framed, poor LE investigation, LE handling of RK discovery, forensic expert process and handling .... to attack everything and gain some sympathy that ICA is not getting a fair trial.

This all ties together and you need to not look at this specific epsiode but the impressions left .... that the Defense is not getting the access they need to investigate and defend. IMO.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

17. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    They are just creating another side-show in an attempt to screw with the publics mind in hopes of getting people to think that Casey is not getting a fair shake from the state. It is just defense maneuvers of a couple of clowns trying to pull off mind tricks by using bs. I theorize that if we were allowed to read the label of the big boy panties B and C wore to this press conference, the label says "PT Barnum".

Just saying...
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    But according to Baez and Chaney it now a mute point...
    They can now inspect the documents...what is up with that? They were given permission to inspect the documents months ago...correct?
    The one statement I heard by Baez before closing browser on him (have a bad enough headache today ) was....

There was a meeting this morning with attorneys and Perry and Judge Perry will be "signing the order....probably today"......but when questioned by reporter for details, he stated "meeting details were under seal"....

Sorry...after that comment, just had to ZAP Baez and make him go away....

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    What time was this press conference? I can't find a link to the presser which apparently has already taken place..... has anyone got a link to it?

TIA!
    Last edited by Snaz; 08-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    The one statement I heard by Baez before closing browser on him (have a bad enough headache today ) was....

There was a meeting this morning with attorneys and Perry and Judge Perry will be "signing the order....probably today"......but when questioned by reporter for details, he stated "meeting details were under seal"....

I would imagine what was said is under seal. My guess is there were some nasty business thrown around that we will not hear about. jmo

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    What time was this press conference? I can't find a link to the presser which apparently has already taken place..... has anyone got a link to it?

TIA!
    happened about half an hour ago.....about 4:30 pm EA time (estimation)

Should be available online here shortly I would imagine

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post

TIA!
    It was on WESH news about an hour ago. I think it was just a platform for Baez to whine some more...

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SevenSeas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    This is all about setting perceptions in the general public, and thus future Jury pool that the Defense is being treated unfairly, things are being hidden, things are being tampered with and, others are getting better access.

JB is creating a big stink to make the noise because everyone who does not follow this as closely as we do will be left with a sense that the Defense had to fight to gain access, to be treated fairly, etc, etc.

They can use this as the key foundation, together with conspiracy against ICA, ICA being framed, poor LE investigation, LE handling of RK discovery, forensic expert process and handling .... to attack everything and gain some sympathy that ICA is not getting a fair trial.

This all ties together and you need to not look at this specific epsiode but the impressions left .... that the Defense is not getting the access they need to investigate and defend. IMO.
    Exactly...everything you said! But I think HHJP might have put a screeching halt to it today. I just got the impression from the news conference that "Team Casey" got spanked today.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

What was the press conference for if the meeting this morning was sealed what was the press conference called for? Sorry not been following too closely today.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nort For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SevenSeas View Post
    It was on WESH news about an hour ago. I think it was just a platform for Baez to whine some more...
    and, I think that press conference will get very little airtime or interest.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post

Just bizarre wasn't it! For a minute I thought I had slipped back in time. I mean here they are saying "We now have access to the documents, order should be signed later today, probably tomorrow..." and I'm sitting here going haven't they had access to the danm documents for months now, WTH is he talking about!

Don't you wish making him go away was as easy as closing the window...

35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Now we only heard from defense so does that mean that maybe MN was able to get what he wanted also, which seemed pretty fair to most of us here. jmo

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Now we only heard from defense so does that mean that maybe MN was able to get what he wanted also, which seemed pretty fair to most of us here. jmo
    I would suspect that, as follows:

1. Those that felt the need to do a presser and speak out were doing damage control and trying to portray this as a win,

2. Those who are quiet and don't feel compelled to speak are maintaining a professional stance and consistent standards.

The question is ..... did HHJP give any ground or feel compelled to relax the rules on the Defense to accomodate them and/or prevent a future appeal?
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

I am just amazed KC is still letting JB defend her. Between him & her parents, her goose is cooked & that's fine by me.
    As far as the docs, I doubt JB or CM want to spend their time going over 4,000 pages looking for something. I also doubt they want to pay a clerk to do it. As usual, they probably want the state or Nejame to do their work for them or he thought Brad was gonna do him a favor & just do it.
    I sincerely hope the Judge had a stern, no holds barred "Come to Jesus" meeting with the defense camp today. At the pace JB wants to go, KC will be wearing depends before this case come to trial.

41. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LeLe1953 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast