1171 users online (215 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"

Two articles to show your teens!

If you're like me, you have a teen who 1) wears headphones and 2) texts.

Please show them these articles, so that they can learn to be sensible about these two things.

Plastic Surgeon Was Texting in Car Before Fatal Crash

More teens suffer from hearing loss: Study shows 20% of youth affected

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    If you're like me, you have a teen who 1) wears headphones and 2) texts.

Please show them these articles, so that they can learn to be sensible about these two things.

Plastic Surgeon Was Texting in Car Before Fatal Crash

More teens suffer from hearing loss: Study shows 20% of youth affected
    Thank you - I saw those articles, and was horrified. The surgeon should certainly know better. Especially in California.

My DH rec'd a ticket for talking on the phone while driving -- he won't do that again!

Wonder if the hearing loss will apply to me too! I watch links, etc, using headphones (which is a lot). Since the computer is in the living room (where I can keep an eye on my teen), we use the headphones if we need to listen to something!

Yikes....

Mel

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Thank you - I saw those articles, and was horrified. The surgeon should certainly know better. Especially in California.

My DH rec'd a ticket for talking on the phone while driving -- he won't do that again!

Wonder if the hearing loss will apply to me too! I watch links, etc, using headphones (which is a lot). Since the computer is in the living room (where I can keep an eye on my teen), we use the headphones if we need to listen to something!

Yikes....

Mel
    Me too, Mel. But I use Sony headphones that totally encompasses the whole ear, not earbuds. I hate earbuds.

I went to so many rock concerts as a teen. After one Van Halen concert, I could hear nothing but buzzing for a week. At the time I thought it was worth it, but now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Me too, Mel. But I use Sony headphones that totally encompasses the whole ear, not earbuds. I hate earbuds.

I went to so many rock concerts as a teen. After one Van Halen concert, I could hear nothing but buzzing for a week. At the time I thought it was worth it, but now, not so much.
    Me too - I have the Sony over the ear kind...love em Hate earbuds

Mel