FL FL - Shannon Hawkins, 35, St John's County, 31 July 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-08-17/sheriffs-office-looking-missing-woman

Sheriff's Office looking for missing woman
Posted: August 17, 2010 - 1:40pm

The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a 35 year-old St. Johns County resident who was last seen at her residence on July 31.

Shannon Marie Hawkins, 35, was last seen by her husband as he left the family home on July 31 and has had no contact since, according to a St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office report.

The husband told deputies their cars were still at their residence, so it is unknown how Hawkins left the area. Hawkins, who is 5 ft. 5 inches tall, 135 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes has left the family residence for extended periods of time in the past before, the report said. Yet family and friends said that they have had no contact with Hawkins since end of the July.

Detectives have conducted initial field and canine searches of a nearby wooded area, but found nothing leading to her whereabouts, the report said.

Anyone who may have information about Hawkins is asked to contact the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office at 904-824-8304.

hawkinsss.JPG

I can not get this one off my mind after the previous post about the uid. I think it is a real possibility it is her. Look at the lips in both of the pictures. I think that someone (I am new & don't know how to) needs to submit her as a possibility for the uid that "shin masamura" linked. Thanks

Shannon is the first person that I thought of when I saw the UID that Shin Masamura linked above. I posted the same on the UID's thread. I hope someone followed up with it. Still no news on Shannon. Sad.

Update, i sent it in and she finally replied and said its a possible match!

"Shaun (real name): NamUs has posed this as a potential match and it is pending review of biometric data. Thank you! "

I should elaborate, happyme82 told me to submit it since they felt so strongly about it. I saw that other people felt the same way so I contacted Namus and the detective working the case in nearby Tampa. The first email told me thanks, but that they kinda thought they might know the Jane Doe. So I was like ok, and left it at that.. but yesterday I got an email from saying that the first possible match did not pan out and ...

RE: Possible Match
Rose Sacchetti <namus.14@findthemissing.org>
"View Contact
To: Shaun Morris <semorris_2@yahoo.com>

Shaun: NamUs has posed this as a potential match and it is pending review of biometric data. Thank you! "

So fingers are crossed... btw reading up on her family, its sad that it seems she (Shannon) had mental health issues and left her home and family..

Just wanted to respond to our speculation of the uid in tampa fl being shannon. It looks like the uid was indentified and it was not Shannon.:banghead:

Any news on if there was a match? The link to the UID does not work, but I don't see any information on her being found?

still missing: http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2015-12-05/missing-not-forgotten#.VmcWr9IrLAU

In a journal, Shannon Marie Hawkins wrote that she was going to the woods behind her home to harm herself. Five years later, neither her family nor the police know what happened to her.

Hawkins, who went missing from her home on July 31, 2010, is one of eight missing people cases originating in St. Johns County that Gene Tolbert, a major crimes unit detective for the St. Johns County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, says are out of the ordinary.

Shannon-Hawkins.jpg

I think she simply took a longer walk than what the police assumed.

I wonder how in-depth was the search of the woods. I agree it has to be one of the major leads if she disappeared with no vehicle and wrote what was alleged in her journal.
Poor Shannon, her children, and her husband, her parents, and any other relatives. My heart goes out to everyone in these kinds of cases.
I hope they will still get answers.

Shannon is featured this week on the Charley Project homepage.

I wonder how in-depth was the search of the woods. I agree it has to be one of the major leads if she disappeared with no vehicle and wrote what was alleged in her journal.
Poor Shannon, her children, and her husband, her parents, and any other relatives. My heart goes out to everyone in these kinds of cases.
I hope they will still get answers.

Shannon is featured this week on the Charley Project homepage.

There have been many times when someone disappeared in an area and the police allegedly "scoured" the area and then the person showed up not too far from where they were last seen years later. Police searches, like anything else, are often just on a budget.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back