GUILTY IN - Nina Keown, 26, Scott County, 7 Aug 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
Police search for missing Scott Co., Ind. woman
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 9:45 PM EDT

(LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB Fox 41) -- Police need your help finding a southern Indiana woman who disappeared over the weekend.

She's 26-year old Nina Keown.

Her family has not heard from her since late Saturday night. They say it's unusual that she has not answered her cell phone.

Police say she was last seen by her boyfriend near State Road 3 and Plymouth Road at a music festival in southeastern Scott County.

Keown's described as about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 100 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

If you've seen her - you're asked to call the Scott County sheriff's department at 812-752-8400 or Indiana state police at 812-246-5424.

Friends have distributed her pictures to Fox 41 and other media.

12966363_BG1.jpg

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=12978900

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 10:39 PM EDT
By Chris Turner, WDRB-TV Fox 41 News

SCOTTSBURG, Ind. (WDRB Fox 41 News) -- People strapped to a small engine and a nylon wing bring new help to the search for a missing southern Indiana woman.

The paragliders hope to find any new clues in the lingering case involving 26-year-old Nina Keown. They plan to fly again Saturday, as a ground search also resumes.

http://www.wlky.com/r/24639332/detail.html

Vigil Held Saturday Night For Nina Keown
POSTED: 4:01 pm EDT August 15, 2010
UPDATED: 4:42 pm EDT August 15, 2010
Peter O'Connor/WLKY.com

Family members and friends held a vigil for a missing southern Indiana woman on Saturday night.

Scott County deputies said Nina Keown disappeared a week ago near the intersection of state Road 3 and Plymouth Road in Lexington, Ind.

"I hope people don't quit. I just don't want anybody to quit after this week, I want everybody to keep looking until we find her," Keown's mother, Debbie Conover, said

12966363_BG1.jpg

Sheriff John Lizenby said 26-year-old Nina Keown was last seen Saturday night around 11:30 p.m.

He told WLKY that Keown, of Lexington, Ind., had been at a music festival and left with her ex-husband on a four-wheeler. Lizenby said they were heading east on Plymouth Road near Highway 3 when she told him she wanted to go back to the music festival.

"At that point, she decided she wanted to get off the four-wheeler and go back to the festival and she did get off and left, and hasn't been seen since," Lizenby said​

Police said she has medical issues and may have had a seizure.​

Keown went to the HopStock Music Festival Saturday night with Robert Petty, her ex-husband with whom she has been in an on-again, off-again effort at reconciliation, Conover said. The mother said Petty told her that he and Keown got into an argument and left the festival together on his 4-wheel ATV headed across Plymouth Road toward his house.

The house and the location of the music festival are about two miles apart at opposite ends of Plymouth Road, also known as County Road 200 South, Lizenby said.

Along the way home the pair continued to argue until Keown decided she wanted to get off the ATV and go back to the festival, Petty reportedly told Conover and sheriff’s department investigators.

“From what people we’ve talked to at the festival, she didn’t show back up there either,” Lizenby said.

Conover said in an interview Thursday that Petty told her Keown “was really intoxicated and that she couldn’t hardly walk” when she got off the ATV.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100812/NEWS02/308120055

Helicopters Join Search For Missing Woman

We contacted state police and we have a helicopter going up and down Plymouth Road. Plymouth Road is the last place she was seen. So that's where we're concentrating on right now," Lizenby said.
The helicopter played a vital role when a tip came in concerning buzzards circling above a nearby cornfield. That alerted police to take a closer look from the sky and from below.

http://www.wlky.com/r/24611746/detail.html

People strapped to a small engine and a nylon wing bring new help to the search for a missing southern Indiana woman.

The paragliders hope to find any new clues in the lingering case involving 26-year-old Nina Keown. They plan to fly again Saturday, as a ground search also resumes.

Video at link also

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=12978900

On NG now.

ex has lengthy criminal record including armed robbery.

This really isn't looking good.

Sorry, I don't for one second buy his story.

I find it odd that he manages to 'lose' his ex wife at JUST THE MOMENT that they are in a terrible fight in the middle of the woods. What are the chances??

Every one of these stories begin this way, and ends far worse. Everyone knows that you never leave your drunk wife (ex or not) in the middle of the dark woods all alone....especially when she is too drunk to stand and walk straight. So, obviously, I don't think there's a liklihood that she was ever left alive to begin with.

Sorry, I don't for one second buy his story.

I find it odd that he manages to 'lose' his ex wife at JUST THE MOMENT that they are in a terrible fight in the middle of the woods. What are the chances??

Every one of these stories begin this way, and ends far worse. Everyone knows that you never leave your drunk wife (ex or not) in the middle of the dark woods all alone....especially when she is too drunk to stand and walk straight. So, obviously, I don't think there's a liklihood that she was ever left alive to begin with.

So true what you say. I look at the front page of just this section of WS and see all of the missing/located/found deceased, etc. and the pages and pages of crimes against fellow human-beings. And these are only the ones that we read/hear about. There are so, so, many more. I have NEVER seen such craziness when I was growing up. When I am gone, I fear for my children.

Years ago, we used to kinda joke about something being in the water whenever a very rarely heard of crime like this was in the newspaper. Well, I'm beginning to think that there really is something in the water, everywhere, in every state, city, country, the world.

I hope and pray that this poor lady is found, but again, I know deep down inside that this did something to her.

i am about 30 minutes from there , This is really sad. That area is nothing but farm after farm and woods after woods.

4hb6dv.jpg

My question is, why would you leave an obviously intoxicated woman alone in the woods at night? I mean really... How hard would it have been to either A. drive her back to the festival or B. force her to return home (or where ever you're staying) with you? Come on... This guy's story stinks so bad you'd think we were standing in it.

I agree the story stinks...Finding her isn't going to be easy. I did call up there earlier to see if there was anything I could do and was told to call back tomorrow when the sherrif is in... This is a very small rural county . Low violent crime area. Most of the crime in this area is Meth related

I just hope he was not gone long, maybe the body is close enough to be found. I feel 99.9% certain he killed her...a very unlikely story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back