GUILTY FL - Roberto Fortin & Yoselin Aguirre for child neglect, Miami, 2010

Wise Old Owl

Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
Reaction score
I saw this here on the 11 news. It was the first report of it and I had to wait for the entire story to make it online.

Look at what I have bolded in the quotes from the article!!! :furious:

Dad, stepmom ignored child until he weighed 40 lbs, police say
By Diana Moskovitz, The Miami Herald

11:37 p.m. EDT, August 16, 2010
A Miami couple is accused of ignoring a young boy's illness to the point that he weighed 40 pounds, which a doctor described as just more than half of what the child should weigh, according to police.

Father Roberto Fortin, 30, and stepmother Yoselin M. Aguirre, 31, are both charged with one count of child neglect. Both were held in a Miami-Dade County jail Monday night.

For Fortin, it was the second time in five years he has been accused of neglecting a son. In 2006, Fortin pleaded no contest in the death of his 9-month-old son, Alejandro, who drowned in a bathtub inside the family's Davie home.

Both father and stepmother have had legal troubles before.

Aguirre pleaded guilty in 2007 to aggravated battery on a person 65 or older. She was on probation until July 2008.

Fortin was placed on probation after he pleaded no contest to aggravated manslaughter of a child in his 9-month-old's death
, according to records with the state's corrections department.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/miami-dade/sfl-miami-child-neglect-081610,0,310585.story

I am just so :furious: that BOTH of these were not only OUT, FREE among us but that they had more children in their care!!!!!!!!!!!!

The abuse, neglect were horrific on this poor child. And the stepmom didn't seek any help for him because "he wasn't HER child". OMG

I'm so furious writing this that I have no more words.

The one GOOD thing is that this child is still alive - barely. That was on the news - :praying: for this child tonight.

yeah, sterilization as part of sentencing is seeming more & more viable in my mind

I have a question. How does a man who pleads no contest to aggravated manslaughter receive only probation? I don't get it.

I'm telling you - when you read about these "things" .....well - trying to control myself here.

But, as far as the sterilization - this child was 7 so he was born in 03 - the other child that died was only 9 months in 06. So this child was already "around". HOW IN THE WORLD DID THIS GUY HAVE THIS CHILD????? Where was CPS? It is so screwed up down here - this was the same county - Dade - that Rilea Wilson disappeared from.

There was just another case here last week. I didn't post it - maybe I'll go back and do it. Mother slit her 2 year old's throat and then hers. Both lived. Her 14 yr old son is the one that called 911. Seems it was all over a custody dispute with the 2 yr old's father. Meanwhile the poor 14 yr old is just left. Left. I feel so sorry for him. No father in the picture - and now I guess he feels he wasn't even good enough to kill.

Can you imagine?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back