1271 users online (245 members and 1026 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Canada - Rejeanne Pelletier-Charette, 82, Sherbrooke QC, 13 Aug 2010

Teen sought in senior's disappearance

ROCK FOREST, Quebec – The car belonging to Rejeanne Pelletier, the 82-year-old woman missing since Friday, was found at a Sherbrooke, Que., shopping mall Monday afternoon, about 15 km from the woman’s home.

Authorities say they still want to speak to 16-year-old Rene Audet in connection with the disappearance.

Police search teams combed the river behind Pelletier’s house on Monday and used a helicopter to survey the surrounding area. Police said they have not found any clues as to her whereabouts.

Pelletier was last seen Friday, although her disappearance went unreported until Sunday afternoon when the woman’s neighbours contacted authorities after not hearing from her over the weekend.

Audet left a Sherbrooke, Que., youth centre on the evening of Aug. 12. A teen fitting his description was seen going door to door in the Rock Forest area asking for help and to use the telephone.

Pelletier lived on the same street where Audet was reportedly seen and investigators believe he could have information regarding the disappearance.

Rene Audet is:
    • male
    • 16 years old
    • 5-foot-5
    • 104 pounds
    • brown eyes
    • brown hair

Anyone with information on the teen is asked to contact police

Rejeanne Pelletier is:
    • white female
    • 82 years old
    • 5 feet tall
    • 130 pounds
    • long white hair
    • green eyes and wears glasses
    • very active and in good physical health

Réjeanne Pelletier-Charrette was last seen Friday, August 13, 2010

READ MORE: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada.../15040461.html

Anyone with information is asked to contact Quebec police at 1-800-659-4264
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Canada - Rejeanne Pelletier, 82, Rock Forest Quebec, 13 Aug 2010

Teen sought in senior's disappearance

ROCK FOREST, Quebec – The car belonging to Rejeanne Pelletier, the 82-year-old woman missing since Friday, was found at a Sherbrooke, Que., shopping mall Monday afternoon, about 15 km from the woman’s home.

Authorities say they still want to speak to 16-year-old Rene Audet in connection with the disappearance.

Police search teams combed the river behind Pelletier’s house on Monday and used a helicopter to survey the surrounding area. Police said they have not found any clues as to her whereabouts.

Pelletier was last seen Friday, although her disappearance went unreported until Sunday afternoon when the woman’s neighbours contacted authorities after not hearing from her over the weekend.

Audet left a Sherbrooke, Que., youth centre on the evening of Aug. 12. A teen fitting his description was seen going door to door in the Rock Forest area asking for help and to use the telephone.

Pelletier lived on the same street where Audet was reportedly seen and investigators believe he could have information regarding the disappearance.

Rene Audet is:
    • male
    • 16 years old
    • 5-foot-5
    • 104 pounds (47 kg)
    • brown eyes
    • brown hair

Anyone with information on the teen is asked to contact police

Rejeanne Pelletier is:
    • white female
    • 82 years old
    • 5 feet tall
    • 130 pounds (59 kg)
    • long white hair
    • green eyes and wears glasses
    • very active and in good physical health

Réjeanne Pelletier-Charrette was last seen Friday, August 13, 2010

READ MORE: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada.../15040461.html

Anyone with information is asked to contact Quebec police at 1-800-659-4264
    Last edited by Salem; 08-19-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Quebec police search for missing elderly woman
    Réjeanne Pelletier-Charrette was last seen on Friday near her Rodrigue Street home in the city's Rock Forest district.

When neighbours alerted authorities, police found the door to Pelletier-Charrette's home open and her car was gone.

On Monday evening, police found Pelletier-Charrette's car in the parking lot of a Maxi grocery store in Sherbrooke.
    Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...ing-woman.html
    ★ Thank you ★

Quebec police search for missing elderly woman
    Réjeanne Pelletier-Charrette was last seen on Friday near her Rodrigue Street home in the city's Rock Forest district.

When neighbours alerted authorities, police found the door to Pelletier-Charrette's home open and her car was gone.

On Monday evening, police found Pelletier-Charrette's car in the parking lot of a Maxi grocery store in Sherbrooke.
    Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...ing-woman.html
    ★ Thank you ★

Important Witness

★ Thank you ★

Important Witness

★ Thank you ★

Updated: Mon Aug. 16 2010 10:16:47 PM

ctvmontreal.ca

The Surete du Quebec has taken in a 16-year-old boy for questioning in connection with the disappearance of a woman from her Sherbrooke home.
    Neighbours called police Sunday after noticing Pelletier-Charrette's front door open and, reportedly, blood on the handle.
    read more & VIDEO at Link: http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    ★ Thank you ★

Updated: Mon Aug. 16 2010 10:16:47 PM

ctvmontreal.ca
    The Surete du Quebec has taken in a 16-year-old boy for questioning in connection with the disappearance of a woman from her Sherbrooke home.
    Neighbours called police Sunday after noticing Pelletier-Charrette's front door open and, reportedly, blood on the handle.
    read more & VIDEO at Link: http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    ★ Thank you ★

Not looking good for the poor elderly woman.

Wonder what the kid was in the group home for.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    Not looking good for the poor elderly woman.

Wonder what the kid was in the group home for.
    The teen is considered an important witness, the police said. The SQ initially named the boy when they were looking for him on Monday, and handed out his photo to the media. But Tuesday morning, police asked reporters to stop using the boy's name and photo since he is a minor.

The SQ located him Monday night after he went missing from his youth readaptation centre in Val du Lac on Thursday. The centre's website says it houses about 100 students and residents of youth group homes for "transitional, specialized tutoring and readaptation."

RS&BBM
    Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...#ixzz0wtxXjzln
    ★ Thank you ★

The teen is considered an important witness, the police said. The SQ initially named the boy when they were looking for him on Monday, and handed out his photo to the media. But Tuesday morning, police asked reporters to stop using the boy's name and photo since he is a minor.

The SQ located him Monday night after he went missing from his youth readaptation centre in Val du Lac on Thursday. The centre's website says it houses about 100 students and residents of youth group homes for "transitional, specialized tutoring and readaptation."

RS&BBM
    Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...#ixzz0wtxXjzln
    ★ Thank you ★

Teen charged in disappearance of elderly Sherbrooke woman

Updated: Tue Aug. 17 2010 5:13:12 PM

Charges of kidnapping, confinement, theft and possession of a stolen vehicle were laid Tuesday against a 16-year-old boy in connection with the disappearance of an elderly Sherbrooke woman.
    Police spent Monday night questioning the teenager, whom they considered an important witness, after plain-clothed police officers spotted him at 8 p.m. in a microbrewery across from the Sherbrooke bus station.

The 16-year-old appeared Tuesday afternoon before the Youth Division of the Court of Quebec.
    Search continues for woman

On Tuesday, the SQ said it will continue to conduct a ground, aerial, and boat search for Pelletier-Charrette.

"Today we are expanding the search. We're going much further; the whole Sherbrooke area," said SQ officer Gregory Gomez del Prado.

"We have a helicopter on standby if there is any specific area to search."
    RSBM
    Read more & VIDEO : http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    ★ Thank you ★

Teen charged in disappearance of elderly Sherbrooke woman

Updated: Tue Aug. 17 2010 5:13:12 PM

Charges of kidnapping, confinement, theft and possession of a stolen vehicle were laid Tuesday against a 16-year-old boy in connection with the disappearance of an elderly Sherbrooke woman.
    Police spent Monday night questioning the teenager, whom they considered an important witness, after plain-clothed police officers spotted him at 8 p.m. in a microbrewery across from the Sherbrooke bus station.

The 16-year-old appeared Tuesday afternoon before the Youth Division of the Court of Quebec.
    Search continues for woman

On Tuesday, the SQ said it will continue to conduct a ground, aerial, and boat search for Pelletier-Charrette.

"Today we are expanding the search. We're going much further; the whole Sherbrooke area," said SQ officer Gregory Gomez del Prado.

"We have a helicopter on standby if there is any specific area to search."
    RSBM
    Read more & VIDEO : http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    ★ Thank you ★

Oh no. So the car was linked to the teen.

Where could Rejeanne be?

Help us find you Rejeanne!

I'm thinking if the teen was familiar with the local area Rejeanne is probably not too far. I wonder if the teen had a cell that could be pinged or there is some other way to track where he had driven the car prior to leaving it at the mall.

Prayers for Rejeanne's family and loved ones while they search for Rejeanne.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Rejeanne's body has been found in a wooded area about 2 km from her home. Police have not indicated whether there are obvious signs of foul play. An autopsy is being done.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...d-dead-100818/

RIP Reajeanne. My thoughts are with your family and friends.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast