Heidi Montag's plastic surgeon texted before driving off cliff

Skittles

Reaction score
Plastic Surgeon Was Texting in Car Before Fatal Crash

"Dr. Frank Ryan, plastic surgeon to Heidi Montag and other celebrities, was sending a Twitter message about his border collie just before his fatal car accident, his ex-girlfriend tells PEOPLE.

"He lived up in Malibu on a tiny street and he was texting while driving and he accidentally went over the cliff," Charmaine Blake says."

More at:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413769,00.html

Why do people continue to text while driving? What message could be so important to risk your life?!!!!

Geeesh!!! Very sad way to lose his life. My prayers to his family.......

wm

guess heidi will have to find a new plastic surgeon

so sad

put the freakin' crackberries away people!

This scares me to death. My daughter and her fiance both do it. I have preached up one wall and down the other. I have pointed out every story about texting wrecks. I don't even talk on my cell phone when I'm driving. If it rings, I don't answer it. It is so unsafe.

It's like an addiction for some people. I swear, they should have scrambling devices in cars so people CAN'T use their phones while driving. There is nothing so important that you can't pull over to deal with it.

so sad

put the freakin' crackberries away people!
LOL at "crackberries" term- never heard that one before; it's perfect! This is a sad and all-too-common story these days. Just goes to show that NONE of us are immune from making fatal mistakes, even if it only was "just for a second"> a 'second' is all it takes. No doubt Dr. Ryan was entirely caught up in the 'celeb' scene- guess he was a celebrity in his own way, as well- and it BLOWS MY MIND how a middle-aged man feels the need/compulsion to TWITTER while he's driving!! Twitter, imo, is for teens and very young adults ONLY; at 48, I think I would look like an IDIOT "twittering" to others; it's so... junior high. I want to make it clear that i feel very, very sorry that this happened, and of course he in no way "had it coming" as in deserving it/karma, but he engaged in risky behavior, of course. It doesn't take unprotected sex or a crack pipe to put yourself in harm's way, as so many people seem to think. Just using an innocuous little phone is HIGHLY risky behavior once you are operating a motor vehicle... I wonder how many people think, "I'll just take this ONE last call" or "I need to send this ONE little message"-- right before their lives end on the road.
And I TOTALLY sympathize with parents who try so hard to stop their loved ones from using their phones while driving- it's SO upsetting and frustrating. A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit my 21-yr.-old son at college; he is a WONDERFUL son and we had a great visit- EXCEPT for the fact that he was CONSTANTLY texting his girlfriend, who was out of town at the time... and I don't mean sending 3-5 texts per day, it was more like 3-5 every FIFTEEN MINUTES!! Later I picked up his phone and looked at his texts- not to be nosy/sneaky, but I thought, "Well maybe she had serious surgery today or a death in her family and she 'needed' to talk"- HA! Their tests were like:
HEY WHAS UP?
HEY I MISS YOU.
OH BABY I MISS YOU TOO.
GOING TO McDONALD'S... etc. etc. ad nauseum- GRRRRRRR!!!!:furious:

guess heidi will have to find a new plastic surgeon

Indeed:eek:

RIP Dr. Ryan.

One would have to wonder was he texting when he put in those hugamagantic boobies of hers. Not hating just saying.:innocent:

Not suicide? At some point in the future it may be considered that when people do this it's no different than not outrunning the freight train when the signals are all red.

Rest in peace Dr. Ryan. :rose:

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

You are taught from day one when you learn to drive to keep both hands on the wheel and to keep your eyes on the road and on your mirrors. It's crazy to try to drive and do something to distract yourself from the road. If it's so important you pull over, it certainly isn't worth losing your life over. Have a good journey and hope you're in peace now.

I have moved to CA from the Midwest. I wouldn't even text and drive in Missouri with all the flat, wide roads. The views here are spectacular but the roads in the hills and mountains are scary. Some of them have no shoulder and drop straight off hundreds of feet. There is no way that anyone should be texting and driving on those roads. The poor man paid with his life. That is certainly tragic but come on.....The only thing I can say is at least he didn't take anyone else with him. I wish people would just use good judgment.

RIP Dr. Ryan.

This reminds me of the death of Steve Prefontaine, the famous distance runner, back in 1975. He also died in a single car accident. As I recall, the police speculated he was reaching for a cassette tape on the floor of the car and lost control of the vehicle.

Plastic Surgeon Was Texting in Car Before Fatal Crash

"Dr. Frank Ryan, plastic surgeon to Heidi Montag and other celebrities, was sending a Twitter message about his border collie just before his fatal car accident, his ex-girlfriend tells PEOPLE.

"He lived up in Malibu on a tiny street and he was texting while driving and he accidentally went over the cliff," Charmaine Blake says."

More at:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413769,00.html

Oh, too bad. When I saw the thread title, I hoped his last words were an apology for what he did to that poor, deluded girl.

(It's true. I have no respect for the dead--other than whatever respect they earned in life.)

I saw a story on the Today Show this am that Dr Ryan's dog was in the vehicle and survived the crash but was seriously injured. Poor Pup : ~(

Heidi tweeted that she is devastated.

wm

I saw a story on the Today Show this am that Dr Ryan's dog was in the vehicle and survived the crash but was seriously injured. Poor Pup : ~(

Heidi tweeted that she is devastated.

wm

BBM

Hopefully not from her phone while she was driving...

That's pretty sad. I hope he wasnt scedueling his next disfigurement.

Hope Heidi isnt devestated due to her warped mind scrambling to find another Dr. to further destroy her disfigured, disgusting shell. Perhaps she will stop twisting millions of young girls views concerning: self-esteem, self-image, acceptance, inner beauty, false sense of self, so on and so forth.

Perhaps this will save a few thousand already beautiful young girls.

sick::sick::sick::sick:

Not suicide? At some point in the future it may be considered that when people do this it's no different than not outrunning the freight train when the signals are all red.

I took sociology classes at the Univ of Ca, San Diego, from this professor, David Phillips, who did all kinds of suicide studies. I remember that one sign they take as evidence of possible suicide over accident is if the person had their foot on the gas, instead of the brake, at the time of the crash. (I don't know how they determine that, but the guy's studies are pretty sound.)

This reminds me of the death of Steve Prefontaine, the famous distance runner, back in 1975. He also died in a single car accident. As I recall, the police speculated he was reaching for a cassette tape on the floor of the car and lost control of the vehicle.

I think that was the scenario when the person in the van hit Stephen King some years ago.

And, for yet another thing I heard or read somewhere--lots of single car accidents are caused by the driver trying to swat or kill an insect in the car. I remember that and just chill out if I get a bee or anything in there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back