1012 users online (185 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

It is possible....isn't it?

This is the first thread I have started. I hope it is appropriate - I couldn't find a thread that it really fit.

Ok, I know that we don't all agree on Kyron's current status. I am a mom of three and know that my heart is probably leading me through this case moreso than my head BUT I was reading on a site last night and it gave me a little hope that Kyron very well could still be with us and I wanted to share it.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved64.html

Quranah Gilliam - Quranah, 1, disappeared with her mother, Sherrie Lynn Stout, from Elizabeth, New Jersey on January 13, 2005. Quranah was found safe in the New York City borough of the Bronx in June 2009.

She was missing for 4 years! I am sure there is a lot more to the story and sadly, her mother has never been found. Supposedly, the family she was left with did not know she was a missing child. Couldn't that be possible for Kyron, even if it may not be likely?

Slightly O/T, I have been trying to back away from this case a little. The thread about the stroller pretty much did me in. I truly hoped that his family wasn't reading here after that one. No offense to the OP, I know it is the nature of the website. I guess I felt someone else might need a "pick me up" too.

Of course it is possible. I fervently hope and pray that little boy is safe and well, out there somewhere.

It is also highly unlikely at this stage of the game.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I keep hoping that's the case. Maybe he was placed with a family in a rural area. I know a lot of families in the Portland area homeschool. Perhaps this family homeschools and he just isn't seen.

We can all dream, can't we?

Thanks for the hope, tabacue. Personally, I go back and forth on whether or not he may be alive. My head tells me to not count on it and my heart just will not let go of the hope it feels. I just wish that everyone connected to this case would open up and tell what they know. Till then I am praying daily that God will cause these people to lose sleep (whether the perp is someone known to Kyron or a stranger).
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.

I pray Kyron is safe and happy - either with the family he was placed with - or with God.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpalm View Post
    What about the stroller? Don't repeat it here, just tell me which thread to read.
    Here is the link for the stroller thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111837"]Logistics Analysis: How to get child's body into a stroller while wrangling a toddler - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariKae View Post
    I keep hoping that's the case. Maybe he was placed with a family in a rural area. I know a lot of families in the Portland area homeschool. Perhaps this family homeschools and he just isn't seen.

We can all dream, can't we?
    And, a lot of families even make it a point to avoid mainstream media. So as hard as it may be to believe, there *are* people who haven't heard of Kyron Horman, or know what he looks like.

JMO

i think the only possible way someone has him that doesnt KNOW he is a missing child would maybe be AMISH (hence no tv/radio/) etc but even the amish get newspapers, don't they?? Anyway, I can't see how anyone could have him that didn't at least know who he is.. I suppose if in an extreme case he was moved to a third world country they may not know who he is either, but I still find that highly unlikely...JMO. However I can buy into the hope that he is still alive and someone has him. I pray everyday that this is the case.
    ~Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes~

We had a case here a couple of months ago where a grade-school child living with a relative was found to have been abucted by the noncustodial parent in another state. The child was living a normal life here, and had papers for temporary guardianship etc. The guardian had been told that the mother had been deployed to Iraq.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Just want to clarify, it isn't that the stroller thread is bad...it just caught me off guard when I first saw it. I know what to anticipate if I view the "Connect the Dots" thread just by reading between the lines. No between line reading necessary for the stroller thread.

Thanks for finding the link Joeskidbeck. I went back to look for it and by the time I found it, you had already posted it. Not sure that I know how to link to it anyway.

If Kyron was taken by TH - or by someone intentionally trying to make it look as if she did it, then Kyron is probably alive and may well be outside the country. If it was a typical "stranger" abduction (and by stranger, I include folks he may have had a passing acquaintance with), then...

Quote Originally Posted by boggled_in_ohio View Post
    i think the only possible way someone has him that doesnt KNOW he is a missing child would maybe be AMISH (hence no tv/radio/) etc but even the amish get newspapers, don't they?? Anyway, I can't see how anyone could have him that didn't at least know who he is.. I suppose if in an extreme case he was moved to a third world country they may not know who he is either, but I still find that highly unlikely...JMO. However I can buy into the hope that he is still alive and someone has him. I pray everyday that this is the case.
    I was thinking about maybe an older person that may not have internet access. I don't have cable/satellite - just local channels. I have heard about Kyron on GMA, Today, etc but I was specifically listening for the info. I guess the problem with my thought is that unless the person is secluded (or rural like KeriKae suggested), you'd think somone else would recognize him.
    Where I live, we have a lot of Mennonites who live similarly to the Amish (they drive cars, use electricity, but make their own clothes and I guess just live very simply). Are there any communities like that in Oregon?

With so many references to farming/gardening/rural areas, it is hard for me to lean one way or another.

I think it is unlikely he is alive, no matter who took him. If Terri, no way would she have wanted it to get this "big"; I think she would have brought him back, in some way, if it were possible.

And if a predator took him, even less likely he is alive.

But of course there is a chance.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by tabacue View Post
    I was thinking about maybe an older person that may not have internet access. I don't have cable/satellite - just local channels. I have heard about Kyron on GMA, Today, etc but I was specifically listening for the info. I guess the problem with my thought is that unless the person is secluded (or rural like KeriKae suggested), you'd think somone else would recognize him.
    Where I live, we have a lot of Mennonites who live similarly to the Amish (they drive cars, use electricity, but make their own clothes and I guess just live very simply). Are there any communities like that in Oregon?

With so many references to farming/gardening/rural areas, it is hard for me to lean one way or another.
    There are Mennonites who live in the Lancaster/Harrisburg (Lane/Linn/Benton County area--i.e. quite a bit south of Portland) area and Russian Old Believers in Clackamas and Marion counties and probably others.

I don't know much about the Mennonites near Harrisburg. My family knew some of them, but I don't know how low-tech they are. There are other Mennonites in Oregon who aren't low-tech. Here's some info on the Old Believers:

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sshoemak/325..._believers.htm

Again, I don't know what their approach to technology is. They bake and grow berries like nobody's business though!
    Where's Kyron?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast