Woman killed while trying to switch places with driver

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=12986373

Deputy Coroner John A. McCarty stated Hicks was sliding over the car's T-top and was outside the vehicle as it traveled KY. 519 just north of Morehead at highway speed when her foot hit the steering wheel.

The car veered left and the other person, who was sliding into the passenger seat, grabbed it, turning it sharply right, throwing Hicks was from the car's roof and into a guardrail.

OMG! How STUPID can people be???????????????

In what universe does that even sound remotely like a good idea?

I just hope that we don't hear later that this daredevil act was being filmed for the www.

Nothing like being normal and actually pulling over to the side of the road to switch seats. What is going on in this world?

Like Keen -- I hope this isn't some youtube stunt.

MOO

Mel

ETA: WHO switches seats outside the car? Why was the occupant sliding across the roof. Inside switch I could see...outside switch - not so much. Had to be some kind of stoopid dare or something.

Good grief...I know some of us wonder how we are going to die, but who would come up with this one?

Please, when I die, don't let me be doing something moronic like this and have it make the national news.

Some people watch too many movies.

Not a very smart move for sure on either persons part. I wonder what kind of car it was. A T-top looks like this

http://home.fnal.gov/~gzeller/pictures/sam_in_car.gif

I assume she was attempting to climb over the roof divider with the tops off while the driver slid into the passenger seat. Seriously wouldn't it just have been as easy to pull over on the side of the road for 2 minutes and change drivers safely?

Not a very smart move for sure on either persons part. I wonder what kind of car it was. A T-top looks like this

http://home.fnal.gov/~gzeller/pictures/sam_in_car.gif

I assume she was attempting to climb over the roof divider with the tops off while the driver slid into the passenger seat. Seriously wouldn't it just have been as easy to pull over on the side of the road for 2 minutes and change drivers safely?

Oh no, that would be far too rational! (insert sarcasm here).

I just can't get over it...

Mel

Hey... do you guys think alcohol was involved???

:rolleyes:

One of these days, I plan to start a thread about insane things I have seen people do while driving.
My favorite was the guy who was drifting all over the Interstate at 70+ MPH and looked to be sitting in the middle of the front seat. I managed to cautiously pass him and then I saw what he was doing- he had a screwdriver and looked to be fixing his tape deck.
You know, it's fine with me if these morons kill themselves. Usually they take someone with them.

WHY? WHY? WHY? :waitasec:

Last week my daughters boyfriend and I wanted to switch seats. We pulled up to the intersection, looked at each other, smiled and said "you ready"? Jumped out of the truck and ran around the truck. We laughed and felt silly;

Were still here.

I dunno, Shivs. It's a slippery slope. :wink:

Hey... do you guys think alcohol was involved???

:rolleyes:

I'm guessing yes.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/15/1393056/state-local-briefs.html

Kelita Nicole Hicks of Olive Hill was driving a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo about 2:45 a.m. Saturday on Ky. 519 in Rowan County, about 2 miles south of Morehead. She tried to switch seats with a passenger in the vehicle while the vehicle was moving, according to the Fayette County Coroner's Office. Hicks tried to cross over the top of the vehicle's "T-Top" and was completely outside the vehicle when she struck the steering wheel with her foot, causing it to veer left. The passenger grabbed the wheel and turned it sharply to the right. Hicks was thrown from the roof of the car and onto the side of the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back