Ron IS NOT a "person of interest" according to sheriff...???...

butterfly1978

Reaction score
WTH!!!! You have got to be freakin kidding me.
Lt. Johnny Greenwood, of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday. "We don't know if the break in Haleigh's disappearance will come from behind bars or from the public."

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

Surely they have not come to this conclusion based on the fact that Ron "was at werk", he could have killed Haleigh before leaving work, he could have set this in motion for Misty and Tommy to dispose of her, he could have offered Tommy or Joe drugs to get rid of her, there are so many possabilities. How in the heck did they come to the conclusion that Ron is not a POI , when they have NO IDEA what happened or where Haleigh is?

From the moment I saw the video of him on his knees "crying" for the press, I knew that he knew what happened. I don't know if he's the one who did it--I suspect so--but I know that he knows.

His whole demeener tells me he is involved somehow.....
When he stated in the police sting video "dope boys don't do this" and goes on to explain why and what they would do, should have thrown up a red flag with LE, how does he know they aren't involved unless he knows what did happen.

What the heck does Ron have over this dang police department?

From the moment I saw the video of him on his knees "crying" for the press, I knew that he knew what happened. I don't know if he's the one who did it--I suspect so--but I know that he knows.

That video bothers me too and has since day one.

I have mixed feelings about the statement released. I wish they would just let us know about whether they were able to verify he was at work that night or not.

If not him, then my focus is on Teresa. Maybe that's the "surprise". IMO, the cummings know exactly what happened to Haleigh and where she is, and the fact that LE has still not solved this case tells me that the Cummings are protecting one of their own.

JMO of course

I have mixed feelings about the statement released. I wish they would just let us know about whether they were able to verify he was at work that night or not.

I have mixed feelings about the statement released, too. I think it is another lie told by LE. I mean, we've heard them lie before, haven't we?

Look who's sitting behind bars on dang near million dollar bonds? Misty AND Ron.
JMO of course

This has removed all doubt from my mind....this case will never be solved.

I do beleive he was at work... but that doesn't mean he is not involved. If he is involved as I suspect than that just means he had the foresight to set up an alibi.

This has removed all doubt from my mind....this case will never be solved.
If Ron is involved than I completely agree. He has managed to weasel his way out of just about everything his whole life. I don't know why and that bugs me. If he is involved this case will not be solved because of whatever Ron and his family have over LE...... I wish the FBI would take over this case.

Everybody....Hold on!There was no interview of Greenwood that I have heard today.

This is an example of our media going wild again..IMO.

Look at the article. It is a story... no reporter had interviewed him today. Once again they took old news and recycled it. Somebody from the family (take your pick) gave them the story for Haleigh's Birthday. They took some references from last year's comments and inserted them into a story for today. The quotes from Greenwood were from a few months ago and the one about ron and Crystal is most likely from what he said one year ago....probably told to the editor and was referenced.You can tell it is out of sequence.

This is getting really old. I am getting very irritated with newspapers and reporters. It sure looked like it was stated today. I do not see any reporter taking credit, therefore, it is simply a nice story between a family member and the paper or they just summed up today and threw in old quotes.

If I find out Greenwood was interviewed today, I will apologize...if anyone sees him on video or audio being interviewed today, let me know....otherwise, file it in the circular, it is good attempt at character restoration in time for a hearing.

Whisperer, Put down that cigarette and listen..LOL
LE and the news media in that area have a good working relationship..IF LE doesn't want it published it doesn't get published...IF LE doesn't want something investigated, it doesn't get investigated...JMO

I can't believe this. So if he's NOT a suspect, then why not release the information regarding what hours he worked that day? That's been kept a secret for 18 months. I don't get it.

IMO, when i see a video of any LE stating that Ron is CLEARED, then i will believe it.... Until then, like Whisp said, it is old news.....

LE as far as i know, has never said Ron was Cleared. The A/C guy was CLEARED but not Ron.

JMO :)

IMO, when i see a video of any LE stating that Ron is CLEARED, then i will believe it.... Until then, like Whisp said, it is old news.....

LE as far as i know, has never said Ron was Cleared. The A/C guy was CLEARED but not Ron.

JMO :)

I am with ya lil momma. TJ put out a statement that he said came from LE. I went to PCSO website and have not seen any news released regarding the Haleigh case. But there is one on TJ's site. Who knows, what is really going on.
Take a look at LE website http://pcso.us/news

I just don't know what to believe, not even what little LE says. IMO, even if someone from LE said that Ron is cleared, that does not mean that is what they really feel. They can always change their mind. That goes for anyone, not just Ron. JMO

This is what is posted on TJ's site.
Posted: Tuesday, 17 August 2010 12:12PM
Croslin Pleads No Contest in St Johns, Says She Heard Haleigh Cummings Attack

TJ Hart

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/7930698.php

"Snip"
This is the media release from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office:

Date: August 17, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for an official comment regarding a statement made earlier today by Attorney Robert Fields. For those outlets not aware, Attorney Fields is legal counsel for Misty Croslin.

Attorney Fields made a statement to media outlets that after Misty Croslin’s arrest, she informed investigators what happened the night Haleigh Cummings went missing, and what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding this morning’s events at this time. The main concern of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is finding Haleigh Cummings and returning her home to her family.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

I wonder why Lt. Johnny Greenwood didn't indicate in the press release that Crystal and Ron were not "person's of interest" especially when Lt. Johnny Greenwood indicated in the press release that: "The Putnam County Sheriff's Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements, etc., etc."

IMO, it sounds like Lt. Johnny Greenwood is talking out of both sides of his mouth. :banghead:

Law Enforcement said this many many months ago, Greenwood has reinforced it with his statement Tuesday....second verse same as the first. I have faith they know who killed Haleigh and just because justice has not been swift in this case does not point to LE being corrupt or underhanded, in my opinion.

Lt Greenwood is FDLE....NOT Putnam County Sheriffs Office, it's pretty clear who isn't talking or giving statements....and who is.

It is entirely possible that LE's relationship with Ron and the potential to keep his cooperation in regards to their investigation of Haleigh's disappearance hinges upon Ron's belief that he is not being looked at as a suspect in the matter.

MOO - much ado about nothing. LE saying someone is not a suspect does not equal person is not a suspect.

Le didn't make that statement yesterday, and Whisper is 100 percent right. If Ronald was not involved with what happened to his daughter, the cops would have been grateful for him entrapping Misty and he would not have gotten trouble.

WTH!!!! You have got to be freakin kidding me.
Lt. Johnny Greenwood, of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday. "We don't know if the break in Haleigh's disappearance will come from behind bars or from the public."

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

Surely they have not come to this conclusion based on the fact that Ron "was at werk", he could have killed Haleigh before leaving work, he could have set this in motion for Misty and Tommy to dispose of her, he could have offered Tommy or Joe drugs to get rid of her, there are so many possabilities. How in the heck did they come to the conclusion that Ron is not a POI , when they have NO IDEA what happened or where Haleigh is?

Just because LE says it, doesn't make it so. Until they have the body, or the child & all the facts, they can't really clear anyone, can they? If he really believes that, I have a bridge in the dessert I want to sell him.

It is entirely possible that LE's relationship with Ron and the potential to keep his cooperation in regards to their investigation of Haleigh's disappearance hinges upon Ron's belief that he is not being looked at as a suspect in the matter.

MOO - much ado about nothing. LE saying someone is not a suspect does not equal person is not a suspect.

BBM....I totally agree with this.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni